Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: DEAD vs ICN

THey wont touch LOR coz then they will all be dead...

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black View Post
    well heres how this goes.. I dont care about trying to be the best nation or about my personal NW anymore. This set or any future sets.. I am going multi hit every member of DEAD until i get bored (WAR or NO WAR). If I die, I will just restart and do it again. any member I can hit, I will, until their readiness drops so others may take their land too. You might think I am upset about this sucker punch but I really am not....all's fair in love and WAR. But now i will play by my rules and what makes the game interesting for me. If the programming lets me do something then I will. The ONLY RULES are the ones the programming allows.
    The only rules have always been the ones the programming allows. That's some of the point of killing infantry hoarders. The game mechanics are drastically flawed in that the units interact generically and primitively which allows for infantry hoarding, and more importantly allows for infantry hoarding to be a successful tactic and even worse than that, in doing so makes it so that if some hoard infantry, then all who want to compete with them must also hoard infantry. Deciding to hoard infantry already puts you into the category of playing the game by your rules and what makes the game interesting for you and utilizing any method whatsoever allowed by the programming. When you incorporate feeding into that equation..... So please don't pretend like all of a sudden you've had a change of heart and are going to embrace this "if the game allows it then I'll do it" mentality. You've been at its for front. Think of some words that don't contradict your actions and then reply.

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    I don't mind you killed me. Didn't have a chance on #1 anyway.

But I do mind your reasoning for this war. Because this reason will get me and others killed in every future set to come, so I believe I must try and explain why people inf '*****'.

You stated that having 100m inf and virtually nothing of everything is not balanced. Okay, I agree, it is not. I am very voulnerable to BR's, AA's, hostile spy ops, so on. So if there's a state that doesn't like that can brake me very easily. But, but! #33 and #250 did the same this set. But they didn't get warred. In fact, I could prolly go through all my spy logs and show that majority of the states don't balance their states. So, what I do, is that I take the chance of getting 'suicided' (because that's what this was) each set and run my state as optimal as possible. Optimal means as good as possible, as efficient as possible. If you think that you will ever be succesful with your 'balanced' mentality, then you are wrong.

Good luck fighting for places in top20 in future sets.

If you have any questions on the 'math' of the game, please don't hesitate to ask. I am more than eager to explain you why always the same people fight for the first place, why the scenario is usually somewhat similar.

If you continue to justify this war with this 'balance' thing, then you can kill me in the future sets as well.
    The math of the game does not elude DEAD states. You should stop looking down your red highlighted nose and save that for someone who doesn't understand basic math.

You and other hoarders being killed every set is kind of the point. This isn't the first time infantry hoarding has been brought up. I pointed out its implications years ago, pointed out ways to fix it years ago. Instead of fixing it, missles were added, and now are being removed. Waste of time and resources. Since the programming and unit interaction won't be addressed the only other option is to do what pro infantry hoarders have always said to do. "Stop whining and do something about it". Your explanation of why people hoard is not required. Its already known. Yes your states are not the only ones that infantry hoard. Unfortunately the anti hoarding resources do not allow for ALL states hoarding infantry to be killed at one time.... so decisions must be made. No one expects a balanced state to win a set unless there are enough balanced states to kill or maim all the infantry hoarders. Hence the point of the campaign.

How many sets must you be killed or maimed while hoarding infantry before you decide that you should not have a defenseless state and run more balanced units. The answer is never right, because you can't compete for first without hoarding while others are hoarding. So what will you do? Continue to hoard and hope that your not chosen as the hoarder to be killed..... or run a more balanced state and hope the hoarders are killed and your moved up the list, or join the anti hoarders and kill the hoarders. Yes, yes your thinking you want to build a state to pay DEAD back for this atrocity. Your thinking you'll build a state that will be able to hurt or kill them. Well guess what. If you build a state to kill other states then you aren't infantry hoarding are you? So build a war state... if so then DEAD's mission is successful.

LoL. Okay, have fun killing me every set then.

Finishing in top20 is possible with mixed strategy so I wouldn't congratulate myself on that achievement. It was meant as an insult towards you anyway.

Humour me, what's the 'balance' anyway?
    You may not be the target every set. Your weren't being singled out. You are not despised any more than any other infantry hoarder. Don't take it personally.

What are you talking about? You had to AA me... I believe I had something like 120k ships!! And like 40k sams. Dunno why you even AAd.

Anyway, you guys look like suiciders. I don't like suiciders.
    Suicide implies attacking with no chance of success. DEAD expects to survive this engagement or at the least not be slaughtered. They do not look like suiciders, they look like aggressive warrers. Simply because you don't agree with the reasoning for war (FYI NO ONE EVER DOES) doesn't mean its a suicide. It means in your mind it was unprovocked.

you had 40,000 sams and 120,000 ships.. how many infantry did you have.... 120,000,000. That's a three digit difference on the left of the decimal point. Maybe you hoarders should lobby to have MR. P include infantry in AR defense. They shoot down bombers and jets and ships in standard attack, why not bomb runs and air raids too?

Well, suiciders usually attacked people for nothing. You attacked us for nothing. ICN is too inactive to war, so I'd be happy to see a kill, but I'm not counting on, so you might as well live. Congratulations!

