Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Union

Infantry hoarding lacks realism which i know for a fact is why my brother Rassputtin left he had alot of good ideas for the game. When your 15 million infantry can stop my bombers that fly at about 30 feet I have an issue with that seeing as how those little bastards wont even see the bombs I am dropping let alone shoot my bombers down till after I have rained destruction on your sorry *** for having nothing but infantry. which should in turn automatically give me land from your state when my infantry rolls in to clean up the mess of what napalm leaves behindhence if you look closley at my back ground and read you supply the rifles ill supply the napalm. As for AAing someone for hording Infantry that my friend as you well know is an act of war and will start them up just as quik as the AA took to do. For those of us that would like to peacefully net with a balanced state in case war doesn break out cant grab land from someone the same or lower networth because he is hoarding infantry which is horse **** as I said before infantry cant stop everything you dont have 37 million Rambos running around your state!!!!!
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Realism? Rambos?
    Maybe find realism in real life, this is a game. This is a game of numbers.

realism? If he has all infantry - do bombing runs or him. do air raids, do amphibious assaults! there are no rules against it! never were. but if you do, get ready to face the consequences!

and if you want to win, you`ll hoard. There is no evil in it, it`s math. if you want to win - hoard and don`t get sleep
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Please tell me what the huge problem is with inf hoarding. If you don't like it, war them and teach them a lesson!! Otherwise, quit ****ing!!!!!!!!!!

Sky - LoR - ICN

I agree with grim some on this. I don't like the fact that people can go all infantry the first 3 weeks and then all ships the last week. It should be made that states should have more units. I guess made isn't the correct word, there should be a benefit of some kind to have more than 1 unit on hand in massive amounts.

And yes this is a game, but some of the exciting parts of it should be "realism". We changed the attacks around as jets killing land didn't make any sense. So we made it so bombers killed land. Why should infantry be able to beat bombers or ships?

Maybe if we make Infantry less strong that would help.. I really don't know. Warring isn't always the answer. There are times when people should be taught a lesson, but you don't have all set for an all out war. There should be other ways to prove a point.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    Infantry hoarding lacks realism which i know for a fact is why my brother Rassputtin left he had alot of good ideas for the game. When your 15 million infantry can stop my bombers that fly at about 30 feet I have an issue with that seeing as how those little bastards wont even see the bombs I am dropping let alone shoot my bombers down till after I have rained destruction on your sorry *** for having nothing but infantry. which should in turn automatically give me land from your state when my infantry rolls in to clean up the mess of what napalm leaves behindhence if you look closley at my back ground and read you supply the rifles ill supply the napalm. As for AAing someone for hording Infantry that my friend as you well know is an act of war and will start them up just as quik as the AA took to do. For those of us that would like to peacefully net with a balanced state in case war doesn break out cant grab land from someone the same or lower networth because he is hoarding infantry which is horse **** as I said before infantry cant stop everything you dont have 37 million Rambos running around your state!!!!!
    Rass did have a lot of good ideas for the game. Some of them were far more advanced than the game would allow at that time. He wanted to change the whole value of the game. The core is good and solid, we just need to tweak how some of the things are right now. I told Rass a while back that I could see a time when his ideas will fit in the game, just not at that time. He left cause he couldn't stand the inf hoarding.. I think he was on his way out anyway and that was what really got under his skin. He played a long time in WoW and Inf hording was the same then and it didn't bother him as much.. But there were a lot more players at that time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    er, you could do massive marketing for FREE!!!! I posted this last June about using EarthEmpires to get a lot of new players....

Earth Empires could *easily* be a gold mine for getting new members here. If some one got really good at the game, in the Alliance version, then had their own alliance that ranked very well, then recruited players to the alliance and then in the alliance, promoted this game every so often, you could easily get a flood of players here.

Here's an idea, if some one here played the one week speed version a few times and got good enough to end the round ranking in the top 10, they could then post their strategy here in as much detail as possible, join the alliance version and make an alliance. Then a bunch of us join the game and join the alliance. (Don't name it Nation Wars, that'll quickly give off the real reason of the alliance!!) We then play the game using your guide, and make the alliance rank pretty close to #1. Then we recruit like crazy to the alliance. And who's not going to say no to an invitation to one of the top 5 ranking alliances??!! Then every so often, we mention this game in the alliance. I think a lot of the players would like NW better.

If they have alliance forums over there like here, you simply make a 'What other games do you play' thread and we post in there. Bam! A flood of new players with a much higher odds of being active here, since they are active over there!!!! Total cost: Nothing!!

The Alliance round currently ends Feb 3. If we did this, we could start doing this in a month, if there is some one who knows how to play it well enough and can give us their strategy!

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showth...Crimson-s-Rant

100% agree with this post. Other games like ours is the best way to get people here. Problem is, we don't have enough people wanting to help get people here. If we could get just 3 dedicated people to really reach out to others games, it would really make a difference for us. Also, our voting links have helped get people here. Our #4 link esp... We have received many from that site. Maybe we should find a few more really good ones and add them to our bonus....

Mr. P,

I've said this before: If we made a version compatible with smart phones our membership would take off. We just need a lite version that fits well on iPhone, Android and Blackberry. A free app that is as simple as a N-W browser would do the trick. (I used to play on my Palm TX back before the iPhone came out.)

I think we also need to integrate the game into Facebook/Google+.

(Hey, how about some graphics or flash stuff in a few years.)

I realize this is a stretch for our capabilities but it's a good idea.

crimson should be the new(temporary?) admin, then move either devil or bright to global mod.. and me as the new mod..

seriously, i go for either max or blade as the new mod..
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    I agree with grim some on this. I don't like the fact that people can go all infantry the first 3 weeks and then all ships the last week. It should be made that states should have more units. I guess made isn't the correct word, there should be a benefit of some kind to have more than 1 unit on hand in massive amounts.

And yes this is a game, but some of the exciting parts of it should be "realism". We changed the attacks around as jets killing land didn't make any sense. So we made it so bombers killed land. Why should infantry be able to beat bombers or ships?

Maybe if we make Infantry less strong that would help.. I really don't know. Warring isn't always the answer. There are times when people should be taught a lesson, but you don't have all set for an all out war. There should be other ways to prove a point.
    Make infantry less stronger or more costly, then when your numbers go up you`ll be racking in huge costs to have the best offense. Maintaining infantry should be more costly the it is at the moment!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE