Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
this was a truly brilliant system and by far the most intriguing aspect of USA. I always loved that about ya'll!

for new players who aren't familiar with it. Elections are held for a number of positions and each position has a different role to fulfill, if you do a poor job they can vote someone else in, if you do a good job you can be re-elected. every state who joins has a voice, and every state in the nation can hold a position if they meet the criteria and win the election (i think each position has different requirements such as time in the nation and stuff like that).

you will have to contact mr. p or some other USA veteran for more information, but i stamp my approval on this, and i actually didn't know you had ever stopped!!!

you see we talk about adding governmental systems to this game as a choice when you make a nation, but really all these choices are already available to us all, it just takes peoples time and commitment to create.

i like to think of it as each nation being a different battle group from the book Enders Game. maybe some of you will understand that

I have played in a few nations like this. One was RIF that due to their system of selected leaders voting for a head of the alliance allowed many people to lead that hadn't done it and allowed vets to lead players they hadn't in a long time. I think it was the last nation to have me, totte, poo, aniara and chris all in it at the same time
was awesome to see how the nation changed.
one thing i liked that i am not sure USA does was that they elected for terms. since you can't really affect a nation every set we had 2 set terms but after the 2 sets you couldn't be incharge anymore. so there was always constant turnover and new developments.

i am looking forward to seeing the new leaders in USA