But really, brother, if you want to learn how to play, come to ICN next set, I'll teach you a thing or two. Maybe then you wouldn't have to waste yours and others time in pointless wars.
    You were not attacked for no reason. You were just attacked for reasons you don't agree with. There is in fact a significant difference. If your to inactive to strike back how is attacking you a suicide? As stated before a suicide is attacking without the expectation of success and pretty much knowing your going to die and run a failed operation. Warring an inactive nation is not a suicide. Maybe you should ask DEAD if you can join their nation so they can show you how to play. You can be shown a thing or two and not waste yours and others time buying all that infantry to be killed by an amount of bombers that can be produced by a restart in 1 day. DEAD doesn't need your lessons on hoarding infantry, watching and waiting and setting alarms and getting on at specific times when GB's run out on targets, and getting friends and nations to feed. Its not a new strategy. Its more about dedication to time invested than it is skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Should have killed LoR's top states too then.
    As i said before and you clearly already know Evan, I'm sure if DEAD had enough states than every infantry hoarding state they could find would be killed. But, 1. LOR was attacked last set by DEAD, and 2. A nation the size of DEAD attacking both ICN and LOR would make everyone call them what..... SUICIDERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    THey wont touch LOR coz then they will all be dead...
    Not sure if you realized it yet or not but the nation your in is at war... shouldn't you be in vacation mode?

Look you all want to compete hoarding infantry and want to scoff and insult the intelligence of those who think its retarded. DEAD is not incapable of hoarding infantry. Simply unwilling. You people hoard your infantry and laugh cause people who don't hoard don't finish top 3.

Well, perhaps its time for you to be laughed at. Your not incapable of having a state with defenses your just unwilling. DEAD will run balanced states and laugh at those who hoard and try to finish top 3.

You supply the rifles, DEAD will supply the NAPALM.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

You are missing the entire point.
    the object is not to be top 20. the object is to be number one.
    To do so, as many have for many rounds is by troops.

it is quite apperent that the tag DEAD cannot accomlish that, so they have chosen to be basically suiciders instead.
    Now the way I see it, you are declaring not just on ICN, but basically any tag that reaches for the top.

i would think there should be other tags declaring on you and again wiping you out.
    not much sense in just waiting for you to move to another tag on your timeframe is there?

And Baa i agree, we can also play their game
    Dead can be our farmland for future rounds and we can jjust protct our m8s that want to do the casher thing

Rass Your Ignorance is Bliss.. im not at war with anyone..and i never inf hoard... and your reason behind this war is weak... trust me i know of weak reasons for war.... How about all the inf hoarders just take you out since you are so against them.... So perhaps i sit here and laugh at you since you clearly have no idea of wats going on

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    As i said before and you clearly already know Evan, I'm sure if DEAD had enough states than every infantry hoarding state they could find would be killed. But, 1. LOR was attacked last set by DEAD, and 2. A nation the size of DEAD attacking both ICN and LOR would make everyone call them what..... SUICIDERS.
    so you let us off this time because you hit us last set.. does it mean ICN can infantry hoard all they want next set?
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

yea Rass's view on things are very rash... SO does that mean that ICN is off the hook next set and LOR is the target? of for that matter another nation that makes a run for 1st is?

Quote Originally Posted by rass
    How many sets must you be killed or maimed while hoarding infantry before you decide that you should not have a defenseless state and run more balanced units. The answer is never right, because you can't compete for first without hoarding while others are hoarding. So what will you do? Continue to hoard and hope that your not chosen as the hoarder to be killed..... or run a more balanced state and hope the hoarders are killed and your moved up the list, or join the anti hoarders and kill the hoarders. Yes, yes your thinking you want to build a state to pay DEAD back for this atrocity. Your thinking you'll build a state that will be able to hurt or kill them. Well guess what. If you build a state to kill other states then you aren't infantry hoarding are you? So build a war state... if so then DEAD's mission is successful.
    I will never use a strategy that is not the most reasonable. So the answer to your question: It takes infinite amount of sets to kill me for me to drop inf hoarding.

Actually, I start infantry hoarding, and in the end of the set I ship hoard. Maybe I should buy infantry at the end of the set too? Or you don't have a problem with ship hoarding in the end?

Originally Posted by rass

you sound like a dictator telling ppl how to build their state or else you will kill them... Rass you no good at netting (why your doing wat your doing now) and ur def no good at warring( most of icn is still alive).... fall back to the shadows where you belong...

How many sets must you play before you realize that a balance state isnt viable to win First place in this game.. its not the hoarders fault and its not the Programmers fault.... its the way the game is... Im tired of hearing of inf hoarding.. its a strat in the game... let ICN do it if they want.. Just like you can war them if u want for w.e reason u want.... just trying to make your point like its the only way to do it is bs... your not gonan change anything.. your not gonna change their gameplay... **** they prob wont even retal you for this and your just gonna end up giving up on this hopeless and pathetic war.... You wanna do something for NW go and recruit some ppl.. go and teach a few noobs to play the game the way you feel.... stop being a jerkoff

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind if DEAD is able to force a new 'unwritten' rule - no infantry hoarding - but, what I would like to see from DEAD:
    - Please explain your actions more clearly. So far I haven't understood why exactly are you doing that. Maybe you should define what is hoarding some unit. Is it having 75% of one unit out of all. Is that 75% networth based, is it strength based.

It seems so vague and confusing at the moment. Look at the current unwritten rules. I'm sure there were people against the grabbing rules as well (1 in top10, 2 outside), but it was forced. People still sometimes break it - accidents usually. But the rule itself is clear, you can't misunderstand it.

In all honesty, I believe 'balanced' state will never become a rule. I do believe your time and effort could be used somewhere else. There have been people attacking other states because of this reason before.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstink View Post
    sweet we're suiciders!!!! I wanna be highlighted in pink
    Hey want to be pink too!