Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: USA vs UB

Notice: This is just one person's opinion, and does not necessarily represent the position of the Umbarian government.

1. USA did give notice before declaring earlier in the set. However, they declared with no real reason other than wanting a war for one set. Since this was the reunion set and everyone was already at war, I wasnt really upset, just kinda confused because USA and UB have been allies for a long time.

2. USA out warred us. We didnt organize well, and had a lot of inactive and inexperienced states. USA did a better job, they won the fight.

3. As far as I know, no peace settlement was negotiated by UB's leader. USA thought we were done and declared peace. (Again, this is only as far as I know and I could be wrong...) UB did not ask for the war to be over, or surrender. We waited for our active players to restart and continued the war. I dont consider that cowardly.

4. I hold no bad feelings towards USA or its members. USA made it clear that it was a 1 set war, for practice or fun or whatever reason they had. Thats how i hope it stays.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsh View Post
    Notice: This is just one person's opinion, and does not necessarily represent the position of the Umbarian government.

1. USA did give notice before declaring earlier in the set. However, they declared with no real reason other than wanting a war for one set. Since this was the reunion set and everyone was already at war, I wasnt really upset, just kinda confused because USA and UB have been allies for a long time.

2. USA out warred us. We didnt organize well, and had a lot of inactive and inexperienced states. USA did a better job, they won the fight.

3. As far as I know, no peace settlement was negotiated by UB's leader. USA thought we were done and declared peace. (Again, this is only as far as I know and I could be wrong...) UB did not ask for the war to be over, or surrender. We waited for our active players to restart and continued the war. I dont consider that cowardly.

4. I hold no bad feelings towards USA or its members. USA made it clear that it was a 1 set war, for practice or fun or whatever reason they had. Thats how i hope it stays.
    here here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Don't kill the messenger.. Simply relaying the Presidents statements..
    and who might that be? =P

USA did have a BS reason for warring in the first place so that most wanted future set comment is overboard. cant take a little taste of your own medicine?

We can always change our mind on who is our most wanted nation...just sayin..

And I thought you were the main one saying we need more war for any reason or no reason. Changing your tune now, John?
    Last edited by Dogma; 04-26-2012 at 15:25.

Kids kids kids... can't we all get along? Let's all agree that LoR should be repeatedly beaten like a tethered goat. Furthermore, no wars between any other nations can start until all LoR members have perished.

Quote Originally Posted by avietme View Post
    and who might that be? =P
    I would be the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    USA did have a BS reason for warring in the first place so that most wanted future set comment is overboard. cant take a little taste of your own medicine?
    It wasn't a BS reason. It was a war training exercise that UB agreed to having. We didn't want to totally destroy their nation so we stopped all attacks. However, bobsh is correct. As far as I know, nobody from USA contacted UB about the cease fire. I guess the USA govt assumed it was over. Personally I have no issues with UB continuing the war. But It would have been nice if they didn't wait till the last day. That is why Ranger is so fired up over it. I don't think he cares they hit us, but he felt that seeing we backed off and didn't wipe them all out that out of respect we should have been given more time so we could retal some. But it is what it is. Again, I am merely a press person this set. I have no say as I am not in command.

Quote Originally Posted by limaechoecho View Post
    Kids kids kids... can't we all get along? Let's all agree that LoR should be repeatedly beaten like a tethered goat.
    that is pretty funny right there...

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

As Sec of State of USA, I want to add my little $.02. Yes we hit UB earlier for a training operation, Yes we stopped the war without any negotiations whatsoever, Yes UB hit us on last day of set, Yes Ranger got pissed.

Pretty much sums it up I think. However, if I might put forth a piece of personal philosophy, "UB, well played!." Only, I would have probably waited just a little longer, you gave us enough time to build enough turns to inflict at least a bloody nose. Anyway, good luck for rest of set, we will do our best.

ya my nose got real bloody...i aint happy

Well for what it is worth, we have all skinned our knees...