Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crimson's Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    as to what totte said he is mostly right
    there is nothing in this game that i haven't accomplished at least 10 times over.
    i have shown i can net
    i have warred
    i have led the best nations

what really is left
    i stuck around in wow b/c i felt i owed svenn and b/c of the friends
    i play nw to help Mr P since i think he needs it and for the company. i play with my friends and we just kinda mess around
    we invited a 5 min a day strat that gives a top ten finish

i don't have it in me to completely train a guy from scratch and i dont think it would be fair to that player. i have done it too many times in the past and sunk too much of my life into the game. i am more than willing to take on anyone that has a basic understanding of the game and expand their knowledge and give them opportunities they haven;t had before.
    this set ragnar actually took us up on our offer to play in CR and he has said he will get his best finish ever by a wide margin.

i would be more than happy to teach anyone any aspect of the game. not to brag but i don't think there are many people if any that have my understanding or knowledge of the game (granted this is b/c i have way way more experience than anyone)
    Personally I would LOVE to have someone mentor me right. I'm still wrapping up in my head how the heck someone can get 200 mill in one set. (BTW Dogma, I have yet to say how appreciative I am that you taught me most of the true game where LoR failed.)

Another idea I thought of is maybe giving EVERY attack mode 2 turns at war...
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    Personally I would LOVE to have someone mentor me right. I'm still wrapping up in my head how the heck someone can get 200 mill in one set. (BTW Dogma, I have yet to say how appreciative I am that you taught me most of the true game where LoR failed.)

Another idea I thought of is maybe giving EVERY attack mode 2 turns at war...
    i would be more than willing to teach you HOWEVER when you are in my tag i ask/demand that you follow my rules
    no harmful ops or harmful attacks OUTSIDE of war or my specific permission...

i would be more than willing to teach you HOWEVER when you are in my tag i ask/demand that you follow my rules
    no harmful ops or harmful attacks OUTSIDE of war or my specific permission...
    Which tag is your tag next round?
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    Which tag is your tag next round?
    CR
    but we are still formulating plans for next set

CR
    but we are still formulating plans for next set
    Alright, see ya there...anywho, back on topic...
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

I'm here to have fun.

Just the way I like it.

i really want this game to succeed as so many have give so much to keep it going. (not me obviously) all i can do is play and try to not suck too bad
    There is no greater sin than apathy

I could mentor someone, but it would probably be only 1 person at a time- any more than that and I can't guarantee they'll have sufficient time from me to pick up everything. The plus side would be that one person gets to know the game inside and out.

I like the idea of adding land to inactives, you could definitely use that to make things look better, rather than one tier of high netters, another of middle of the road people, stockers, and finally the 1000 NW/100 land states.

A market bot could be helpful in sets where there's not a lot of indies going on, if only to do little sales here and there, mostly of the unused units- if you move to grouping upgrades, this could be useful since there's not many people producing missiles/bombers/tanks.

I think another vet related issue is that since no one really does MSN/AIM much these days, there's no incentive for people like me to log on. Back in those days I was always on because of this game, or because of my wife (back when we were still doing the distance thing). Now I need a reason to sign on, otherwise I'm lurking here all the time.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bright View Post
    I could mentor someone, but it would probably be only 1 person at a time- any more than that and I can't guarantee they'll have sufficient time from me to pick up everything. The plus side would be that one person gets to know the game inside and out.

I like the idea of adding land to inactives, you could definitely use that to make things look better, rather than one tier of high netters, another of middle of the road people, stockers, and finally the 1000 NW/100 land states.

A market bot could be helpful in sets where there's not a lot of indies going on, if only to do little sales here and there, mostly of the unused units- if you move to grouping upgrades, this could be useful since there's not many people producing missiles/bombers/tanks.

I think another vet related issue is that since no one really does MSN/AIM much these days, there's no incentive for people like me to log on. Back in those days I was always on because of this game, or because of my wife (back when we were still doing the distance thing). Now I need a reason to sign on, otherwise I'm lurking here all the time.
    pretty sure we still have a market bot that doubles everything except food that gets sold...

i agree on the msn/aim thing but if mr p got us a mirc server that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    We also added land to inactive states and after the 2nd week of inactivity it pulls them out of protection and allow them to be be attacked. (at random times so people can't sit and wait for grabs at the exact moment)
    Instead of messing with trying to make them come out at random times, how about just making it so that if you have 1,000,000 or more NW, you can't attack them at all, sort of like being placed in semi-protection mode!!
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!

Nice job!! All the inactive accounts are still there!! Once the inactive land bonus is added, then newbies can have a good start.
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!