Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Announcement from USA

Default Global Announcement from USA

Fellow world leaders,

In the past the United States held elections within our nation for office of the President of the United States. Our nation has a constitution that was enacted several years ago after our founding. We held elections for many years but after the fall of WoW and the birth of NW, our government bodies decided to cease elections to help create stability within the game and community. Starting next set, USA will once again be holding elections for the Presidents office.

With new leaders comes new ideas and new paths for our great nation. Our constitution will once again be fully enacted and each leader will be forced to follow certain rules that are outlined within this constitution. I am looking forward to see who will be stepping up to seek the office and the debates and challenges that go along with it.

Nations should not fear these elections, but embrace them. Through the years the USA has stood by and or helped many nations in the game today and even with possible new leadership I am sure these relationships will continue to grow. USA is a friend to many, a foe to few but a beacon of light to those just beginning.

Thank You,

Sincerely,
    Mr President

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

lord burch for secretary of foreign affairs?

this was a truly brilliant system and by far the most intriguing aspect of USA. I always loved that about ya'll!

for new players who aren't familiar with it. Elections are held for a number of positions and each position has a different role to fulfill, if you do a poor job they can vote someone else in, if you do a good job you can be re-elected. every state who joins has a voice, and every state in the nation can hold a position if they meet the criteria and win the election (i think each position has different requirements such as time in the nation and stuff like that).

you will have to contact mr. p or some other USA veteran for more information, but i stamp my approval on this, and i actually didn't know you had ever stopped!!!

you see we talk about adding governmental systems to this game as a choice when you make a nation, but really all these choices are already available to us all, it just takes peoples time and commitment to create.

i like to think of it as each nation being a different battle group from the book Enders Game. maybe some of you will understand that
    Disorder/Vindication-DAK-TWC-PX-SOUL-xELDx

Nation Wars-[SOUL]x2-[vT]x1-[GRIM]x1-[xELDx]x9-[ABT]x10-[ICN]x1-[bro]x1-[LOR]x6

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistCapitalism View Post
    lord burch for secretary of foreign affairs?
    no I don't think so...it'd be bad for everyone's health
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    this was a truly brilliant system and by far the most intriguing aspect of USA. I always loved that about ya'll!

for new players who aren't familiar with it. Elections are held for a number of positions and each position has a different role to fulfill, if you do a poor job they can vote someone else in, if you do a good job you can be re-elected. every state who joins has a voice, and every state in the nation can hold a position if they meet the criteria and win the election (i think each position has different requirements such as time in the nation and stuff like that).

you will have to contact mr. p or some other USA veteran for more information, but i stamp my approval on this, and i actually didn't know you had ever stopped!!!

you see we talk about adding governmental systems to this game as a choice when you make a nation, but really all these choices are already available to us all, it just takes peoples time and commitment to create.

i like to think of it as each nation being a different battle group from the book Enders Game. maybe some of you will understand that

I have played in a few nations like this. One was RIF that due to their system of selected leaders voting for a head of the alliance allowed many people to lead that hadn't done it and allowed vets to lead players they hadn't in a long time. I think it was the last nation to have me, totte, poo, aniara and chris all in it at the same time
    was awesome to see how the nation changed.
    one thing i liked that i am not sure USA does was that they elected for terms. since you can't really affect a nation every set we had 2 set terms but after the 2 sets you couldn't be incharge anymore. so there was always constant turnover and new developments.

i am looking forward to seeing the new leaders in USA

America- founded in 2003

Constitution of the United States Of America

This nation is set up as a democracy. It has 1 president and 1 Vice President.
    The President is the only member who can ask congress to go to war. In order
    for him to pass a bill or amend this constitution he must first seek the approval
    of the US Congress.

This constitution is the foundation of this nation. If any President fails to obey this constituton, he will be removed from power with the vote of impeachement. This is set up to live longer than any President will be in office and will only change if an amendment is made and the vote is passed by the congress. I keep a copy of
    this so i know that nobody can change it without permission. I update it each
    time it's updated...

The American Constitution

Current line of succession:

President- Mr President

Vice President- Ranger

Chief of Staff- Tnova

Sec of State- Dogma

Sec of Defense- Crimson Shadow

Sec of Homeland Security- B B

Bill of Rights-

As a member of the USA you have certain rights that we urge you to exercise.

A-You have the right to freedom of speech. (minus foul language)

B-You have the right to question your leaders.

C-You have the right to vote on all major issues in this nation.

D-You have the right to run your state anyway that you feel.

E-You will earn promotions for your service to this nation

F-You have the right to decline any request you feel is unlawful made by the
    President or commanding officer.

G-You have the right to leave and or join any other nation any time you want.

Code of Honor-

By accepting the invitation to be a US member there are certain rules you do
    have to follow.

A- If the President asks congress to vote on war, and in that vote you vote no
    but the majority still votes yes, you still have to help in the war.

