Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: July 4th 1776-Aug. 2nd 2011

Default July 4th 1776-Aug. 2nd 2011

It was a good run America. I may be naive and misinformed but looks like there wont be a deal within the week and if there is i hear they will most likely downgrade our credit anyway.

Its just sick how Republicans are using the stupidity of average voters to hold America hostage just so they can regain the presidents office in 2012. I only can only pray that people see it for what is really happening.
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG

The whole world will be screwed if the US defaults. Obama should simply force through a democrat plan that the republicans hate (big tax hikes on the rich) with an executive order.

I think they'll make a deal at the very last minute.

I agree, it will be a last minute deal.
    That way they can all puff out their chests and say
    "we did it"
    So much drama and its all political

thats USA.. not Italy or Greece.. whole world would suffer if they fail
    SRS

wow (2003-2007):
    USSR - LOTR - NTN - LoR - WLF

nw:
    WLF - USSR - SV - ICN - LoR - SKY - CR

Long Live the Nation
    Long Live USSR

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmcjoey15 View Post
    Its just sick how Republicans are using the stupidity of average voters to hold America hostage just so they can regain the presidents office in 2012. I only can only pray that people see it for what is really happening.
    Um how about years and years of Republicans and Democrats foolishly spending more than we have on wars and welfare and everything else that should have been under control years before. This has to end sometime. We can't keep raising the ceiling so we can keep spending more of what we don't have.

Americans need to wake up and stop worrying about their **** Iphones and everything else they feel they are ENTITLED to have. We need to stop electing freaking idiots and elect people who are the best choice and not just the lessor or two evils. THEN after they are elected, hold them to their word! We need to stop Presidential donations as all that creates is "you owe me" attitude. And another main thing that needs to be done is, we need to make the 51% who don't pay taxes, start paying.

Enough is enough and when the hell is people going to wake up. It's always easy to sit back and blame it on the politicians but last time I checked, we are the ones who vote them in. If you want change it starts with you!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Also, it is not the end of America.. There will be a deal that is made. Aug 2nd is a fictitious deadline set so the news would have something to talk about 24hrs a freaking day.. We will not default on our loans and a deal will be made.

My hope is people really pay attention to what is happening and really start pushing for a change.. If not then it's only a matter of time till we do fail and can't pay for the loans.. Won't be long and we'll be at 25 Trillion, 30 Trillion ect ect.. Stop raising the ceiling and make these bastards accountable. It's not like I can call my credit card company and say well i think I will raise my limit to 150k today.. Why should the Govt be able to?

how would you cut the deficit then pres?

totte Guest

taxes! simple idea for a new and fair sort of tax tax system you say for example minimum 30% tax for everyone of course increseing the more you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Um how about years and years of Republicans and Democrats foolishly spending more than we have on wars and welfare and everything else that should have been under control years before. This has to end sometime. We can't keep raising the ceiling so we can keep spending more of what we don't have.

Americans need to wake up and stop worrying about their **** Iphones and everything else they feel they are ENTITLED to have. We need to stop electing freaking idiots and elect people who are the best choice and not just the lessor or two evils. THEN after they are elected, hold them to their word! We need to stop Presidential donations as all that creates is "you owe me" attitude. And another main thing that needs to be done is, we need to make the 51% who don't pay taxes, start paying.

Enough is enough and when the hell is people going to wake up. It's always easy to sit back and blame it on the politicians but last time I checked, we are the ones who vote them in. If you want change it starts with you!
    Lol pretty sure it was Republicans who voted for multi trillion dollar wars that were still stuck in not Democrats but mmkay.

And i voted to keep a Dem. led House so ive done my part.
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    how would you cut the deficit then pres?
    There are several things I would do and when I get home tonight I'll make a detailed post of a few of them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmcjoey15 View Post
    Lol pretty sure it was Republicans who voted for multi trillion dollar wars that were still stuck in not Democrats but mmkay.

And i voted to keep a Dem. led House so ive done my part.
    This is one things I'm saying... Everyone wants to blame everyone else. When does it stop? When do people say enough of the political BS, we don't care who is to blame as we ALL are to blame but let's start making smart decisions and get us back on track.

We can't fix this all over night, but we can be making better choices that in time, will get us out of this and make our country stronger. Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats with spending habits.