Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a couple of thoughts

Default Just a couple of thoughts

There are two very opposed thoughts and perspectives in the game:

There are those that think that it is perfectly reasonable to only use one troop type in the game and expect all others to respect this and only attack their strong suit.

There are those that feel that it is unreasonable to make use of only one troop type and and see nothing wrong with using their troops to attack a state's weak points.

Not even considering all the underhanded things that go into either point of view and perspective, let's just look at the personality types at gravitate towards each point of view.

"Netters" have a tendency to be very astute at record keeping, efficiency projections, scheduling operations - and tend to lean towards a very elitist attitude to scorn people into accepting their way of play through projecting an image of power through net skills.

"Warmongers" have a tendency to be very good at organizing groups of people together for mass strikes, efficiently using turns to war and defend their nations - and tend to be overly aggressive and often will take rank positions as a "challenge".

Why will they never "get along"?

Well there is strong arguments for both points of view but the age old statements will always come out "you just can't net", "why don't you protect yourself?", and they will rub each other raw, as long as one projects an elitist attitude, and the other takes that as a challenge. Add to the mix the personality foibles of many, who will take E-things personally and begin to hate each other. It never ends.

For a few that seems to be their reason for playing - to find a nemesis and batter at each other each month.

Is this a bad thing? No, not really, as long as a level of respect comes into play....

And there is the rub. I have been away for awhile but it seems that the level of constant inability to respect still hangs fairly high. I don't see it changing.

Just saying. But don't mind me, I'm just a tourist.

I'm not better than anyone in this game or in real life except criminals but I also look at it this way nobody is better than me either.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

whats the point of this thread?
    icn top 3 had the most spies/sams/ships at the start of the war. One wlf guy got more ships than me, but still less than margus and lenn. So you clearly didn't attack us for hoarding one unit. I thought you attacked us because I'm so annoying person, or because I threatened to declare war, solely to kill #836 like I said on my letter.

We have no problem with not hoarding. It's other nations who get complications. You see, it's harder to get NA for 4 units, rather than 1. Our nation is well organized (netting wise), and we can gather the NA. Other nations struggle and we benefit from it.

I have no problem getting along with you, although blade promised to attack you next set, I calmed him down and we will not attack you. As far as I am concerned we can fight through this set and be done. I will not carry any grudges over to next set. We aren't interested in making peace this set, you need to try and take our #1 and #2 down, as long as we have those spots, we will do our best to defend them.

If I seem elitist or look like I think I'm 'better than you' then I'm sorry, that hasn't been my intention... I play this game for fun... like everybody else, but fun for me is doing as best as I can. Avoid mistakes from last set and get a better networth in next set. I guess you define fun differently. Doesn't matter. Lets just play the game.

The point of this thread is merely to show the differences in perceptions and attitudes that cause the problems.

blaa you are showing example of one perception as LD did as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    whats the point of this thread?
    icn top 3 had the most spies/sams/ships at the start of the war. One wlf guy got more ships than me, but still less than margus and lenn. So you clearly didn't attack us for hoarding one unit. I thought you attacked us because I'm so annoying person, or because I threatened to declare war, solely to kill #836 like I said on my letter.

We have no problem with not hoarding. It's other nations who get complications. You see, it's harder to get NA for 4 units, rather than 1. Our nation is well organized (netting wise), and we can gather the NA. Other nations struggle and we benefit from it.

I have no problem getting along with you, although blade promised to attack you next set, I calmed him down and we will not attack you. As far as I am concerned we can fight through this set and be done. I will not carry any grudges over to next set. We aren't interested in making peace this set, you need to try and take our #1 and #2 down, as long as we have those spots, we will do our best to defend them.

