Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Communist

I have a comment on this but no time, I will make my comments later

Ok, I was work, now I`m home.

How is ComCaps judgment reasonable? So everyone who gets outrun netting has a fair chance and an obligation to suicide the one who is better then him? Hmm, makes sense, but just 95% of all people who ever played WoW/NW think the other way around. But ok, ComCap is right, cuz, hell, it`s him and he gotta be right! Right?

2nd, USA is to be disbanded, because it`s unfair for one nation to have such a good recruitment policy and loyal members, so they should all leave and make their own nations, so we can all play on one man tags and really 'test the power'. Then we can ban 2 man tags or cooping as soon as someone does it, because, hell it`s unfair for 2 people to gangbang 1 person!

3rd players older then 2 years must be forced to quit, because it`s game destroying for experience player to be better then new players. new players should be given the chance to win on the 2nd set, at least. To be strict, players over 1 year can only play half their turns, players over 6 month, 3/4 of their turns. A player may be allowed to play past the 2nd year if he only plays the bonus turns. perfectly reasonable and just.

4th we should grant everyone who wants an automatic victory, so players like ComCap don`t have to spend time, energy and can win by just wishing so, because if you wish strong enough it has to come true! ComCap as a pioneer of this idea should be granted automatic vistor every set from now until he decides to nominate someone else for the victory!

I believe all the points made are reasonable and true, and everyone should oblige to them and execute as standard procedure! Much appreciated!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

You are so right max, you know what, i really like the way the game is heading, lets not make any changes, this atmosphere has proved to be a really suitable environment for new players or even old players to come back and play. I'd say the forums has become a private group of about 10-15 people and of the 50-60 people who use their turns on a daily basis, i'd estimate at least half are expand-builds. So you know what, excuse me for trying to breathe some life, instill some change, because honestly what we have going for us now just isn't fitting the bill. Our growth is like the american economy, anemic and unsupported, because we are not addressing the core issues that I believe poison the game and are more focused on covering them up with makeup by only adding small trivial pieces of garnish to the game.

I'll go right ahead and say that I think the adjustment to the bank cap is going to instill a really boring new nation-wars that has too many players stocking for too long during a set. To anyone who has played earth-empires and knows that there is no bank feature, do you really think that an even larger bank is necessary? I think that the best part of this game is the thrill of the chase, the first few days when people are trying to secure a spot at the top and then utilize it for the rest of the set while others try to take them down.

Honestly max, you may not like my ideas that i've put forth in various threads and i'm ok with that, I respect your opinion, I just wish you had an opinion other then keep everything the way it is. I am under the opinion that the status quo in this game is suffocating and choking the little bit of life that we have left in this game. Do any of you realize that had I not stirred up some commotion, the forums would have continued to be absurdly dead? Look at how many posts mr p's post on the changelog for next set, 5 posts 2 days after it was made, and in it contains the "much hyped" bank cap. People really care! I would look at the forums and think it is like a vacant boom town in the wild west. What once was great has moved on to other games because people in the community don't take the time to post on the forums, and when they do, people like you are just rude, obnoxious, and unproductive.
    Last edited by CommunistCapitalism; 08-31-2011 at 13:55.

I have never been awsome enough to fight for 1st place or even 10th place. If I was 11th, I think I would AA 10th so i could get a top 10 finish. Is that bad?

I know that is a little off topic, but it just seems silly to "out net" someone when you clearly have bombs and missles to help out.

we`ll talk after you play a year being suicided every set for the luls of it. I wonder how would ComCap talk is he would`ve been AAed by Mr P out of top 10!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    we`ll talk after you play a year being suicided every set for the luls of it. I wonder how would ComCap talk is he would`ve been AAed by Mr P out of top 10!
    You make it sound like this is a big deal to get into the top ten now. Again, you fail to read my posts or my points, and continue to demagogue me to to death, you're pathetic, stop trolling on forums and don't post unless you have something valuable to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistCapitalism View Post
    don't post unless you have something valuable to say.
    I point you in the direction of your post in Maggio's thread about nation size.... You looked, didn't see what YOU wanted so posted that it wasn't what you wanted.... very valuable!

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistCapitalism View Post
    You make it sound like this is a big deal to get into the top ten now. Again, you fail to read my posts or my points, and continue to demagogue me to to death, you're pathetic, stop trolling on forums and don't post unless you have something valuable to say.
    There`s no point to your posts - you got beat, you lost, Mr P still won, get over it, live on! Don`t be spoiled little brat and start a freaking revolution, cuz people have tried and the game hasn`t changed. Move on
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Alright, i'll move on from the game, good luck max, you're right, people have tried, the game hasn't changed, and that is the problem. The game has lost its luster, sadly I think a good number of people play out of a sense of obligation not because it is fun anymore. All i know is you're right, and i'm gone, good bye and good day.

The game has lost its luster, sadly I think a good number of people play out of a sense of obligation
    I agree 100% with this comment. But I would assume that it's the same way with any game. People find a game that fits them as well as a good community that they feel part of and they stay on out of obligation.

One thing I would like to point out though, Suiciding is and always will be what brings the game down. You spend countless hours reaching for the top only to be knocked off cause someone went 100% one unit and removed you. Most can handle war cause they can fight back, but a sucide is very demoralizing to a player and they just leave... You can make all the suggestions you want and I'll listen and try to improve the game with them, but anytime anyone tries to justify suiciding, I'll quit listening. It will never help them game no matter how we try to paint the picture.

Most of our vets are gone cause they grew up and life took over. Younger generations don't like turn based games as they don't have graphics. There is still a call for these kinds of games and they are still fun to play, but we will never have 3k members again.. So why do we continue to speak like we will? Stop making it sound like the game is going down and lost it's luster and unless people can just suicide nobody will want to play... not true! Someone who works hard and achieves the goals he's looking for will stick around a long time and have more interest in the game. A suicider gets bored after a couple sets of ruining peoples fun and then leaves.. People who work hard and win the challenges stick around.

Also, there has been more changes in the last year to this game then in it's lifetime. Some changes have worked while others have not. We don't know till we try.. Same with the bank limit. I'm not fond of it, but others are and I'm willing to give it a try.. if it fails then we'll remove it.. But we at least have to try.

There are lots of things we can still do to make the game more fun. The biggest thing is getting the people involved in the community. Easier than it sounds. Nobody wants to post on the forums anymore. I am planning on working on making it so nations get a private part of these forums and do away with the ingame forums. If we can get them to come on here and post for there nation, then they will more likely want to post on the regular forums as well. Nation leaders really need to try to get communication flowing among their nations. Again easier said then done.

We are a work in progress.. Sometimes we make great strides, other times we fall back some.. It happens! But anything to do with suiciding will always be mega steps back!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"