View Poll Results: Is Money Laundering Acceptable?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Maybe we should all do it

5 35.71%
  • No - It is an abuse of the system

8 57.14%
  • What do I care about community, fairness, and new members?

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Money Laundering in Nation Wars

Default Money Laundering in Nation Wars

We all Understand that money Laundering in reality is illegal, its a way of cheating the system.

I'd like to know everyones opinion on this issue.

When one or more state re-sells all of its military repeatedly this feeds money in to the national bank.

By doing this The nation can have a much lower tax than needed, A nation can have a tax rate of 5% and have the Tech and National Army of a nation with a tax rate of 20%.

This allows a few chosen states within that nation to excel, with an unfair advantage.

At the time only a few players participate in such actions.

A New player that might come to this game would have absolutely no chance of competing with a nation that takes these unfair advantages.

In order for them to be competitive, (which is the fun part of most games) they would need to adopt a similar strategy.

If I was a new player and I was forced to adopt a money laundering strategy in order to compete, I would likely leave the game fairly quickly, and find a game that is constructed more fairly.

The question I pose is this:

Is money laundering in nation wars considered acceptable play?
    Last edited by -Z-; 05-16-2012 at 15:34.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

If it turns out to be unacceptable within the game, how would you fix this?

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    If it turns out to be unacceptable within the game, how would you fix this?
    This is the real question.

We could return the sale time for goods back to 6-8 hours, or whatever it was. we could even goto 12 hours...

We could put a limit on sales, of 1 sale per day.

We could make it so that you were unable to buy your Own Goods back from the market.

These are some quick ideas...

Likely there must be some solution, if we all thought about it as a community, I am only 1 man.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

So "Money Laundering" is states sacrificing a chance of a good finish in order to benefit the rest of the tag? That's not too different to the old days where you would have a techer or two for every nation. While I can see why people don't like it, I don't have a problem with this in principle.

ya its really no different like will said from the old days when you could donate tech to the nation...

Really any nation can do this, so I don't think its an unfair advantage like you say, its more of a we can do it so we will do it thing.

now how to fix it.

Don't let nations buy army from the public market.
    Have the tax rate be the only way an army is drafted.
    Nations can only buy tech from the market.
    ummmm
    Lower the tax on the sold goods...Have it so sold goods only put in 5% while producing goods puts in 20% or whatever the tax is.

just a few ideas. spin em how you want

Only allowing NA through draft will thoroughly screw non-indy nations. Stopping nations buying off the PM is probably the best solution out of those.

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    ya its really no different like will said from the old days when you could donate tech to the nation...

Really any nation can do this, so I don't think its an unfair advantage like you say, its more of a we can do it so we will do it thing.

now how to fix it.

Don't let nations buy army from the public market.
    Have the tax rate be the only way an army is drafted.
    Nations can only buy tech from the market.
    ummmm
    Lower the tax on the sold goods...Have it so sold goods only put in 5% while producing goods puts in 20% or whatever the tax is.

just a few ideas. spin em how you want

thanks for the ideas Ang. It might come down to which of these ideas are plausible to implement.

I agree with what you and Will said, in tht it is no diferent than the old days, except now it requires some thought and sneakiness. There is nothing in the manual or instructions about this strategy.

When a new player comes to join a game, they will usually give it a chance if they like the game. Maybe they will take a few sets to learn the ins and outs.

Once they learn how to play, they would expect to be competitive, otherwise they may leave.

If this is something that IS acceptable maybe we should consider re-instating the techer feeder states option, so that we all at least know about it, and its a level playing field.

Z

It's just like Real life money laundering is illegal and shouldn't be used By any leader with morals but we all know how that goes. I'm sure if You take a poll and actually receive honest answers on who does this you would prolly have 2 maybe 3 nations I'm guessing 2. I'll leave it at that since I'm am trying To be more Civil on the forums.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

on teams there is superstars, and non superstars. The superstars usually score with assist from the non superstars. The non superstars are happy to help because it lifts the whole team. It sounds like your looking for a team of equally skilled players which does not exist. Many times a pawn will be sacraficed to save the king.

I get what your saying Z, and I get why you would be mad, but I dont think its a major loophole, and I dont think its illegal. We have to be extremely careful about how the market works around here because it drives the entire game and the fact that the market fluxes is the heart and sole of the game and the different strats.

What I do love about this game, is that a nation who can identify this issue can form an opinion and certainly reserves the right to level the nation who is doing it.

The market was recently changed to allow faster sales becuase of lack in membership and lack of items on the market. Many states cant use turns, or get high NW with out a fast market.

-Z-, what happens if it is a close ally who does it? Is it still wrong?

Just wondering as Found and Cultivated from LoR has been doing it all set.