Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New player

Default New player

Some people I used to play another game with were playing here a while back, dont know if they are still around or not. No clue what I am doing, so I have just done what looks right meaning I have probable done everything wrong .

Welcome to Nation Wars... Don't worry about doing everything wrong right now, we all were new once too and though the game seems complicated it's actually pretty easy to learn but yet complicated to master

Feel free to post any questions you have. best thing you could do is find a nation and join up with them. They will help show you the ropes and get you started.

best of luck!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

While you are at it, you need to join USA real quick. That is the first rule for new players, in order to play, you must join USA. It is in the TOS somewhere I think.

Welcome to the Nut House...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    While you are at it, you need to join USA real quick. That is the first rule for new players, in order to play, you must join USA. It is in the TOS somewhere I think.

Welcome to the Nut House...
    Its actually right next to the rule that states you should disregard everything dogma says ^.^

welcome to the game. to be afraid to stay
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG

I ussually like to jump right in a game and learn as I go, but there are a few questions if you guys can answer them.

I see I have an income, but when does that income come in? I would assume it came in at the begining of every turn, but that does not seem to be the case as I have watched it closely.

I have also noticed I seem to get money when I build things? That seems like the opposite of what it should be , shouldnt it cost money for things? Perhaps I need to do somthing to refresh my page and make my money show up?

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zardozr View Post
    I ussually like to jump right in a game and learn as I go, but there are a few questions if you guys can answer them.

I see I have an income, but when does that income come in? I would assume it came in at the begining of every turn, but that does not seem to be the case as I have watched it closely.

I have also noticed I seem to get money when I build things? That seems like the opposite of what it should be , shouldnt it cost money for things? Perhaps I need to do somthing to refresh my page and make my money show up?
    you should get your income at the end of every turn
    also it is b/c your income per turn is still higher than the cost to build the buildings. this will change as the set goes on and you bpt (buildings per turn) goes up. it will cost you more than your income (unless you are a casher)

Isnt there a turn every 10 minutes? I have watched my money for many 10 minute turns in a row without it going up, then all the sudden it will jump up a lot more than what my income is.

Quote Originally Posted by zardozr View Post
    Some people I used to play another game with were playing here a while back, dont know if they are still around or not. No clue what I am doing, so I have just done what looks right meaning I have probable done everything wrong .
    About time zar! Welcome! (346/Reignarok)
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

I was looking for you Reig, was hoping you still played this =p

Now tell me how to Pwn at this game will ya.

You have to use a turn for income/expense/food to be calculated. None of it is automatic like in some turn based games.

Depending on what strategy you decide upon, you'll find that you cannot use any turns without having money and/or food going down to 0 (which is a red turn - you lose % of your cash/food/military).

If you play casher strategy, you'll build residential and commerical buildings. Your income will grow very quickly and soon you'll find that food is the limiting factor. You'll need to buy military units on the market.

For industrial, you build industrial zones. You produce military per turn used. You can adjust what types of military you wish to produce. Because units have expenses in both money and food, you'll need to sell a portion of these units on the public market to gain money to buy food. Always have enough money on hand when you're using turns. Both food and money is the limiting factor, so it may be harder to play than others if you forget.

For farmer, you build farming zones. You produce food per turn used. You sell food on the public market and with the money you can buy military and keep some on hand to use turns for expense. Money is the limiting factor.

Build science buildings to produce technology. You sell this on the public market and nations will buy it using their nation bank. With the money you buy food/military and keep some on hand for expense. Both food and money is the limiting factor. Because most nations only buy technology for the first half of the round, its advised you convert to a different strategy halfway through or you'll find all your tech sitting there and no one buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]