View Poll Results: Is Money Laundering Acceptable?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Maybe we should all do it

5 35.71%
  • No - It is an abuse of the system

8 57.14%
  • What do I care about community, fairness, and new members?

1 7.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Money Laundering in Nation Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    tbf i dont really have an issue with this (not least of all because I believe I had such help when I won in my 5 man tag...but even then the person who was doing it finished top3 and because I've helped others do this too). its commendable that they repeatedly find players who are willing to put enough time in to contribute to the nation but not too much that it makes it a real loss for them to do this. fact is if you want to win a set you have to be organized and plan things. you can't just wing it randomly doing **** grabs OOP and then hoping your little first 5 day jump is going to get you the win. bottom line is - instead of criticizing them each nation should easily be able to have atleast 1-2 players who are semi active and there to help the tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeEWG View Post
    Since there is nothing being done that any other tag or player can't do I can't see how it is illegal.
    There are some very skilled players in this game(not me) that know what to do and do so.
    if its the same capability that everyone else has then its just basically down to skill level and co ordination.
    the Estonians are very good at it, just as they were at Sky before

Talking with blaa and margus just wants me to move to a closer time zone
    I have to agree with these posts as well. Everyone knows it takes a nation to win a set, otherwise you would see untagged states winning. I see no issue with what they are doing as for a long time now I have not worried about my own finish but the nation and members. I am a supporter of the nation and my turns help whoever is on top from my nation. This game is set up to emulate an economy and is interactive in a way that what you do either helps or hinders your nation. Selling all your military while being high in land actually hurts your ability to help because if you are caught low you get raped for land, ain't that right 33?

If you want to use this as a reason to war a certain nation, then war them. But just like GRIM coming in here trying to change the mechanics of the game simply because they don't like how someone plays is wrong, saying that someone sacrificing their own state to benefit their nation is wrong.

Sorry, I can't agree with the premise that it is feeding, not to mention it was determined long ago that feeding in that way is not against TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    If you want to use this as a reason to war a certain nation, then war them. But just like GRIM coming in here trying to change the mechanics of the game simply because they don't like how someone plays is wrong, saying that someone sacrificing their own state to benefit their nation is wrong.

Sorry, I can't agree with the premise that it is feeding, not to mention it was determined long ago that feeding in that way is not against TOS.

Same thing can be said for everytime you get on the forums and spout off something like:....

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    If I find the idiot undercutting, I will make it so you don't sell anymore. THis I promise you!!!

Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth...pfft.

@dogma, i didn't do it all set long, i sold my army during the last 13-12 days to help Ang101 on NA.. you can't compete on someone with 900k lvl1 spies, 250M inf, 1M SAMs and 10M ships.. so i decided to sell and boost our NA, thought Ang101 still had the shot.. and yeah you will be raped doing this, but if you do it right, getting those land back is easy.. which i didn't actually

On the poll question: i'm 50/50 on this.. because if you are on a small tag, selling your army can be very helpful..
    [LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post
    Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth...pfft.
    LOL on that one, im sure Im guilty of it too
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 05-17-2012 at 22:47.

It Is looking like maybe we should all be doing this if we want to have an even playing field.

So I might begin it myself...

Its too bad for the new players that will likely either not know about it, or see it as cheating in some way, and leave the game.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    It Is looking like maybe we should all be doing this if we want to have an even playing field.

Its too bad for the new players that will likely either not know about it, or see it as cheating in some way, and leave the game.

Z
    I doubt most new players will notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by kitoy View Post
    @dogma, i didn't do it all set long, i sold my army during the last 13-12 days to help Ang101 on NA.. you can't compete on someone with 900k lvl1 spies, 250M inf, 1M SAMs and 10M ships.. so i decided to sell and boost our NA, thought Ang101 still had the shot.. and yeah you will be raped doing this, but if you do it right, getting those land back is easy.. which i didn't actually

On the poll question: i'm 50/50 on this.. because if you are on a small tag, selling your army can be very helpful..
    Your 20$ should arrive in the mail later next week for boosting the NA for me

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post

Z
    considering you waste a lot of WLF NA with your grabs, I think this decision just made WLF more competitive Netting wise xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Maybe its a necessary evil? I do it a lot in nations when I'm in a netting set and don't have as much time to pursue a high rank- oftentimes I'm more than glad to function as a NA battery since top guys grabbing will put a drain on the NA otherwise- I just bottomfeed like a lazy catfish and drop a huge chunk of army every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I doubt most new players will notice it.
    not likely. They will continue to come and go as they always have.

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.