Thread: Crimson's Rant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crimson Shadow Guest

Exclamation Crimson's Rant

Alright, here is kind of a long rant (which could be covered in another thread, I'm not really sure because I'm only semi-active right now and haven't looked through other recent threads). Not really sure where this thread should fall into since it falls into suggestions, game, and community haha.

IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE, AT LEAST READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH!!!

Anyways, how many of you are starting to feel like playing this game is becoming a chore more than a game? I know that for me I'm basically logging on at the same time every day, playing turns, logging off. The game and community (which was the biggest thing the game has/had going for it) are both dead.

The game is predictable...Moradon wins the set with a bunch of sky states up there, same states play top 10-20 all set long, same states stock, same military unit horded. Can't really war to add excitement because there either aren't enough states to war and the FS wins or you run the risk of pushing others away by randomly warring them and "ruining their set." The community is dead too. I know its the summer months so things are almost always more quiet than they usually are, but we are averaging like 3 posts a day from a community that used to put out 20-30 a day even with dwindling numbers.

There is NO interaction with new members either. Every set there are new members in USA that play like half a set running mixed strats/armies then they just leave. No attempt was made to contact and/or help out the player (blame falls on me here too). Now maybe there has been with private messages, but back in the day (old WoW) there would have been FWed messages welcoming/encouraging and helping out the new player.

We have become too content with doing our own routines and the game has become stagnant, which is the biggest hindrance to our game. No gameplay update is going to bring in substantial members, it relies on US to make things exciting again. Try to think about this from a new player's mentality. You join the game, the market is bone dry, only the top 10 states numbers (NW) change, everyone else's numbers stays the exact same because they are stocking or not playing. There are no dead states to show that something is happening, just a bunch of boring, inactive ones.

This is what got me hooked to the game...I went over to my cousins house who logged into the game to check and make sure his state was still alive because his nation was at war. He also checked to see when the next strike was and who their target was. Then he logged off. That was all it took to let me see how awesome of a game this was. What do new members have to look forward to now? Watching someone play 100 turns and then bank their money? Or be impressed that they are in 17th place....until they find out that its out of 40 active states? Let's face it, there is no excitement in the game any more and there won't be as long as we keep our routines and don't have any wars. And that won't change until we get more members.

Pres, I love the new additions that you keep making to the game, but look at it rationally, these aren't going to bring in hundreds, or even tens of members. With the low player base noone is going change their routine. Everyone will keep doing the same predictable thing and the game will eventually die.

So what can we do about this?

First of all, what happened to all of the old players that just randomly left? When we first opened this (NW) up to estonians there were about 50 that played (only 10 remain). What happened to them? Where did the other common people go? The MAGGIOs, dbozmens, ooga boogs, Kenshins, Alis, Devils, etc. Or the people that used to show up every couple of sets and play then leave randomly for a few more: Legends, jameswheels, Vialis. Or what happened to the really old vets who haven't played since NW opened: The CurLys, gnorfs, Multi-182s, zionzeypher, etc. Has anyone tried contacting these people since NW opened?

Secondly, the only thing that can probably save this game is ADVERTISING. Let's face it, we have probably gone as far as we can with word of mouth. So why can't we try other ways of drawing people to us. Joining other forums just to make a post about Nation-Wars or making an account to send Private messages to other members about the game. Worst-case scenario is that you waste 5 minutes of your time and get banned from a game/forum that you never would have done anything with anyways.

I'm not trying to be over-critical, but its something that we are ALL doing and until it changes, the game never will no matter what changes Pres brings to the game.

So here is my challenge to EACH and EVERYONE of you, make an account in a random game and either make a post in their forums or PM a few of their members advertising the game to them. Say that big changes are coming and that the game is about to be relaunched (because it is when the new attacks come out). If you get banned, big deal...not like you were ever would have visited that website if it weren't for recruiting anyways.

Thanks for listening guys,
    -Crimson Shadow

PS - I have sent a message to all nation leaders regarding this thread to have them forward it throughout their respective nations. If you haven't gotten one in your nation then please spread the word to the other players in your nation so we can try to get as much awareness about this issue as possible.
    Last edited by Crimson Shadow; 06-20-2011 at 20:53.