Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: July 4th 1776-Aug. 2nd 2011

Also, I'm fine with raising the ceiling.. But until we start catching up on our bills why should we continue to raise it and spend more?

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmcjoey15 View Post
    It was a good run America. I may be naive and misinformed but looks like there wont be a deal within the week and if there is i hear they will most likely downgrade our credit anyway.

Its just sick how Republicans are using the stupidity of average voters to hold America hostage just so they can regain the presidents office in 2012. I only can only pray that people see it for what is really happening.
    i am sick of how the dems are using the old and vets for their own ends. the truth is, if no ceiling raise, we still have enough capital coming in to pay for SS, vets benefits etc, just not all the pork. why increase taxes on the rich when they already pay 80% of the taxes now. how many here have received a tax REFUND? how many of Americans are on welfare, ss etc? i know of people who make 6k a year, have a few kids and get 5-10 times BACK more than they payed in.

why should we give more tax money until the GOVT learns how to spend what they have now responsibly?

the Dems- give us more money so we can blow it faster. Obama's plan for the US is nearly complete. get ready, boys and girls, the end is nigh if the right caves in and allows the puppet in chief to win this fiscal battle. personally, i have plenty of ammo when the whole thing blows up. if things stay on the current course, IT WILL BLOW UP
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2112 View Post
    i am sick of how the dems are using the old and vets for their own ends. the truth is, if no ceiling raise, we still have enough capital coming in to pay for SS, vets benefits etc, just not all the pork. why increase taxes on the rich when they already pay 80% of the taxes now. how many here have received a tax REFUND? how many of Americans are on welfare, ss etc? i know of people who make 6k a year, have a few kids and get 5-10 times BACK more than they payed in.

why should we give more tax money until the GOVT learns how to spend what they have now responsibly?

the Dems- give us more money so we can blow it faster. Obama's plan for the US is nearly complete. get ready, boys and girls, the end is nigh if the right caves in and allows the puppet in chief to win this fiscal battle. personally, i have plenty of ammo when the whole thing blows up. if things stay on the current course, IT WILL BLOW UP
    Have you seen what Republican Paul Ryan wants to do to cut Medicare and Medicade? You say the Dems are the ones using the elderly is just a sick joke. The whole plan for Republicans is to cut cut cut. Im sorry but that may have worked in your day but the worlds a different place now.

And you say not enough for the "pork" it sounds like you dont even know what else they are spending money on. And you talk about the people who make 6k a year that get back 5-10 times what they put in you have to realize that thats 5-10 times is included in their 6k a year, they anent making 30-60k a year when they should be making 6k.. they use the money from things like food stamps to make up that 6k.

Obama comes into the white house After 8 years and Trillions of dollars spent on a war without anything done to make up for the money that the war was costing. Instead Bush says hey wealthy have a tax cut what do we need revenue for? not this trillion dollar war.

Furthermore the previous president who did nothing to regulate trade and lending let the bank get in over their heads. So what does Obama HAVE to do? spend money to bail out the mess Bush left behind.

And you talk about spending money responsibly? A Health Care Reform that gives millions of Americans affordable health care, and a bail out that saved the US economy from a disaster worse than the great depression is not responsible but a decade long war with no clear objective (unitll obama) that costs trillions of dollars is responsible spending? I cant say i see your logic there.

And the sad fact of the matter is that Corporations dont pay taxes. The top 1% of Americans hold almost 40% of all the wealth in America. So to not raise taxes at least back to what they were during Clintons presidency (cough when we had a surplus in revenue) is an attack on the middle class. If the top 1% of wealthy people in america put all their money together they could: completely remove Americas debt, Buy a 16k dollar car for every family in america, and pay the mortgage on every home in america FOR 14 Months. You say its unfair to take money from the rich but you want to cut programs that help the poor and disabled is that fair to you?

“Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment?"-Ronald Reagan

The Republican party has been far to corrupted by wealth and power. When you have a party thats #1 goal is to make the president a 1 term president they are failing the duty to the real #1 The United States of America.

And @ Mr. President.

I think that Gov. spending is a very misunderstood concept. People see the Gov. spending money and they automatically think that the money they spend doesnt help them. Which could be farther from the truth. With a few exceptions the money most administrations apart from Bush the 2nd have all been used to better america. But we get to the problem of a muti trillion dollar war and a lack of regulations in the lending markets that all of a sudden tax payers are seeing their money go straight to banks and other organizations and they say hey why are they getting my money. So to think that Gov. spending needs to stop is ridiculous. We just need to give it time to settle out after 8 years of fiscal stupidity. And raising the debt ceiling is nothing new or special its just a ploy to get the president out of office. And let me tell you, its alot easier to put a face on blame (Obama) than the many Republicans of the House of Representatives.
    Last edited by Mrmcjoey15; 07-27-2011 at 17:16.
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG

Have you seen what Republican Paul Ryan wants to do to cut Medicare and Medicade? You say the Dems are the ones using the elderly is just a sick joke. The whole plan for Republicans is to cut cut cut. Im sorry but that may have worked in your day but the worlds a different place now.

