Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: Official Foreign Policy Relations - March Set -

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    FYI there is an astounding good chance that all my turns will be used to AA this state tomorrow.

and for the record he isnt the only one, i'm just picking him cause he is in the top spot.
    at first i think "im sold". then i think "wait is he about to suicide?" then i think, "well if he increases his rank then no", then I come to a conclusion that "he will most likely be killed for what he about to do unless he hits that whole nation in which case thats a war."

So are you starting a war, or going on a suicide mission?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    at first i think "im sold". then i think "wait is he about to suicide?" then i think, "well if he increases his rank then no", then I come to a conclusion that "he will most likely be killed for what he about to do unless he hits that whole nation in which case thats a war."

People keep talking effeciency, effeciency. NEWSFLASH, its not a convenience store. Yes if your running a walmart its about the bottom line. Imagine any nation in the world basing its military makeup on only carrying infantry cause their more effecient..... pfffft.

Well John, it depends on how you look at it. Eliminate nations and look at it as his strat versus my strat, State vs State and I'm sorry but my strategy is superior.
    Maim a defenseless player ahead of me with full turns, grab him up let everyone else grab him as he falls through the ranks. Will he stock pile a unit to come back at me, of course. But it will already be to late. I will already have the upper hand by billions and billions of dollars, and although he will hurt me I will undoubtedly finish ahead of him.

Alas this is a game of community and nations and so we must of course throw out the term suicider. Because if he has friends that are willing to stop playing accountant wars long enough to run a Healthy state for a few hundred turns and kill me then it automatically invalidates any points or strategy I employ right?

If the Community lets me stand alone.... if the community sits on thier hands......again, and idly watches as another set is won in the first week by a defenseless state that they let run away ahead of them because he stockpiled the most infantry and stayed defenseless the longest.... reread that... actually just continue I'll type it again....

if the community wants to let the player who stays defenseless the longest beat them...... and I stand alone. Then I guess I'm a suicider.

You would have no choice but to call me that would you?

Now I'm not saying that I don't think players should be able to "peacefully" net. I'm not saying the game should be dominated by war and engulfed in conflict every set. I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is that I RESPECT the other players in the game. I RESPECT the other attack buttons in the game. These two things combined means that I RESPECT the game. I respect other players INABILITY to finish highly. I respect the nations like LOR, DAK, USSR etc etc that MADE YOU respect the game and the other attack buttons.

This respect makes me upgrade my units and carry more than just infantry. Not doing so just invites trouble. Go lay a gold bar in the street unprotected and see how long it takes for someone to go for it.

What I'm saying is that you players who run a defenseless state are disrespecting me. By "me" I mean every player in the game who respects the game and the other players and other attack buttons.

I think its time for players to stop running walmarts and start running states. I think its time for players to stop disrespecting the game and its players. By running a defenseless state and hoarding infantry and utilizing your "efficiency" strategy your basically slapping me in the face. Your saying your going to take from me and I won't do anything about it. Its different if I CAN'T do anything about it, or if its really too much trouble to do anything about it.

But an infantry hoarding defensless state, attacking and taking land from me and not upgrading cause they think I won't do anything about it.....

Well they're wrong. I will.

So are you starting a war, or going on a suicide mission?
    I'm starting a war. Whether or not its a suicide mission is up to you and the rest of the community. You're either for walmart wars or your not..... those who aren't should PM me.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    I'm starting a war. Whether or not its a suicide mission is up to you and the rest of the community. You're either for walmart wars or your not..... those who aren't should PM me.
    those who are not PM me....

Sure you can take him down but there is 12 members in that nation. The proper way in my eyes would be for you to get your PMs together before coming on here and posting and wipe out the whole nation. In my eyes he doenst need to have a balanced state if he has 11 more in his nation to back him up.

Literally its not "State Wars" and I understand what your syaing about Walmart Wars. Hes got 11 states feeding him NA, and protecting him from other states and nations. In return he is giving his nation a very high NW. hence why LOR is in first place.

Heres some realistics. There are 50 states in the country of USA. If Alaska or Hawaii were all Infantry it doesnt mean that its OK for Japan to just take HI or Russia to just attack AK. They know whats on the other end of that stick. The US has 49 other states to back up the 1 that is "unbalanced". I mean dang the land size and resources alone in AK would make it prime pickings for another country to take it, but HELLO the US is the biggest nation on the scores chart in the real world.

extremely simular to Kanman, and LOR right now.

your gonna hate what im about to say, but.....

Take down the whole nation or don't bother at all. You think its easy to get 12 members in this game right now, then lets see you best their whole nation.

those who are not PM me....

Sure you can take him down but there is 12 members in that nation. The proper way in my eyes would be for you to get your PMs together before coming on here and posting and wipe out the whole nation. In my eyes he doenst need to have a balanced state if he has 11 more in his nation to back him up.
    What good do those other 11 do for him when he is defenseless and hobbled. They are all about effeciency so those other 11 will have to put down thier accountant textbooks and get units other than infantry and use turns to kill me. So it will negatively affect the walmart wars game for all of them that participate. Particularly the defensless state that drug them all into it.....

So yeah he got 11 buddies. So what. None of them can loan him ships before its too late.

Literally its not "State Wars" and I understand what your syaing about Walmart Wars. Hes got 11 states feeding him NA, and protecting him from other states and nations. In return he is giving his nation a very high NW. hence why LOR is in first place.
    Right, but they aren't really protecting him because he is defenseless. And killing me after the fact does nothing to protect all the networth.

Heres some realistics. There are 50 states in the country of USA. If Alaska or Hawaii were all Infantry it doesnt mean that its OK for Japan to just take HI or Russia to just attack AK. They know whats on the other end of that stick. The US has 49 other states to back up the 1 that is "unbalanced". I mean dang the land size and resources alone in AK would make it prime pickings for another country to take it, but HELLO the US is the biggest nation on the scores chart in the real world.
    It is extremely similiar except that the armies of the united states are controlled by the federal govt, and therefore no state HAS ONLY INFANTRY because there are other states to back it up. But it was a good analogy John.

extremely simular to Kanman, and LOR right now.

your gonna hate what im about to say, but.....

Take down the whole nation or don't bother at all. You think its easy to get 12 members in this game right now, then lets see you best their whole nation.
    I don't hate it at all. I undrestand where your coming from but I'm not worried about the rest of the nation. THey arent sitting at the top of the list defenseless. Lets be clear they didnt JUST recruit 12 members into the game right now. How many have an N. Lets not pretend its hard to get 12 players who already play every set to decide to play in teh same nation..... Not sure where your going with that one.

Other than to point out that I may not have 12 players, which I may not. But I don't need 12 players to provide me with a FALSE sense of security. They will provide his hobbled state with nothing more than peace of mind, his defenseless state will not win. Your saying if I cant buy the ferrari I shouldnt bother buying any car....

Look this is going to happen. Every set. Until the mechanics are changed by MR. P or the players mentality changes, or Mr. P bans me from the game.

The player who stays defenseless the longest should not win.. IMHO

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Every state that wins does so because a lot of other states decide not to suicide. I went heavy infantry because I respect the netting abilities of others. If i had upgraded ships before I jumped, I might not have been able to hit blaa.

You are correct that it is a calculated risk and that I'm relying on the goodwill of others and on my nation mates for protection. If you have to aa me, fine, I know the risks and I have lost many top states before to war/suicide before.

I f Rass hits you, at least you can be sure DEAD won`t do it! Then we`ll just take out your competition and you can be number 1 again
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

That was his plan all along.

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM