Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UN food package

Default UN food package

USA has proposed the UN to send 500.000.000 Food in an Aid Package to America[USA] Comments - I believe all UN Nations should receive a food package to help ease the food shortage. We must take a stand on farming nations who feel the need to starve everyone till the very end.

This has been approved as we only needed 3/4 of the members to vote yes. All it takes now is the UN General to approve the vote to release the food. Let this be known to nations hording food. The UN will step in and offer relief if you continue to horde your food.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I NEED FOOD :-), so vote yes!

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

UN is over powered... I demand it to be nerfed!

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

UN is silly. Any in-game power that is led by the main admin of the game that can do things like this is ridiculous.

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    UN is over powered... I demand it to be nerfed!
    working on that devil

Calvin74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nat22 View Post
    UN is silly. Any in-game power that is led by the main admin of the game that can do things like this is ridiculous.

i will point out that time and time again Mr P has tried to not be the UN general but no one else has stepped up yet. Also this game is too small to stand on that basis and Mr P has never shown any ingame favortism AS an admin.

Also let me point out that I have time and time again tried to get people involved. The UN costs nothing to join. You don't have to do anything except occasionally cast a vote but nobody can be bothered to join it. If you don't like how the votes turn out but do nothing to change them then you can't complain. I made a post about next set and the only person who replied was Maggio.. One of our most least active members, but yet took the time to reply.

As for the UN, I nerfed it already. Before there was an unlimited amount of food you could request and if people approved it, they got it. If you don't like how something is set up then you need to be active about changing it.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin74 View Post
    i will point out that time and time again Mr P has tried to not be the UN general but no one else has stepped up yet.
    Admittedly I've not been back playing too long so I can't comment on this as I've not been about. But what I do know is that it hasn't been open for anyone to take it on in the last few sets. I seem to remember Lord Burch brought it up but was told by Mr. P that for now he would stay as head of it whilst changes were made to it? May be wrong but I think that's what was said....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Also let me point out that I have time and time again tried to get people involved. The UN costs nothing to join. You don't have to do anything except occasionally cast a vote but nobody can be bothered to join it.
    Does the fact that nobody can be bothered to join it, show that maybe it either needs to be altered or removed. Maybe change the way it is run eg heading it up or even just scrap having someone as UN general and just have it so every leader of nations that are apart of it share the responsibility. I don't know because I've not lead a nation since it's been in place and the nations I have been haven't really joined it, so obviously I can't give a further in sight as to how I personally would change it. But if there is a lack of interest in it, surely it either needs to be changed or removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    If you don't like how the votes turn out but do nothing to change them then you can't complain. I made a post about next set and the only person who replied was Maggio.. One of our most least active members, but yet took the time to reply.

As for the UN, I nerfed it already. Before there was an unlimited amount of food you could request and if people approved it, they got it. If you don't like how something is set up then you need to be active about changing it.
    The main reason I personally haven't been active in trying to change it is because honestly I don't understand why the concept of the UN is needed in the game but yet know that even if I voiced this, due to past experiences, I will be told to give it time. I took the time to read all of what MAGGIO posted and a lot of it made sense. Especially the fact that a lot of the game has become convoluted. Things perhaps need to be removed to help make things be more simple. I do like certain concepts that have been added to the game, such as what was implemented last set with keeping inactives in the games but adding land etc to them to make them viable targets for small players. However, other things such as Missiles and the new attacks have made the game confusing and more complex than they need to be. Now this may be seen as someone who was used to how things were, returning and complaining at new things that have been added and not giving them a good go, but I am only giving an opinion that you have asked for in order to improve the game. I've not given as many of my ideas lately due to the fact that the ones that I have posted in "Suggestions" since I've been back have been largely over-looked with very little comment apart from the others presenting ideas, who also get little feedback. I realise you are busy but when you've told me via in-game message that if I've got an idea about the market then to post it, I do but then get no response from it, kinda feels like I've wasted my time.

Calvin74 Guest

whether you like the UN or not (and i don't at all) has nothing to do with your comment. Mr P works his butt off for this game and little comments like yours are very degrading. yes there has been open voting for UN general in the past. not the entire time but it doesn't seem like there has been a UN general the whole time there has been a UN. also never take what LB says as fact. I don't even think he believes what he says most the time...

my whole point is that Mr P is a very neutral party and he hasn't done anything for you to even think he shows bias in the game. also all he did is start the poll for his tag. anyone in the UN can do that. his actions as UN general don't really impact anything till it has been passed through the UN in which case he should pass it since it has already been voted up....

and to show my neutrality CR didn't ask for any food nor did we vote to approve any food loans. i think this idea cheapens the game and hurts already weak strats

Calvin, I have never said Mr P doesn't work his butt off for the game. I have the upmost respect for everything Mr P does for this game and the community. I didn't mean anything that I said to be degrading to him and if he feels that way then that is for him to decide and tell me and I will happily apologise because that is not how I meant it to come across.

My "little comments" as you described them were purely feedback as to how I personally view this aspect of the game and to explain why I don't publish my ideas any more. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?