B- If a turn rule is issued, you have to follow it as ordered.

C- You must participate in atleast 85% of the wars we have.

D- If you are given a order from your commanding officer you must follow it.
    If you feel it is the wrong order then you are to report this to his commanding
    officer.

E- You will not do illegal attacks outside of war times.

F- you are not allowed to hit the same target 3 times or more in a row (36 hr period)

Laws-

These are made up by the Executive branch and voted on by the
    congress.

1) No state shall have any power in the USA nation or forums unless he is
    a USA member. In the event that you are a USA member and leave to
    join another nation, you forfit all your rights and powers in the USA.

2) Only USA members can vote in the election and only USA members
    of 2 sets or more can run for President. In the event you are a normal
    USA member who leaves and then returns, your previous time played
    will be accounted for.

2b) A member must be in the USA to run for govt office. Terms of time
    are listed in section 2a

3) This nation is set up as a democracy, if at any time the President
    wishes to change it to a dictatorship then he must submit the bill
    to congress and gain 100% support from them. If one member votes
    no, then the bill is no longer. If all members agree then this constitution
    will be null and void, and a new one will be written.

Elections

A) Every 2 sets the USA has elections for the Presidents job. Any state who has been a member for 2 sets may run for this office. New Presidents are elected by the other members of the nation or said congress. Before accepting the position, the elected President must take and oath of office and swear to uphold it.

Executive Branch-

President
    Vice President
    Chief of Staff
    Sec of State
    Sec of Defense
    Dept of National Security

The President is the only position elected. he appoints his
    cabinet members as well as the Vice President.

National Security-

The only time the President has the power to bypass congress
    to go to war is if there is a immediate threat to national security and time is
    a major factor. After war is declared and the war is over, congress can then go back to investigate the the reason for war, and if it is proven that the President used this to gain any cause other than stated, he can be brought before a congressional hearing and or impeached.

War-

The President must ask congress for there support before any war declaration is made. It will come before congress in a poll, and then they will vote yes or no on the request from the president. The only time this section is bypassed is for national security issues only. The President must give congress atleast 48hrs to make there vote. The President can call an emergancy congress meeting if approval is needed faster.

National Security Breakdown-

The President truly believes that this nation will soon be attacked.

A member of the USA has been caught for being a spy and we must destroy the nation he is reporting to.

Each of these issues can be questioned by congress AFTER all the war issues are complete. We must wait till they are over so there is no major conflicts during the importance of battle.

Attacking for land-

The more land you have the better you do. But you have to obey certain national
    rules that apply.

-You CANNOT attack the same target more than 2 times in
    a row in a 36 hr period and this includes failed attacks.

- The only attack you can use for land is SA (standard attack)
    all other attacks KE AR AA GA are used for war time only.

The punishment for failure to obey these rules will be dibandment and or
    death to your state.

25th Amendment to the Constitution (1967)
    Passed by Congress July 6, 1965.
    Ratified February 10, 1967.
    Replaced part of Article II, section 1 of the Constitution, originally written in 1783.

Section 1.
    In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.

Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Amendments made to the constitution

In this section, you will see where amendments have been made to our
    constitution. In order for amendment to be made, the majority of congress
    must agree to a amendment order. We will begin our amendment #'s with
    the number 1 and move forard from that. If there is another part added to
    the original then it will become 1a and then on up with letters..

Amendment-1

June 16th 2005- Power to the President to Veto

This amendment allows the president to Veto any such bill he feels is unjust
    to become law.

Amendment-1a-

June 16th- Power to the congress to veto

This amendment allows congress to veto a Presidential veto. If the President
    veto's a bill and congress feels it was unjust they have the power to veto
    the Presidents veto and send the bill back to the polls to be voted on once
    again.

Amendment-2

Sept 26th 2005--4 sets before running for President

Amendment to the laws section 2a)
    A state must be a USA member for 4 sets before being able to run for
    President. Previous time served law still applies.

Amendment-3

Sept 27th 2005- Members rights to vote
    This Amendment gives all members the right to vote on congressional
    issues from the day they become a USA member.

Amendment-4

Sept 27th-2005- Power to the Govt
    This issues power to the elected officials to the US govt to be the only
    members of the USA to vote on Top Secret issues. This does not apply
    to normal congressional issues such as elections, taxes, wars, NA

Amendment-5

Sept 27th 2005- Presidential Terms
    This amendment by the US congress changes the terms a President is
    able to serve. His terms are 2 sets and able to run for re-election. If he
    wins then he is able to serve 2 more sets, but then is not allowed to run
    for office of the President for 4 sets.

Section B
    If the President serves 2 sets and loses re-election he is able to run again in the next election but may only serve his last 2 remaining sets before stepping out for 4 sets.

