Thread: Diablo 3 beta

Default Diablo 3 beta

I have played the Diablo series since the very begining (diablo 1 org. playstation). I recently recieved my invite to play the beta version of Diablo 3 after I subscribed to WOW for a year. Anybody else on here play any of the Blizzard titles? If so any thoughts on the upcoming release of D3 on 5/15? I just finished act 1 in D3 last night and was a little disappointed to find out thats as far as you can go for now. Overall I must say I'm rather impressed so far with the graphics, gameplay, and of course the classic diablo storyline

Yeah huge Diablo fan. I was lucky enough to get in closed beta so I have been playing it for a few months
    The good news is that the skeleton king is only the first 1/3 of act 1. So he is like the equivalent of Blood raven in Daiblo 2 (which funnily enough is as far as you could get in the diablo 2 beta

I have my collectors edition fo D3 ready to pickup on the 15/05 and have already booked time off work

Played my a$$ of with D2 LoD.
    However, I was not that impressed with the gameplay shown, the revealing trailers however seem to show more gameplay speed though for which it is starting to itch. Just not enough to pre order thus far though.

As I am also anxiously awaiting Guild Wars 2 it seems I do not have enough time on my hands anyway.
    Better have some cold beer ready, I will stop by whether you like it or not.

According to the 'dex, you can't distribute stat points anymore on level ups and it's all done for you? very disappointed if this is true, probably won't play. I don't like it when games are dumbed down.

Will, I am sorry to say it is true.
    And according to my understanding no new parameter which you can influence has been brought in.
    Better have some cold beer ready, I will stop by whether you like it or not.

Hmmm Not entirely.

Yes you cannot allocate stat points (which sucks) AND you gain skills automatically as you level up. However you can choose 1 of 7 runes to put in the skill which may change how it functions completely. Also there are like 30 skills and you choose only 6. The gameplay is much better now than at the start of the beta.

Let it be known that I spent WAAAAAY too many hours on Diablo 1 and 2. I initially hated the D3 beta, but the more i play it the more I am impressed. The graphics are sharp and the gameplay is very Diabloesque. Prob could use more monsters, but it will kill some time!