And you say not enough for the "pork" it sounds like you dont even know what else they are spending money on. And you talk about the people who make 6k a year that get back 5-10 times what they put in you have to realize that thats 5-10 times is included in their 6k a year, they anent making 30-60k a year when they should be making 6k.. they use the money from things like food stamps to make up that 6k.

Obama comes into the white house After 8 years and Trillions of dollars spent on a war without anything done to make up for the money that the war was costing. Instead Bush says hey wealthy have a tax cut what do we need revenue for? not this trillion dollar war.

Furthermore the previous president who did nothing to regulate trade and lending let the bank get in over their heads. So what does Obama HAVE to do? spend money to bail out the mess Bush left behind.

And you talk about spending money responsibly? A Health Care Reform that gives millions of Americans affordable health care, and a bail out that saved the US economy from a disaster worse than the great depression is not responsible but a decade long war with no clear objective (unitll obama) that costs trillions of dollars is responsible spending? I cant say i see your logic there.

And the sad fact of the matter is that Corporations dont pay taxes. The top 1% of Americans hold almost 40% of all the wealth in America. So to not raise taxes at least back to what they were during Clintons presidency (cough when we had a surplus in revenue) is an attack on the middle class. If the top 1% of wealthy people in america put all their money together they could: completely remove Americas debt, Buy a 16k dollar car for every family in america, and pay the mortgage on every home in america FOR 14 Months. You say its unfair to take money from the rich but you want to cut programs that help the poor and disabled is that fair to you?

“Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment?"-Ronald Reagan

The Republican party has been far to corrupted by wealth and power. When you have a party thats #1 goal is to make the president a 1 term president they are failing the duty to the real #1 The United States of America.

And @ Mr. President.

I think that Gov. spending is a very misunderstood concept. People see the Gov. spending money and they automatically think that the money they spend doesnt help them. Which could be farther from the truth. With a few exceptions the money most administrations apart from Bush the 2nd have all been used to better america. But we get to the problem of a muti trillion dollar war and a lack of regulations in the lending markets that all of a sudden tax payers are seeing their money go straight to banks and other organizations and they say hey why are they getting my money. So to think that Gov. spending needs to stop is ridiculous. We just need to give it time to settle out after 8 years of fiscal stupidity. And raising the debt ceiling is nothing new or special its just a ploy to get the president out of office. And let me tell you, its alot easier to put a face on blame (Obama) than the many Republicans of the House of Representatives.
    bush 2 had dem controlled house and senate and what is trying to be accomplished in reference to budget, should have been done PRIOR to the 2010 elections.
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Its just sick how Republicans are using the stupidity of average voters to hold America hostage just so they can regain the presidents office in 2012. I only can only pray that people see it for what is really happening.
    LOL, you really believe that don't you? Good job buying into talking points they put out on the news. Remove the word "Republicans" and replace it with "Democrats" and now you have the argument from the other side. What's the point?

Both sides are screwed up and it's as simple as that. We elect these people it's our fault. Stop voting these idiots into office. Better yet, educate yourself to fully understand both sides of the issue rather than just promulgating a conspiracy. Cast your vote based on facts and not the (R) or (D) next to their names.

Quote Originally Posted by totte View Post
    taxes! simple idea for a new and fair sort of tax tax system you say for example minimum 30% tax for everyone of course increseing the more you make.
    A flat tax system based on consumption and not income would fix the issue. (Tax what we spend not what we make.) It's simpler and would cut back on the IRS as it is extremely easy to enforce. Not to mention balanced across all income levels. In simpler terms it's a national sales tax. Some studies suggest a 10% to 13% rate would work well.

A study recently conducted shows that if you taxed every single American 100% of their income it would take more than two years to pay off out debt.

And @ Mr. President.

Again your proving my point.. You don't care about the truth unless the Republicans are to blame for it. BOTH sides have spent more than they should have. Of course the Govt has to spend money, but does it have to spend more then it takes in? Do you do this? Can you get away with this?

And since when is it the Govt job to spend money to help me out? This is where this country started to go wrong. Somewhere along the line people began to think it's the Govt job to take care of them. Our tax system needs to be redone. The current way with the 1% of rich people supporting 40% of the rest really needs to stop.

The wars have not helped us financially.. But I'm pretty sure your party voted the same way my party did.. And don't give me this crap about lying to get the votes.. both parties saw the intelligent reports and both felt there was wmd's. But what about Libya? Where is the funds coming for that? At least Bush got congress approval before going to war..

Listen, I'm not pro bush nor am I anti Obama.. I'm an American who is stuck in the middle of bull**** politics and I'm sick of it. I really don't understand how there are some who are not sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    A study recently conducted shows that if you taxed every single American 100% of their income it would take more than two years to pay off out debt.
    heard this on Fox news this morning

and here i thought we have the most worst economy in the world.. is the US that ****ed-up now?
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

Quote Originally Posted by kitoy View Post
    and here i thought we have the most worst economy in the world.. is the US that ****ed-up now?
    Its pretty dismal.

Pres is right the two party system is starting to fail us. to busy worrying about re-elections and not about the country.
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG