Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fair Warning to the Game

Calvin74 Guest

Default Fair Warning to the Game

Right now CR contains 73% of all farms in the game. As the set goes on we will only raise that number and quite possible get over 80%. This is going to kill the food market with those top indies. There will hardly be any food on there even when we are selling food.

It is still early enough in the set that another tag might want to consider running farmer as well as their current strats.

Just word to the wise

i thought this fair warning might have had something to do with the fact that every state is an inf ***** and 98% of the global military is composed of infantry and i personally make up 25% of the games ships. pretty sad that all sky does is spam infantry, maybe the fair warning should go out to their states who could easily be AAed all the way down to ground zero. Just saying

If they are defenceless and no one dares to hit them, it seems Sky is having the best unit strategy.

I would not blame them if I were you.
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistCapitalism View Post
    i thought this fair warning might have had something to do with the fact that every state is an inf ***** and 98% of the global military is composed of infantry and i personally make up 25% of the games ships. pretty sad that all sky does is spam infantry, maybe the fair warning should go out to their states who could easily be AAed all the way down to ground zero. Just saying
    I personally hate full inf and want to produce ships, sams, jets etc. But top states that are not Sky are also inf hoarding so I if I want to SA them I have to also inf hoard.If u want warn someone then warn all states not only sky states

And thanks for the information Calvin, I start collecting some food then

I think it's BeeNo who has always said that you shouldn't look at the number of units but their military strengths, because for example even in the very end of the set about 50-75% of the units are infantry, but their total strength is only about 10-25%.

If we are talking about current situation, then there are a few thoughts on my mind. Indeed, right now infantry consists about 85-90% of total military strength. However this also means that most of the states are "inf hoarding" not only us and for that matter if there are no wars this is what most of the states do for the most of the set (considering the number of ships skyrockets only in the last few days). If we take for example last set then LoR's top went well over 200m inf with little/no defense, but I can understand that. I like to think about it as adopting to the current situation because upgrading too early can hamper your state and take away your chances to get the top spot. Also I find it somewhat pointless and it's probably more of a psychological thing if your opponents see that you have for example 1m lvl8 ships. Because on larger scale if someone wants that attack you that 1m ship makes little difference. It starts to change somewhere in mid-set or last third of the set, when your (top) state is strong enough so that there might not be any states that could break you even if they convert 100% to 1 unit type. Combine this with a few sleepless nights and some luck and you will keep your extremely balanced top state alive till the end of the set.

Basically I don't care about how other people are playing and I find that it's not up to me to say that they should play this way or that way.

i don`t get it, who cares what units they hoard? what`s the **** difference? you`re just pissed cuz they`re ahead of you. grow some manhood and buzz off. if my one man tag can keep up, you should be able too. and I`m not even doing anything besides cashing and storing my bank. so if you have NA support you should be able to take them on, if you don`t, well, kudos to you, you suck *** and should not be netting anyway, cuz even if Sky played with no tech you`d still lose. so stfu and just play the game
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    i don`t get it, who cares what units they hoard? what`s the **** difference? you`re just pissed cuz they`re ahead of you. grow some manhood and buzz off. if my one man tag can keep up, you should be able too. and I`m not even doing anything besides cashing and storing my bank. so if you have NA support you should be able to take them on, if you don`t, well, kudos to you, you suck *** and should not be netting anyway, cuz even if Sky played with no tech you`d still lose. so stfu and just play the game
    calm down
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by Salabanzi View Post
    I personally hate full inf and want to produce ships, sams, jets etc. But top states that are not Sky are also inf hoarding so I if I want to SA them I have to also inf hoard.If u want warn someone then warn all states not only sky states

And thanks for the information Calvin, I start collecting some food then
    i would warn all nations but when i'm warning the top 10, its basically just Sky + a handful of LoR and random states. Well played boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    wow the hostillity! If i was seriously netting i would not have joined a half casher half indy high tax nation. If i was netting i wouldn't have already upgraded ships sams and spies. I'm not jealous, i don't expect to top these guys, moradon and a lot of sky are good players, i'm just saying that in old times they would be prime targets for suiciders.
    Last edited by CommunistCapitalism; 06-08-2011 at 13:25.

Calvin74 Guest

i would warn all nations but when i'm warning the top 10, its basically just Sky + a handful of LoR and random states. Well played boys.

wow the hostillity! If i was seriously netting i would not have joined a half casher half indy high tax nation. If i was netting i wouldn't have already upgraded ships sams and spies. I'm not jealous, i don't expect to top these guys, moradon and a lot of sky are good players, i'm just saying that in old times they would be prime targets for suiciders.
    i like to think the game has actually gotten better where people can play how they want and not have to worry about a suicide...

what old times? the ones where suiciders drove away all the good netters and people who actually enjoyed the game? great times, great times...

p.s. as I said before, you have no clue, what 'old times' are, so don`t get me started again
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE