Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Set

I like the pictures.. It adds a little color to the game. And to answer your question no I can't make a separate theme that doesn't have pics.. So we either keep them or you get everyone else to agree to remove them and I will

However, I would like some suggestions on the menu.. How can we shrink it? Do we add links on other pages? Like when you go to the main screen there are a few links at the top like the help menu ect ect.. Please list some ideas and I will be more than happy to work on it.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

well you know how the server is set up. in the top layer of the server we install wordpress or some other website CMS. We put alot of the blobity blah content on that level. Then you log into the game and now we are in the "game" folder. Here we only have game action items. attack, build, yada yada. and ovcourse we have the "forum" folder. Ill dig in a bit more shortly

I use to love the two screen login option. The first screen had all the information and then after you clicked play, you got nothing but game controls. WoW use to have it where it showed server info and stuff. We did that here in the beginning and people complained and wanted to just go to the game.. I think if we combine a few things that will help a lot. Like having the destroy link at the top or bottom of the build page. Getting rid of the GDN and TDN as nobody uses them anymore. Basically just cleaning it up some.

I crunched the numbers and you can email me at johnmaggio@msn.com and i will email you back the excell chart, but here it is. I poored through millions of page views for 2011 and this is what I got. I have your email but dont know which one you want me to send it too.

Take Action covers +/- 60% of the page views
    Your State covers +/- 24% of the page views
    Your Nation covers +/- 10% of the page views
    The World covers +/- 6% of the page views

went from 46 to 35 links. I have notes on what to do with each link.

I think the part you will not be happy with is that many of the features you spent countless hours on and are really cool concepts get EXTREMELY little viewership

Take Action
    Attack
    Refuel
    All State Scores
    State Search
    Build
    Destroy
    Expand
    Spy
    Cash Turns
    Research Turns
    Your State
    Your Overview
    Home News
    Bank
    Publick Market
    Black Market
    Tax and production
    Upgrades
    Saved Intels
    Your Nation
    Nation Scores
    Global News
    Join/Create
    Local News
    Members
    Nation Forums
    Headquarters
    Nation Cbox
    Recruitment
    The World
    Global Events
    Global Overview
    Account
    Preferences
    Chatbox
    Bonus turns
    Change State
    Forums
    Log Out

this new forum theme is the best one yet. The new game theme matches pretty good. The new website or home page should match. TAKE ALL OTHER THEMES DOWN! You have a brand and it all must match. They will get over it trust me, and new people wont even know the difference.

1. change admin announcements to Announcements and put it first.

2. Merge Gaming and Spam Forum with General and put General Second. Public polls is split up into spam, game and gen, but I would merge it with Gen.

3. Leave introduce yourself its popular and make it 3rd.

4. Merge HoV, P Recruit, N Recruit, Strat Board, and W&R with Nation Wars Discussion and make it 4th.

5. Make Suggestions 5th

6. Change Forum H&B to Support and make is 6th.

Reduce the three main cats to one cat, and call it a day.

So it will be 1 category, 6 sections, 4500 threads, and 73000 posts

what we are really really lacking is a good graphic artist that can design bad *** game images. Designing images is not my strong point. Like the image in the header of the forums for example. I could not do it, but many graphic artist would think its a walk in the park. We have never really had a kick *** website because we have never really had a graphic artist to help on a professional quality level.

Pretty Pretty Please

on the spy screen and attack screen pleeeease put on that page what each attack is and what it does and what units do what etc...

and FOR GOD SAKES MAN reduce the number of spy ops. Combine the intel ones into one or two super ops, and then list out the offensive ops by definition on that page.

First thing a new guy wants to do is push buttons and see what does what. You coudl save alot of lives by just explaining on that page so Calvin and Max (jokes) dont get their panties in a bunch.

Nice Suggestions Maggio.. Thank you.

I like this thread its like the WWMD thread all around good stuff keep up the good work gentelman
    [A] [SOUL] [WLF]x3 [TNG]x7 [LoR]x3 [XF]x2 [TNG] Currently owning in: TNG