Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anybody voting in the primaries? and if so, for whom

Default anybody voting in the primaries? and if so, for whom

anybody voting in the primaries? and if so, for whom?

Id vote for Ron Paul. Even if some of his policies might be a bit tin pot he is the only candidate that you dont think is on the take from big corporations and only interested in himself....a true patriot. id rather have him than Romney (Karl Rove & Goldman Sachs support him, what better reason not to support him then...oh except of course that hes a chameleon whod do anything for some votes ), Rick Santorum (too extreme christian, aggressive foreign relations policy) , Rick Perry (GWB v3?) Newt has never really struck a cord with me and Jon Huntsman hasnt really had much coverage here in UK, but the little bit i read seemed okay, but doubt hed be able to beat Obama...do any of these guys except Dr Paul want to solve the debt & deficit problem?
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 01-10-2012 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

The problem with Paul is that he's a total isolationist, and in this modern era, the US can't afford that. His fiscal and social policies are good.

I like Santorum. Paul has the best fiscal plan though. I'd vote for almost anyone over than Obama.
    Last edited by Top12Gun; 01-10-2012 at 18:20.

Sky - LoR - ICN

Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul seem to me as the only reasonable candidates. Which is why the Republicans would never nominate them
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]

Quote Originally Posted by Top12Gun View Post
    The problem with Paul is that he's a total isolationist, and in this modern era, the US can't afford that. His fiscal and social policies are good.

I like Santorum. Paul has the best fiscal plan though. I'd vote for almost anyone over than Obama.
    being Isolationist is THE ONLY thing US CAN afford to do. what it CANT afford to do is wasting hundreds of billions of $ which it doesnt have (borrowed money which you and future generations will be paying back) on wars that it doesnt have justification to be in. What it can do is stop funding both Israel and other countries which it gives aid to (military or what not) and let them deal with each other themselves. the soldier who was on CNN whos interview feed cut out was right, Israel can deal with Iran on its own. Its outrageous too that UK is sending Ark Royal to Iran....we should be sending it to Falklands to scare those peskie argies back into reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I am definitely voting but for who I am not sure yet. AS far as the foreign funding, I agree with a lot of what you are saying Anton, but not about Israel. I normally don't discuss politics but a lot of what you guys are saying sounds good, but I have yet to decide who I think best represents my ideals.

I would agree with almost everything but the bit about Israel.

However, I still think we should keep some SOF in the middle east, and here's why: Consider the massive snafu that recently occurred with Iran in the strait of Hormuz. We can't afford to simply stand by and watch a lunatic (who wants to wipe an important US ally in Israel "off the map") threaten our allies and our assets without responding - appeasement has been proven over and over to fail. The foreign policy Dr. Paul advocates would seem to be that we should just try to ignore this, and try and go about our business as if nothing's wrong. I agree, the deficit is enormous, and as part of th future generation that's going to be footing this rather significant tab, I have even more of a concern than you!!!

But we can't just drop Israel, if only for this reason alone: if Israel feels threatened, they won't hesitate to massacre those they deem to be the threat. Israeli military doctrine dictates that when confronted, the only possible course of action is overwhelming force. Not W's version of overwhelming force which isn't really all that overwhelming at all, but simply the use of absolutely any means to defeat the enemy. This means bringing bombs to knife fights. Going all the way back to Yigal Yadin, Israel's military has operated this way, and there's no reason to believe this wouldn't extend to nuclear weapons. In short, multiple military analyses of Israel's situational preparedness have concluded that they would nuke Iran if they thought there was a threat, and the US can't allow the massacre that would follow.
    Last edited by Top12Gun; 01-11-2012 at 13:18.

Sky - LoR - ICN

Paul isnt a "good ol boy" so he wont win. I am sure a few of the others think some of the things he says are correct but they cant agree with him or it will cost them the election. if what paul says makes sense to us it makes sense to his counterparts too, but for some reason in this country those ideas dont get elected.

It will be romney vs. obama, and it will be neck and neck because romney isnt all that good of a canidate.

a vote for santorum is a vote against freedom

Explain the bit on Santorum, please.

Sky - LoR - ICN

I haven't voted for a winner since Reagan, looks like my streak will stay intact.
    I like Ron Paul also, but he won;t win.
    If he just had a bit of a personality it would be a chance.
    I don't trust Romney at all, too slick for me.
    Obama?well as Granddad uses to say"proofs in the puddin'" He had his chance and blew it.
    Don't much care for Michelle either, she shows up to work at a food bank wearing $500 shoes?
    Come on , way to fall into that elite role there.
    no common sense at all for the lot of them.

So who do you like, Blade??

Sky - LoR - ICN