Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRIM?

well, some may quit, but it doesn`t say anything good about them. Some will stay because of the fun war brings
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

yep us stocking farmers got all the defence!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post

Honestly, it was either you or USA, as their top states are laughable.
    Our top states are in bad shape as most of us are farmers and our food is not selling. Can't buy goods with no money can ya...

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Max, next time make an indy nation and start selling ships/tanks/whatever you choose. Being in casher nation and using tanks instead of infantry isn't really helping anyone excep giving you an excuse that you're not using infantry. This set it has been really hard for cashers/farmers not to buy infantry when 99% of units on PM are infantry. I have been talking about this years ago, but ships are better for a jumping state at first week. FACT. Ships are around 6% stronger and the expenses don't really matter at first week (land is growing very fast), especially for a casher/farmer that buys units AFTER he has made his turns (no extra expenses and you get 6% stronger army). The problem is infantry has been used the most at first week and it has been like this for years. It's hard to change that but if you at least try to flood markets with stuff other than infantry then there's a chance. Also talking with different nation leaders at start of set about buying/producing units other than infantry is a must. If the infantry hoarding really bugs you then don't forget to do those things.

I like your posts Nosejam and agree with what you're saying. I wish UB the best of luck!
    Only sky is the limit.

@mr. P, i know you dont have alot but what you do have should have some balance.

@Margus, i think it point is to be able to defend from an attack type not necessarily a unit type. IE, aa, ga, ar, spyop.

Margus, the tanks were just a joke of a sort, we went both infantry and tanks, just thought having tanks was funny.
    The point is not having/buying certain unit type, the point is you`re (they are) an easy target. 1 unit to break in BR? Well, they were asking for it!

You can blame whomever, whatever you want. Excuses like - there were no units in PM to buy - do not justify you not having defenses. You should be able to defend your state, or at least make an effort to kill. If you have no defense - blame yourself!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    watchu want?
    Non defenseless states. You got money for infantry then you got money for SAM and ships.

Don't matter if your a stocking techer or a netting mixed strat, running totally defenseless is shame on you, not shame on us.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    Margus, the tanks were just a joke of a sort, we went both infantry and tanks, just thought having tanks was funny.
    The point is not having/buying certain unit type, the point is you`re (they are) an easy target. 1 unit to break in BR? Well, they were asking for it!

You can blame whomever, whatever you want. Excuses like - there were no units in PM to buy - do not justify you not having defenses. You should be able to defend your state, or at least make an effort to kill. If you have no defense - blame yourself!
    So basically what you're saying is you're finding the weakest states who have most networth and kill them. Ok, I understand you have your reasons for doing this. Some states horading only one unit can be a problem and I understand you're trying to fix it, but your methods are wrong. At the moment I see DEAD as a bully who finds the weakest kid at the playground to push over and you even said that netting set after set is boring. How is killing defenseless states who don't really have a chance not boring to you or the nation being warred. If you really want to war and punish states who are hoarding one unit then give them some time to prepare. Making a forum thread or sending a nations leader a letter saying "Your states: #x, #y, #z, #... have weak defense and because of that we will declare war on you in the next 1-2 days. Good luck and next time make sure your nation members aren't defenseless" (not give exact time or it would be hard to FS against online states). This would make players think more about balancing out their army next time. Also give some fun for the game with warring and not make them want to leave this game. You would still have the upper hand because you had more time to prepare. Of course if a nation has 1-2 states in TOP1-5 with very low defense and others are war-ready then giving time to prepare is not needed, but if you pick nations like UB who weren't even in TOP3 at the time (farmers usually jump at end) and weren't in anyones way, then making war without any warning is pointless because even if you do kill 10 states or whatever to make your FS look impressive, you would still look bad. And I don't believe that you don't care if you look bad because you have been trying hard to justify your reasons for war.
    Only sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Our top states are in bad shape as most of us are farmers and our food is not selling. Can't buy goods with no money can ya...

Hmmmm...sounds like you should sell your food at much lower prices then!

Quote Originally Posted by Margus View Post
    So basically what you're saying is you're finding the weakest states who have most networth and kill them. Ok, I understand you have your reasons for doing this. Some states horading only one unit can be a problem and I understand you're trying to fix it, but your methods are wrong. At the moment I see DEAD as a bully who finds the weakest kid at the playground to push over and you even said that netting set after set is boring. How is killing defenseless states who don't really have a chance not boring to you or the nation being warred. If you really want to war and punish states who are hoarding one unit then give them some time to prepare. Making a forum thread or sending a nations leader a letter saying "Your states: #x, #y, #z, #... have weak defense and because of that we will declare war on you in the next 1-2 days. Good luck and next time make sure your nation members aren't defenseless" (not give exact time or it would be hard to FS against online states). This would make players think more about balancing out their army next time. Also give some fun for the game with warring and not make them want to leave this game. You would still have the upper hand because you had more time to prepare. Of course if a nation has 1-2 states in TOP1-5 with very low defense and others are war-ready then giving time to prepare is not needed, but if you pick nations like UB who weren't even in TOP3 at the time (farmers usually jump at end) and weren't in anyones way, then making war without any warning is pointless because even if you do kill 10 states or whatever to make your FS look impressive, you would still look bad. And I don't believe that you don't care if you look bad because you have been trying hard to justify your reasons for war.
    no offense but that sounds kinda silly.

the nation leaders with members that have no defense should be doing the warning, NOT the nations who are going to pounce on them.

so what your suggesting is that top players from nation A should be giving up advice to players in nation B so they can beat nation A on the score chart.

"i know we are on different teams, but let me tell you how to beat me..."

its not like its a bunch of noobs inf hoarding, I dont think they need much warning.

no defense = your bad just like no spies = your bad. make sure you tell your nation members to get some defense so this kinda thing doesnt affect your whole nation.

(which reminds me to go tell my nation mates they better D-up)

[1minute later]

Ok there... as a responsible nation leader I sent a message to my nation members telling them that they should run balanced states and have defense against any possible war attack. If they do not comply with my orders then they shall be warned and then kicked. extremely simple and if a few other nation leaders did the same AFTER NUMEROUS warnings on the forums then there most likely would be less blood shed this set.

idk why im even opening my big mouth, but it just seems silly not to have a defended state
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 03-10-2012 at 14:44.