Section C.
    If the President invokes the 25th amendment of 1967 after only serving
    1 set then he is still able to resume his Presidency upon his return with
    the time gone not counting against him. The President can only invoke
    the 25th amendment for 1 set out of his term. If he is gone longer then he will
    forfit his position and the Vice President will act as President till the term expires.
    The Vice President must take the oath of office before he can become
    President.

Section D.
    The President may only invoke the 25th amendment of 1967 ONCE in his
    Presidency. This eliminates the possibility of him using the 25th to his
    advantage of extending his time in office. If the 25th is invoked then the
    total of one set will be added to his term in office.

Section E. Nov 20th 2005
    On a vote from the congress of the United States on Nov 19th 2005
    the terms of the President has been changed to him serving 4 sets
    and being allowed to run for re-election and if won, serving 4 more
    sets for a total of but no more than 8 sets.

Amendment 6

Sept 27th 2005-Reasons for invoking the 25th amendment of 1967

To assure that the President is serving his country with honesty, there has
    to be solid reasons to invoke the 25th. Some of the main reasons are:

-If there is a family emergancy

-If the President becomes ill

-If the President feels he can not provide the nation with 100% of his
    attention due to real life issues.

If the President needs to invoke the 25th amendment then he must
    write a letter to congress giving his reasons why he needs to step out.
    Upon receiving this letter the congress will hold a meeting to discuss
    the reasons and make a decission on if they are valid reasons. If not
    then the congress can vote for impeachent, and if passed the President
    will be outed from office and the Vice President will act as President for the
    remainder of the term.

Amendment 7

Sept 27th 2005-Impeachment

This is a vital part of this democracy. If the congress of the US feels that
    the President is not providing this nation with 100% of his job duties then
    they can take a vote on impeachment. If Impeached the President will be
    removed from office and the Vice President will act as President after taking
    the oath of office. If the Vice President denies the job then the Chief of
    Staff will assume the President role. Reasons for Impeachment are as
    followed:

- Abandonment- If the President takes a leave of absence for 3 days or more
    without written notice to the congress of the US then he will be removed from
    office.

- Invokes the 25th more than once

- Invokes the 25th for illegal reasons

- The congress of this nation feels that his leadership is so bad we need to
    remove him from office.

- The President breaks any of the laws provided in this constitution.

If the congress of the Unitd States asks and passes the vote of Impeachment
    they will empower Mr President to remove the President from office and
    assign all powers to the Vice President or next in line if the Vice President
    declines the job. If Mr President is the President and the congress votes to
    impeach him, he is ordered to hand all privs to the Vice President or next in
    line if the Vice President declines the job.

Amendment 8 Feb 2006 Temp ban on Elections

Due to major conflicts, the President has the power to invoke a temp
    ban on all elections. Said ban is only good for one year after the date
    it is issued. After the 1 year, the President must submit another report to
    congress seeking there approval for another temp ban. Congress will decide
    how long this ban will take place for.

Amendment 9

Jan 22 2007--Introduction of the US Senate

The US Senate is a 4 member group with one of the 4 being the Majority
    leader. The Majority leader speaks on behalf of the rest of the Senate
    as well as Congress. The US Congress votes who they want in the Senate
    and once in place, the Senate votes who they would like as the Majority
    Leader. Members of the Senate serve 2 terms. (2 sets) Members of the
    Senate can serve for as long as they are elected.

The Majority leader will sit in on the first 15 min of all Cabinet meetings to
    discuss changes the Congress and Senate would like made. The Majority
    leader is the highest ranking non Govt position in the United States.

In the case of a tie vote within the Senate, the Vice President will be the tie
    breaker, as he resides over the US Senate.

Like Congress, the Senate has the power to veto any bill the President passes
    and the President has the power to veto any bill the Senate passes. In this
    case, we would resort to Amendment-1a- June 16th- Power to the
    congress to veto

Amendment 10

Jan 2007-

A member must first serve as either a Cabinet member and or Majority
    leader before being able to run for President.
    This is our Constitution. As you can see it was written many years ago, but those founding principles are the foundation of our nation. Even though we did not hold elections for the past couple of years, our nation still followed this constitution.

Our Presidents can serve up to 4 consecutive sets before having to step down. They are able to be re-elected after 4 consecutive sets of being out of office but that has only happened to one member. (me )

I am still undecided if I will run to keep my current position. I guess it all depends on the competition. I always enjoyed our election process and watching a new leader take control of such a powerful nation within the game. New direction is nice but there are times when it can be bad as well. Our nation has only impeached one President, but it doesn't mean we won't do it again if needed.

Calvin74 Guest

i wanna know who has the time to write all that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    i wanna know who has the time to write all that stuff?
    Lol Yeah, somebody had nothing to do ;-)

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Missionary Guest

£5 says Mr.P wins

This was not all written in one setting. The main parts were drawn up in 2005 but as our congress changed and added new things over the years, it grew..