Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Suicide on nhn

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    What I am saying is it started with you guys *****ing about people having no defense at all. Under your original no attempt at defending policy sure my state last set deserved to get hit. But now your policy has morphed when you attacked nhn who was simply upgrading ships that he had previously. You waited till they where on the market to strike or you would have done it earlier. Your policy was originally being used to get people to play with defense, now its being used for you to make power grabs. You say now that having 5k ships is enough to dissuade you from attacking. My point is whats stopping you from deciding thats not enough defense and keep upping the stakes every time you want to knock a top player down. What your now advocating is the use of war time attacks outside of a war any time it may benefit your nations interests.

edit: spelling
    Where exactly is it written that these are war attacks???? I've used SA during wartime, is that a "war attack"???

Just a Lonely Mexican Trying to Sell Oranges
    DEAD-6 THIK-1 ICN-1 On My Own-1
    Total kills-14

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If that were true other top 10 states would have been hit by now.
    not necessarily true, they saw he member count in LoR as the best calculated risk to strike. The other states in the top 10 have more protection by having more members hence provoking one of these larger nations would lead to a long drawn out conflict like the last two sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    So it's random SAs when someone says "HA, less INF then me, I will hit him?"

Seriously all the attacks are available all the time. A long time ago some individuals set up what they felt was right and dictated to everyone else what was an acceptable response. It has NOT been good for the health of the game at all. Seriously think about it. It was done to allow some people to keep a higher position vs others without recourse.

You act as if someone telling you that they will AA you IF you are DEFENSELESS in AA protection is them trying to FORCE you to change how you play. I think it's more that they are letting you know what they will do. How you react is up to you. But the constant whining and crying over the past decade plus about it has gotten beyond stale.

Get over it.

In general to everyone.
    To be fair to the people who originally set up the "unwritten rules" I don't believe infantry hoarding was anywhere near as common as it is now, so they weren't abusing things as much. I don't ever remember seeing high ranked states back in the day with literally no AA/AR defense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstink View Post
    Where exactly is it written that these are war attacks???? I've used SA during wartime, is that a "war attack"???
    "Attack Types

Standard Attack (SA)

This is the main attack. This pits all your offensive units against all your opponent's defensive units. The result is you steal a certain amount of land from whoever you attack based on (There land/Your land)*(There land*.13) Then 30% less for every hit in the last 36 hours. This is what we call land grabbing. The Standard Attack is very important in this game because the more land and buildings you have, the more income/military/food/technology you will produce depending on what strategy you have chosen to use. All other attacks are used during war ONLY.

WAR Attacks

Ground Attack (GA)

This attack uses Infantry and Tanks vs Infantry and Tanks. If you are victorious your opponent will lose a percentage of their population, food and SAM units. Using this attack repeatly can kill a state by reducing their population to 0.

Air Raid (AR)

This attack uses jets vs jets and SAMs and destroys a percentage of the enemies Missiles, Bombers and Jets.

Amphibious Assault (AA)

This attack uses ships vs ships. If you are victorious it destroys a portion of their tanks and infantry, and also lowers their readiness by a random amount, however it will not decrease past about 15%. This attack does not kill, but helps to reduce the amount of troops needed to be victorious in an AR or GA.

Bombing Run (BR)

This attack uses Bombers vs Jets & SAMs. If you succeed with this attack you will destroy a percentage of your enemy's land (1.4% average). BRs kill people by reducing their land to 0, there is a minimum amount of land destroyed each attack (roughly 25 acres).

Missile Strike (MS)

This attack uses Missiles vs SAMs. If the Strike is successful you will destroy a percentage of the enemies buildings and population while also lowering their readiness levels."

direct copy past from the game manual

not necessarily true, they saw he member count in LoR as the best calculated risk to strike. The other states in the top 10 have more protection by having more members hence provoking one of these larger nations would lead to a long drawn out conflict like the last two sets.
    Possibly, but I don't see DEAD backing down that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    To be fair to the people who originally set up the "unwritten rules" I don't believe infantry hoarding was anywhere near as common as it is now, so they weren't abusing things as much. I don't ever remember seeing high ranked states back in the day with literally no AA/AR defense at all.
    Indeed. The current "netters" merely have tweaked what they saw in the past and have used inertia as reinforcement of their abuse.

Status quo is such a powerful tool.

"Attack Types

Standard Attack (SA)

This is the main attack. This pits all your offensive units against all your opponent's defensive units. The result is you steal a certain amount of land from whoever you attack based on (There land/Your land)*(There land*.13) Then 30% less for every hit in the last 36 hours. This is what we call land grabbing. The Standard Attack is very important in this game because the more land and buildings you have, the more income/military/food/technology you will produce depending on what strategy you have chosen to use. All other attacks are used during war ONLY.

WAR Attacks

Ground Attack (GA)

This attack uses Infantry and Tanks vs Infantry and Tanks. If you are victorious your opponent will lose a percentage of their population, food and SAM units. Using this attack repeatly can kill a state by reducing their population to 0.

