Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fair Warning to the Game

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    well, knowing you, you`re gonna start selling 3 days left in set, so yours will sell, yes
    yeah i do like the early jump

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    It's not blackmail, it's called us using our brains, and playing the right way. Give us one reason why we should be stupid when our banks are full and keep selling food just so you guys can also destroy billions in cash as you attack us for our land (You lose 3% of your out of bank cash per attack.), and we also end up with high per turn expenses if we bought Military to keep from losing the cash. I'll pass on playing the game the stupid way and go with the smart way...starving you guys until the end!!!!

Now, be smart and stock up on food while we're giving you the chance to get it, while supplies last!!
    haha this is a funny post. You're using your brains, but only partly. If you stop selling food, the indy's have less units to sell. That means you can't jump as high. Suit yourself but i think the joke will be on you with 50bill in the bank that will have to be spent on the black market. Enjoy your strategy though

*declares on CR*
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistCapitalism View Post
    haha this is a funny post. You're using your brains, but only partly. If you stop selling food, the indy's have less units to sell. That means you can't jump as high. Suit yourself but i think the joke will be on you with 50bill in the bank that will have to be spent on the black market. Enjoy your strategy though
    i have done the math and even buying off the black market the end result is vastly better...

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    this is not the bank setting, this is your choice to play this way.

trying to blackmail us into supporting calvins push for an increased bank max is not wise. although creative, there are many ways to handle this situation without changing the game.
    beeno not once in this thread have i said anything about a bigger bank
    infact i don't even think i am the one that starts those discussions
    however you are always the 1st one to come out against a bigger bank. why?

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kitoy View Post
    *declares on CR*

that is fine if you want to however you would be destroying end finishes for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    however you are always the 1st one to come out against a bigger bank. why?
    bank envy?

or maybe i'm getting bank confused with some other word...

while i'm not entirely opposed to it a larger bank, i'm annoyed at comments suggesting "give us a bigger bank, or starve".

some players do have a hard timing playing up top, racking up large military losses and higher expenses for little gain. however, i know that i can finish higher by jumping, even without a nation army.

your delayed jumping strategy is an interesting new approach to stocking, but it certainly isn't the only "smart" way to play a farmer state.

as i mentioned above i'm not entirely against changing the bank size, or adding a technology that lets you stock past 50bil. but what will that accomplish in relation to this argument? say we bump it to 75bil? farmers still stock well over that amount, this would not solve our complaints. there is something i don't like about altering things in this game to improve certain nations chosen strategy.

hibbidy hubbidy!!!
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post

that is fine if you want to however you would be destroying end finishes for a lot of people
    no worries.. after wiping CR, half of LoR will be farmers then everyone is happy..
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    It's not blackmail, it's called us using our brains, and playing the right way. Give us one reason why we should be stupid when our banks are full and keep selling food just so you guys can also destroy billions in cash as you attack us for our land (You lose 3% of your out of bank cash per attack.), and we also end up with high per turn expenses if we bought Military to keep from losing the cash. I'll pass on playing the game the stupid way and go with the smart way...starving you guys until the end!!!!

Now, be smart and stock up on food while we're giving you the chance to get it, while supplies last!!
    I think you guys just start to circulate the food (read: buy back your own food from the market) from time to time, or at least this would save you some cash when done correctly.

Right now the problem lies in the number of players, there aren't enough farmers (most of the sets) for decent stocking. Food price hits 100 too soon. This creates this awkward situation where farmers themselves buy off all the available food.

It made me wonder how much food/cash does a farmer lose then? So I looked at the losses of a top farmer (in both cases it was Salabanzi):
    Jan 2011 SaLaBaNz1(#57) [CR] 40.916 $371.814.680
    May 2011 SaLaBaNz1(#63) [CR] 28.189 $244.536.451

Now I'm not going to lay down you the numbers just yet, because I'm interested to know how much food/cash do you people think he lost in those 2 sets? To make the guessing a bit easier I can tell that he most likely was somewhat more active in January set, because the cash/food combined had about the same value what he lost in May set. Most of the losses in January set came from cash and in May set from food.

This bank size talk reminds me Domination, where we had only 20G bank! There were 2 ways to compensate this: different land grab formula that made easier for stockers to keep their land + taking goods back from market was free, but you couldn't do it before 24h.

Basically I don't mind making changes in bank size limit, because it's probably the easiest solution if you want to give a score boost to stocking farmers, but there are others who can benefit from it as well, like top state who has say 450-500G on hand (you can also guess where did I come up with this number). Combine increased bank limit with premium account (money from sold goods ends up directly in bank) and in the end of the set you should be able to see the results. However BeeNo has a good point - are (stocking) farmers underpowered compared to others and do they need boost? In the end I think it comes down to how much time does one have to invest (on average) in order to get a certain score.

Lastly, I believe you actually can save some money if you would keep your extra cash in army (that is, if there is anything to buy), especially when your nations tax is 0%.