If I seem elitist or look like I think I'm 'better than you' then I'm sorry, that hasn't been my intention... I play this game for fun... like everybody else, but fun for me is doing as best as I can. Avoid mistakes from last set and get a better networth in next set. I guess you define fun differently. Doesn't matter. Lets just play the game.
    I have no intention of carrying this over to next set as I stated in a different Thread. Our beef is the fact that ICN has stuck their nose in GRIM's business when it didn't belong there it's started out first set back when we AAed Kenny in January blade decided to open his mouth about it when what he didn't know was we were talkin to Kenny the whole time in private message and in game Messages about it we knew we would be warred for it we would have been stupid to think otherwise which what got ICN attacked the second set. Then the third set we had the gang bang coming I understand that but then the fourth set we wanna war Lor and again ICN pokes their nose where it isn't needed so in response we decided to give the nose a bit of a thwack. GRIM's purpose in this game is to stop infantry hoarding whether it be by war or by getting p to change how the units interact we don't are how. If you don't hoard infantry you won't have a problem with us. Now you can start the argument of what do we consider hoarding we all know everyone or anyone can have a balanced war ready state within a week is that what we are asking everyone to do no but we don't want to be seein people with 56 million inf and 5 k ships and 10 k agm because that is hoarding and will be dealt with how we deam necessary. Stocking is different just sitting there with 10k spies and 100k infantry with nothin else is understamdable they aren't the ones grabbing us with nothing but infantry all there doing for theist part is expanding building or grabbing each other but don't jump at the end o the set with nothing but ships and expect to have all of em before the set ends either cause that won't happen.

In conclusion again as stated above I have no intention of carrying this over to the next set. I feel we are even. We will go about our mission next set of netting peacefully Untill we find someone hoarding
    Infantry.
    Last edited by ::LD::GrimReapr; 05-10-2012 at 09:45.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Couple more thoughts, on Netters and Warmongers.

This set we have a "war" between two archtype Nations for Netter and Warmongers. ICN and GRIM/DEAD

Now the commentary:
    ICN got into this war because of wounded pride. A few states appear to have taken great offense to situations and communication, and didn't do what you SHOULD do when you are watching the bottom line - walk away from it and out NET it. Being offended when someone makes a statement, and then trying to disprove it, so that in the end you do pull yourself into a situation where you can't prove things?

You lose.

Also it is very very bad to leave all the smaller newer members of your nation to fight wars your opinions and stances start. You had guys at the top still worried about their net position more then nation health. YES, it is very valid for the breakers to try to remain on top so that they themselves can't get broken, but seriously show some effort towards the war, you don't have to burn turns to finish but at least give the littler guys a hand. I know I wouldn't be back in a nation if they didn't commit from the top and I realized that the leaders helped create the war.

Bottom Line - protect it, don't draw fire, and by all matters adapt.
    If the environment changes for you and people tell you they will attack unprotected states, then protect your states, and out net the states.

Margus was actually well covered and netting great. I don't think it was killing him.....

Don't give people a reason to target you, NET them down, and let that speak. Don't draw fire.
    And whatever you do, leave wars dead at the end of a set.

GRIM/DEAD:

You had very nice turn out for strikes, but some of the prep for strikes wasn't there as well as it could be.
    I know there is the fear of information leaks or whatever, and you guys have been doing this long enough that you can still kill tons of stuff without the prep that COULD be done.

But imagine if the guys had an idea what they needed to get to ahead of time? So that they might have only needed to use say 50 turns to adjust to the changes between target selection and strike?

Killing efficiency uses just as specialized states as Netters.
    I saw it come out that way, but perhaps it's just you all know what each is going to do, or perhaps your enemies have been as soft as ICN for too long.

-- Huge kudos on the fact that i know you guys walk away from wars when they are done. And just want people to understand the simplest thing - don't go completely unprotected.

Wear a rubber when you net folks, it's a scary world out there!

I would be hugely pissed as a nation member and nation leader if my top two states did not help out.

Honestly, I'd HOBBLE them the next set,

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    I would be hugely pissed as a nation member and nation leader if my top two states did not help out.
    tbf they are helping out with attacks. Would be a bit pointless having them waste all their 300 turns to kill states between the two of them when its much more effective to store
    turns until they have like 5-7 restarts who could help out in a combined strike with them as breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

its gonna take alot of turns to take those two down.