Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: Curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    I guess with you I need to make sure I am very specific on every detail.. Sorry, you may have the time to point out every detail, I do not. USA has nothing to prove to anyone.. USA has been around a long long time between NW and WoW. We have been in large wars, we have been in small wars. We haven't warred a whole lot in NW due to me just not having the time to lead them. However, USA normally only wars when we need too. We are not an aggressive nation who likes to start wars. I'm confused why you don't remember that as you have been around a long time yourself.
    No I admitted we were arguing semantics and wasnt really interested. Just wanted to let you know where I was coming from so you didnt' think i was just making things up. I remember USA not being aggressive. I even remember USA entering war on the side of the underdog to hammer home the point of being for fairness and not being aggressive. Alas, those are memories. And my only experience recently with USA is of course, thier actions last set. So you can see how their may be some room for re-definition of how I see USA in its current state. Ranger gave USA a black eye in regards to the position the nation has historically and traditionally taken at least in my opinion.

Now, last set... We were preparing to go to war and hours before we declared, LoR declared.. Ranger thought about it some and decided to enter the war. We ALL were excited to see some action in the game.. Ranger even sent out a national address almost the same length as the ones I send out He rejected the policy of both Euro and GRIM and went to war. You can break it all down with him as to what he was thinking. He is a big boy and is able to speak for himself. But my point is, right or wrong, GB or not, it was action we haven't seen in awhile so people were excited. Looking back, if I had known it was going to be such a huge issue, I would have sent him a message telling him to back out of it. BUT, if i remember correctly, USA didn't make any attacks for a long time. We simply entered the war. And I'm pretty sure we lost like 5 states before we even started killing anyone.. We had no organized strikes to speak of and we didn't have a thirst for blood. We were just happy to have the wars happening to make the game alive.

I dont understand how one can be excited to jump on the pile of 45 vs 11. The excitment would have been to fight a war, not kick a corpse. Exciting and alive and head turning would have been to help DEAD or EURO. It doesn't really matter. I just lost alot of respect thats all.

As for this set....... Unless my glasses are messed up I don't see where USA declared war on anyone.. But yet your still giving us crap like we did. We had no plans to war you guys. It wasn't until Thursday that we noticed you guys were stocking turns. We got a little nervous thinking it was going to be us you were going to hit, so we started stocking turns. At the start of the set we figured we would be warring so we started out running war states. I have no knowledge of any talk about a GB against you, even before you declared on LoR.

As for my comments at the start of the thread. I was simply trying to get things moving so I took a devils advocate approach.

Instead of insulting everyone why don't you guys be patient.. It takes time to turn the game around. There are many friends in the game and they have a hard time killing each other. With a game this small it's not that hard to notice that people are close. Yes we need wars. And yes we need a few more nations like THIK, Euro and GRIM. In time you will see others starting to war each other, but right not you'll find them band together to eliminate the threat.

AND...................... For a few days and 1 thread I spoke about getting suicided on when I took the top spot.. This GB talk has been going for weeks and multiple threads. I was disappointed in the member who suicided me. I have always left states alone who have done well and let them have the top spot. Granted that is just me, but I was sad to see that particular member pull something like that. So needless to say, you can't call me hypocritical due to that.. I dropped it shortly after and never spoke about it again till just now. However, your reply to this thread will simply keep the GB discussion ongoing.. Perhaps I'll buy a few extra gigs of space on the DB so you all can have plenty of room to keep making posts about it

Hope you enjoyed your shower.. I am not going to go catch some Zzzzzz's as I haven't had many the past few days..

Goodnite!
    Didnt you war LOR the next set which caused more threadsa bout it. lmao. Alas it matters not, dredging up 13 months ago. I was disappointed in some of the states and nations that GB'd us. It really doesn't matter.

I hope you get some zzzzz's. A shot or three of whiskey would probably help if you have too much trouble. :-)
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

I totally agree with Ras Max and scav on a few point but understand Mr. P call for patience. The game needs some revolution and reviving or we will be back to 50 members by summer. The leaders in Thik should be reaching out to overcome the netters gang banging them. I'm sure there are more states out there then they think who don't like netting all the time.

Maybe NW should gb USA since they are the shoulder all the other nations lean on so to speak. Mr. P is you think the USA is holding the game back a little by not being a mover and shaker maybe the tag should take a break. You could encourage a few members to branch off and make two or more tags. Idk just throwing it out there. Old nations old reputations old habits equal more of the same and history repeating itself. And sure the same goes for Lor and Wlf and any other tag that lingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassputtin View Post
    No I admitted we were arguing semantics and wasnt really interested. Just wanted to let you know where I was coming from so you didnt' think i was just making things up. I remember USA not being aggressive. I even remember USA entering war on the side of the underdog to hammer home the point of being for fairness and not being aggressive. Alas, those are memories. And my only experience recently with USA is of course, thier actions last set. So you can see how their may be some room for re-definition of how I see USA in its current state. Ranger gave USA a black eye in regards to the position the nation has historically and traditionally taken at least in my opinion.
    I think the impeachment process is underway as we speak. I understand where you're coming from. USA has always been thought of one way cause I am normally the leader. It's interesting when we have new presidents as they run things differently. Ranger is a good leader, member and person. His decisions may differ from mine time to time, but when he is in charge it's his call.. And he is learning that no matter what call you make, there is always fallout .

I dont understand how one can be excited to jump on the pile of 45 vs 11. The excitment would have been to fight a war, not kick a corpse. Exciting and alive and head turning would have been to help DEAD or EURO. It doesn't really matter. I just lost alot of respect thats all.
    The excitement didn't come from being part of a GB, it came from a large scale war was actually taking place. The timing on the whole thing was bad. We prepared to go in, shortly before LoR declares and now he had to make a choice.. I think some lessons were learned on the whole matter.

Didnt you war LOR the next set which caused more threadsa bout it. lmao. Alas it matters not, dredging up 13 months ago. I was disappointed in some of the states and nations that GB'd us. It really doesn't matter.
    awe yes... We wanted him dead and devil wouldn't give him up. Wasn't much of a war though. We got the kill we wanted and let it go.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"