Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    Mr. P,

I've said this before: If we made a version compatible with smart phones our membership would take off. We just need a lite version that fits well on iPhone, Android and Blackberry. A free app that is as simple as a N-W browser would do the trick. (I used to play on my Palm TX back before the iPhone came out.)

I think we also need to integrate the game into Facebook/Google+.

(Hey, how about some graphics or flash stuff in a few years.)

I realize this is a stretch for our capabilities but it's a good idea.
    ^This. I play almost entirely on my iPhone. If there were an app that allows me to login, use turns, hit ppl, and view the forums, life would be so much easier. Would prolly help membership too.

Sky - LoR - ICN

Before I can make an app for NW I would need to buy a Mac and also spend some money on the developers program for apple. And a game like ours would take months if not over a year to build.. And that's if you have a lot of free time to do it.

Not saying it will never happen. I would LOVE a NW app.. I just don't see how I could do it right now.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

I play it on my Android now, all I have to do is zoom it. I can sit in my deer stand and hit someone even if I am not seeing deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    100% agree with this post. Other games like ours is the best way to get people here. Problem is, we don't have enough people wanting to help get people here. If we could get just 3 dedicated people to really reach out to others games, it would really make a difference for us. Also, our voting links have helped get people here. Our #4 link esp... We have received many from that site. Maybe we should find a few more really good ones and add them to our bonus....
    Disagree with both of you here (not that it wouldn't work at all).

From a professional marketing practitioner's standpoint, a tactic like this can be viewed as very back handed and unethical. Would you go into say... a Nike store and promote Adidas products? No! That's a vague example, but you catch my drift. The idea of building a following by creating a clan and then recruiting through that is a little better, but is that really practical? Not really.. Not against it, but I know that I don't personally have the time to do that. If people want to do that on their own or in small groups, power to ya and thanks. It's just not going to bring in significant numbers = to the effort put in.

Properly marketing the game will require more than this kind of thing. We need to begin fleshing out the narrative of what this game is, who the people are that play it, and show people why this game is fun and why a number of us have stuck around for nearly a decade (round of applause for those folks)!

Once we have these core messages crafted, working with and promoting the game amongst key influencers in the online gaming community, utilizing word of mouth with current players, and even using volunteer street teams at the local level, will be our bread and butter.

This isn't going to happen overnight and will be a group effort, but I have high hopes. I am EXTREMELY happy and exited that Mr. P is making this a stronger initiative for the game.

-Best

Paul
    Last edited by Gildor; 01-12-2012 at 10:17.
    [BLF],[1222],[KoR],[UB],[FED],[E],[Bang],[DaK],[DAB],[xPJx],[USA],[YP]

Nice post Gildor... As a professional in marketing, can we count on your help? Your guidance in this area would be extremely helpful and very appreciated. I think we should talk more about this. I know we spoke about it a long time ago, but let's revisit it again..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

My pleasure.

Are there any other folks out there with any marketing/communications experience?

or

If you don't have experience, but are willing to learn a little bit about it and help me out, I'd really appreciate it! I am very busy with work usually, but if I could get at least two people to help out, I think we could get some wheels turning.

Let me know!

Thanks

Gildor, you can count on me. All my contacts are listed, jut hit me up whenever you have something for me. Just let me know what I can do, and I will give it my best effort.

I'll try - have very little time not on an op. Give me whatever menial tasks don't require much work or time. Know this sounds pathetic, but trying to help in the only way I have time for. . Hit me up on messenger. Have it listed below my name.

Sky - LoR - ICN

Well Top, it's prob going to require a bit of time, but I'll keep you in mind for some things if I feel they won't take too long.

We'll have to figure out a time to all get on a live chat together to brainstorm ideas in the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, I'll start gathering some materials to help educate on what we'll be doing. I'll also try to work on a brief that explains goals, etc.. to begin getting a framework for the program started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildor View Post
    The idea of building a following by creating a clan and then recruiting through that is a little better, but is that really practical? It's just not going to bring in significant numbers = to the effort put in.
    It hardly takes any work at all. Case in point, a few years ago, another game site closed down, but kept the forums. I made ONE thread about this game, and a bunch of members there showed up here!!! You can see it here....

vb.lordsoflegend.com/showthread.php?t=18726

Heck, that generated so much activity that Mr. President showed up there, and it got it's own forum!!!! :eek:

Doing the same thing in a clan forum would have the same effect...and it's free!!!! I'll try doing the five day speed version over and over and try to make up an easy strategy that generates a good rank, and doesn't require a lot of work, then once I think I got the strategy down in a month or two, I'll post it here, and then test it out in the longer version.

With the awesome forum option where you can have the game post your stats, it should be really easy to figure out what's best, just by reading the replies at the existing threads. *hint*We need one of those here!*hint*
    Main Game firsts...

First to get billions in Networth.
    First to get trillions in cash.

Then my nation was rolled back!!