Air Raid (AR)

This attack uses jets vs jets and SAMs and destroys a percentage of the enemies Missiles, Bombers and Jets.

Amphibious Assault (AA)

This attack uses ships vs ships. If you are victorious it destroys a portion of their tanks and infantry, and also lowers their readiness by a random amount, however it will not decrease past about 15%. This attack does not kill, but helps to reduce the amount of troops needed to be victorious in an AR or GA.

Bombing Run (BR)

This attack uses Bombers vs Jets & SAMs. If you succeed with this attack you will destroy a percentage of your enemy's land (1.4% average). BRs kill people by reducing their land to 0, there is a minimum amount of land destroyed each attack (roughly 25 acres).

Missile Strike (MS)

This attack uses Missiles vs SAMs. If the Strike is successful you will destroy a percentage of the enemies buildings and population while also lowering their readiness levels."

direct copy past from the game manual
    Oh man... my bad! quick roll eveybody back!! The game is flawed! Quickly somebody get me another mod!!! The game let one of DEADs members use an attack that apparently can only be used in times of war!! OMG!!! I just read all that and it clearly states that those attacks should and only ever be used during war times! Not even Jesus Christ himself should ever, EVER, and I repeat EVER use those attacks out side of WARTIMES!

Total kills-14

What I am saying is it started with you guys *****ing about people having no defense at all. Under your original no attempt at defending policy sure my state last set deserved to get hit. But now your policy has morphed when you attacked nhn who was simply upgrading ships that he had previously. You waited till they where on the market to strike or you would have done it earlier. Your policy was originally being used to get people to play with defense, now its being used for you to make power grabs. You say now that having 5k ships is enough to dissuade you from attacking. My point is whats stopping you from deciding thats not enough defense and keep upping the stakes every time you want to knock a top player down. What your now advocating is the use of war time attacks outside of a war any time it may benefit your nations interests.

edit: spelling
    Yea I had nothing better to do with my time I don't have a full time Job or 2 kids playing baseball on 2 different teams. I could sit around all day long and randomly spy op NHN till he put ships on the market so I could AA him seriously you need to think things through a little more than that. He could have kept 5 k of those ships till those others sold to upgrade the same way everyone else does it.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by bigstink View Post
    Oh man... my bad! quick roll eveybody back!! The game is flawed! Quickly somebody get me another mod!!! The game let one of DEADs members use an attack that apparently can only be used in times of war!! OMG!!! I just read all that and it clearly states that those attacks should and only ever be used during war times! Not even Jesus Christ himself should ever, EVER, and I repeat EVER use those attacks out side of WARTIMES!

You can be sarcastic now that you where shown where it was written like you asked. It is not my fault you are ignorant and incapable of reading the manual of the game you play. I dont care if you follow the rules or not I play this game between work and school, is it fustrating sure, but is it the end of the world no.

Quote Originally Posted by ::LD::GrimReapr View Post
    Yea I had nothing better to do with my time I don't have a full time Job or 2 kids playing baseball on 2 different teams. I could sit around all day long and randomly spy op NHN till he put ships on the market so I could AA him seriously you need to think things through a little more than that. He could have kept 5 k of those ships till those others sold to upgrade the same way everyone else does it.
    You obviously knew he had ships before he put them on the market as can be seen by your responses to previous posts. And figuring out that he put them on the market would have not been difficult seeing as he probably was not selling them at minimum and they would sit for awhile so assuming you spy oped him once a day (seeing as how often your on to post that is a rational assumption) you would have easlily been able to tell. While I take you guys for *******s i dont think your completely incompetent ...well mabey pedro

You can be sarcastic now that you where shown where it was written like you asked. It is not my fault you are ignorant and incapable of reading the manual of the game you play. I dont care if you follow the rules or not I play this game between work and school, is it fustrating sure, but is it the end of the world no.

You obviously knew he had ships before he put them on the market as can be seen by your responses to previous posts. And figuring out that he put them on the market would have not been difficult seeing as he probably was not selling them at minimum and they would sit for awhile so assuming you spy oped him once a day (seeing as how often your on to post that is a rational assumption) you would have easlily been able to tell. While I take you guys for *******s i dont think your completely incompetent ...well mabey pedro
    ignorant-yes, incapable of reading-no not really, sarcastic-90% of the time, follow the rules-well I'm not banned yet so I guess I have been. Show me where it is clearly written thst anybody in DEAD violated ay rules in this game. Please, take your time. I understand you're busy with school and work. Please take you're time finding a catchy response to this that isn't filled with all kinds of holes like swiss cheese, please take your time, we understand that you're frustrated because you can't log in 5 minutes a day, cash your turns and buy all kinds of infantry with out the fear of us killing your weak *** state!
    My question to you is... did your nation give you the priv that allows you to declare??? Its a simple solution to your arguement. Please, take your time, put on your big boy panties, and do something about it.

Total kills-14