Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Made vs USA

yeap maggio summed it up

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    no offense to anyone with the following...

1. The USA just got utterly and completely owned hands down and they should concede and be the "bigger nation" and wish Anton and MADE the best and congratulate them on their victory and make certain that this does not carry over to future sets.

2. Holy crap, my hat off to you Anton WOW, you killed it. Good Job for real.

3. USA did seem to rest on their reputation in the last few sets IMO and others as well.

4. USA made this outoftheway post about who the leader is and blablabla, but yet I havent seen one post from the P or VP of the USA so I say again, Mr. P is the leader so what is the point of claiming otherwise.
    Thanks Maggio

Tbf when I sent Mr P my ceasefire & rebuild offer he did reply saying he is not leader of USA and I should send it to Ranger and Crimson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I am the elected spokes person for USA.. That is why you don't hear much from Ranger. When I was leading there were many times when I would make a speech, but Ranger isn't me and has his own way. I only do it so I can stay involved with things the best I can. Most of my time is spent behind the scenes so It's nice to be able to join in once in awhile. As I said many times, MADE had a great FS and a follow up strike after that. None of us had great defenses so it wasn't hard to knock us off. I was toying with the top 3 states making them work a little harder for their spots so I was running a little light in defenses compared to what I normally do. I wouldn't say that we rested on our reputation as much as I would say we just got lazy. The nations we predicted to war us didn't and the one we never dreamed would hit us (due to years of friendship) did.. It is what it is and there are times when it's actually good for a nation to get stung pretty good.. It brings out the vengeance that normally gets hidden away after several sets of peace time. The war isn't over.. We didn't even strike back yet. Guess we'll see what our leaders plan to do in a time like this.. But let me make this clear one last time. I AM NOT THE LEADER. I only play in the nation. Even though it says leader next to my name, I have no power to make any decisions within the nation. I give advice but it's Ranger's and the other leaders call to make. PERIOD!!!

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    no offense to anyone with the following...

1. The USA just got utterly and completely owned hands down and they should concede and be the "bigger nation" and wish Anton and MADE the best and congratulate them on their victory and make certain that this does not carry over to future sets.

2. Holy crap, my hat off to you Anton WOW, you killed it. Good Job for real.

3. USA did seem to rest on their reputation in the last few sets IMO and others as well.

4. USA made this outoftheway post about who the leader is and blablabla, but yet I havent seen one post from the P or VP of the USA so I say again, Mr. P is the leader so what is the point of claiming otherwise.
    The usa have been good but they lost this on,.... and yes what he said ^ but i must also ad that mr president is a old vet and as such he will always play a role in the nation he is in no matter what as it should be
    Last edited by svend forkbeard; 06-12-2012 at 20:47.
    I am the one the goes "Bump" in the night

okok #4 was meant to poke a bit, but it would have been nice to hear from ranger or the vp too. Ranger must be so pissed right now he may not even want to say much as far as we all know.

on #3 the official message i got from the usa regarding BT involvement with EoJ seemed pretty big and bad, and BT had the chance last set, but shoulda coulda woulda DIDNT (and not talking about the last few days). I dont play for this set, I play for sets to come.

I make sure not to carry over grudges, and if Anton wanted too i guess he could hammer every restart to the ground until it got boring (which it will). Seems meaningless.

in the big picture you have MADE nad USA, (anton is leaving next set for a while), but then you also have ICN, LOR, DEAD, etc.... this game is about to erupt IMO and carrying this over to the next set will just basically have the USA picking a side. By stepping away now, I think the USA would have a great chance as being/continuing to be a moderator ingame. I think NW needs that right now. This whole infhoarder/beancounter thing is about to get out of hand and I favored the USA's position as the elephant in the room so to speak.

Yea Ranger is pretty pissed.. I can remain calm cause this all went down on someone else watch You would have heard more from Dogma but he has been tied up with dealing with his RL issues. As for our VP, well I'm not sure why he isn't posting anything. Maybe Ranger asked him not to... Who knows.

I think most people gauge USA on when I was running it. People got use to how I was and several close bonds were formed. I don't if it's Ranger who hasn't gotten out and meet and greet with people or if it's the other way around.. Either way USA is ran by a different person now and of course a new person will run things differently. I don't always agree with every decision but I respect those who lead and make decisions. Plus, I asked my members to follow my orders so it's only fair for me to do the same when I am not leading.

I agree about the game erupting. I have seen it coming for a few sets now. I actually enjoy it. It's nice to see some action set after set again. It's also nice to log on the game and see 20+ people online most of the time. Same for the forums.. We have had 10+ people on a lot the past few sets.

As for our position. I think we will remain the same however I also think you'll see us a little more aggressive at protecting ourselves. USA learned a valuable lesson this set and I can only hope it burns in the memories of our members. Too many sets we have been lucky. We have not been prepared and any nation that hit us could have done severe damage. I am hoping that will change and we will revert to past ways of being war ready at a moments notice.

Let's be honest though. I think it's harder today to protect yourself than ever before. There are way too many things going on within the game today and a lot of avenues you have to keep an eye on. Perhaps I'm older, but it just seems harder today than ever before.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Mr P I really hope you dont see this as a burning of bridges in a friendship. I can easily see myself coming to USAs aid in a set or two. As I mentioned in my post to the USA leaders:

Sky - has a really good set going. No reason to deny them top3 finishes. They have really good, well defended states. They deserve this set.
    DEAD - They clearly had **** coming to them from LoR, no way I'm doing LoRs dirty work.
    UB - high concentration of n00bs with weaker leadership (imo)
    ICN - Farmer n00bs. im not really part of this blaa vs dead issue.
    WLF - come on, my home, my family. no chance ever.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    Mr P I really hope you dont see this as a burning of bridges in a friendship. I can easily see myself coming to USAs aid in a set or two. As I mentioned in my post to the USA leaders:

Sky - has a really good set going. No reason to deny them top3 finishes. They have really good, well defended states. They deserve this set.
    DEAD - They clearly had **** coming to them from LoR, no way I'm doing LoRs dirty work.
    Dear USA,

Please concede so that Anton allows me to net instead of stocking turns for the war.

Yours sincerley

Benji - the netting carebear

20:00:46-2012/06/10 Mafiosi[Made] has declared war on America[USA]

BR Johnny Torrio(#952)[Made] crazyplace(#970)[USA] 1 Land / 1 Buildings 04:36:25-2012/06/13

From start to finish it took just over 54 hours to wipe out the USA. You can count this as "under 48hours" if you consider the fact that over 18 hours of it was spent waiting for a reply on a ceasefire offering .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post

I understand what your saying, MADE had to make its bones somehow, and why not walk up to the "biggest and baddest" guy on the playground in knock him out.