Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WLF VS TNS

Default WLF VS TNS

I just noticed this. Is this a retal or an all out war?
    There is no greater sin than apathy

Just a retal.

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Quote Originally Posted by DBozMen View Post
    Just a retal.
    ive been AFK for the last few days my store is getting a renovation so the hours have been odd.

I hope dude doesnt quit. it was only his second set. killing him was a bit extreme. sorry I was unable to be available for better negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    ive been AFK for the last few days my store is getting a renovation so the hours have been odd.

I hope dude doesnt quit. it was only his second set. killing him was a bit extreme. sorry I was unable to be available for better negotiations.
    I didn't knew he was new, but he should learn that every action causes a reaction.

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

he was told about illegal attacks prior too the incedent so I am sure he knew he messed up. I would called this cased closed, and Ill hit you back if I need anything concerning this matter. After Calvin ruined fanoe and my set we have been lax on logging in.

Not looking to cause any drama but this is an honest question. Don't new players have the 'N' next to their name for several sets? So if he was "new" as you claim he would have an N showing. Maybe he was signed up for longer and just only really played for 2 sets? That could be I don't know I just wasn't sure on that marked new player symbol and how that's coded.

Not pointing you out specifically, I just see nation leaders use the new player excuse a lot and I always feel they are exaggerating. I feel like the game has 15 new players every set, and for a 40 player base that doesn't add up for me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ooga booga View Post
    Not looking to cause any drama but this is an honest question. Don't new players have the 'N' next to their name for several sets? So if he was "new" as you claim he would have an N showing. Maybe he was signed up for longer and just only really played for 2 sets? That could be I don't know I just wasn't sure on that marked new player symbol and how that's coded.

Not pointing you out specifically, I just see nation leaders use the new player excuse a lot and I always feel they are exaggerating. I feel like the game has 15 new players every set, and for a 40 player base that doesn't add up for me, haha.
    I think the N is there for 1 set?

Last set I got him to join my nation and showed him how to run a strat and seemed to be getting it pretty good. He may have played before that I am not 100% sure of exactly how long he has played. He didnt seem to get the full understanding of the LG rules. He got pissed off because he thought he was getting attacked too many times by another state. Instead of coming to me, or fanoe to deal with it, he acted on his own. I was unable to keep up on the negotiations between WLF and TNS so understandably WLF took their retal.

Last set I got him to join my nation and showed him how to run a strat and seemed to be getting it pretty good. He may have played before that I am not 100% sure of exactly how long he has played. He didnt seem to get the full understanding of the LG rules. He got pissed off because he thought he was getting attacked too many times by another state. Instead of coming to me, or fanoe to deal with it, he acted on his own. I was unable to keep up on the negotiations between WLF and TNS so understandably WLF took their retal.
    Yeah that's understandable. Well hopefully he'll come back and look to make a name for himself next set! More players the merrier. I know the concept of getting attacked and the whole rules is probably confusing for new players. It takes a little adjusting to get use to.

It seems more than in the past new members are complaining about being attacked to often. When they are new they don't understand that LG is part of the game, they think they are getting attacked and must defend themselves. Even when other members and leaders tell them it's part of the game, it's like they think we are feeding them lines or something.

Perhaps we make it so new members can only be attacked 1 per 24hrs? Or maybe we just leave it alone, but I will contest that it's getting harder to convince them that it's part of the game.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

With an "N" in the other section, 1 per 24 isn't bad, but maybe also turning off attacks other then SA for say, the first 500-600 turns or so.

If an attack is selected other then SA, maybe a short message:

"The attack you are trying to use is not used for normal landgrabbing (refer to the Manual, Section 6), and is considered an Act of War.
    Please select Abort Attack, or, if you do wish to continue, select Attack"

This gives a Nation Leader or Trainer time to explain the system (so a member normally wouldn't get this message if they follow their training), and someone Guildless will at least be reminded that it invites reprisals, and where they should refer to to study landgrabbing.