One fast note before it's closed.

Hobbled

Man does that word make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    One fast note before it's closed.

Hobbled

Man does that word make me smile.
    The shotgun wielding redneck canoeists strike again

oh my... been a long long time since I heard about those.

Quote Originally Posted by heyneken View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. When I jumped last set, I had everything upgraded, ****load of spies, agms and ships. Stop talking bull**** like "it took the game to take down GRIM". No, it didn't. And just face it, Margus, Blaa, Lenn, and just about everyone in ICN for that matter, are better players in every aspect of the game.
    Margus is a great player, there are no questions about that. He could be around at the top 15-20 best there ever was. When you compare the rest of ICN, you compare them to nowdays. I don`t know which WoW period blaa and you were playing, but Margus came to glory at the end of...idk, call it the 'real WoW', doesn`t matter. Point is, yeah, you`re good, decent, but most of you have never experienced a real fight, you`ve never been at war with a couple of hundred states and you never had to worry about being killed of the top until the few last sets. GRIM jus gave you a glimpse of how things were when there were actually people playing and not just using turns. Right now, most people play cuz they`re been at this for years, they don`t really care, nor do they put any effort in it.

Bottom line, don`t think anything you achieve is really inpressive. Sure, maybe Blade is impressed by how 'good' the Sky states are, but, well, as they say - I`ve seen better. It`s like comparing Italy to Roman empire - sure Italy has a lot more money and military power (tanks, jets, ships), but they aren`t a percent of what the Roman empire was.
    Sure you might hold the top state record, but that`s just because of the recent updates, if it weren`t for the expanding bonus and the casher tweak, top states would rarely go above 600-700m net. And I`m not even talking about the complete lack of competition...
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

sacrilege! Don't you know that they invented netting? Hear it from the mouths of babes Next week they'll bring sliced bread into the world.

-- Very good points Max Logan, that ring very very true to any of the jaded that have been here a long long time ago. Not that any of it will be understood or accepted.

"I got this new thing, it's called a rock - it makes me L337! All fear my modern l337ness I bring you ROCK!"

-- And in some dark cave someone is designing Wheel, and perhaps a sorcery is thinking about Fire as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    Margus is a great player, there are no questions about that. He could be around at the top 15-20 best there ever was. When you compare the rest of ICN, you compare them to nowdays. I don`t know which WoW period blaa and you were playing, but Margus came to glory at the end of...idk, call it the 'real WoW', doesn`t matter. Point is, yeah, you`re good, decent, but most of you have never experienced a real fight, you`ve never been at war with a couple of hundred states and you never had to worry about being killed of the top until the few last sets. GRIM jus gave you a glimpse of how things were when there were actually people playing and not just using turns. Right now, most people play cuz they`re been at this for years, they don`t really care, nor do they put any effort in it.

Bottom line, don`t think anything you achieve is really inpressive. Sure, maybe Blade is impressed by how 'good' the Sky states are, but, well, as they say - I`ve seen better. It`s like comparing Italy to Roman empire - sure Italy has a lot more money and military power (tanks, jets, ships), but they aren`t a percent of what the Roman empire was.
    Sure you might hold the top state record, but that`s just because of the recent updates, if it weren`t for the expanding bonus and the casher tweak, top states would rarely go above 600-700m net. And I`m not even talking about the complete lack of competition...

WTF I ****ING AGREE WITH THIS PIECE OF ****

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    WTF I ****ING AGREE WITH THIS PIECE OF ****
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    sacrilege! Don't you know that they invented netting? Hear it from the mouths of babes Next week they'll bring sliced bread into the world.
    Waser and Aniara invented netting
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    Waser and Aniara invented netting
    Heresy! Burn him!

Quote Originally Posted by ccsports77 View Post
    At this point I feel like any reasons people throw out there for these wars is BS. By now a lot of it has to do with revenge and pride. Everyone wants to have the "last word" by being the initiating nation per round, so of course the nation getting initiated on won't agree to peace.

The game has been pretty much the same over the years, except for the decline of members. Administration has been trying to tweak the game for the better, so you guys should stop complaining about the "loopholes" etc, pay some respect, and give them some credit for trying. If anything, try to help fix it through measures other than war.

In the past too, there has always been states/nations that were better than others at netting, but there weren't as many wars as there are now, most likely because of the larger member base. Today's warring nation should stop taking advantage of the smaller member base in general to, as many others have said, take into consideration the future of the game as a whole. Could you honestly say that seeing states get killed off for netting well will motivate more people to play?
    I have Been playing this game for 10 years, I am aware of much of the history.

I refute you absurd claim that warring in a war game is a bad thing.

Im sure this doesnt sound familier to anyone.

If you all want to ignore the fact that players will leave a game when the see people abusing the system and cheating, then have fun playing with 50 players forever. haha

Its actually getting funny now.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.