Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DEAD vs. USA

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    and your working on an upgrade to the Personal Message system? thats like worrying about replacing a lightbulb while your ship is sinking. (that was meant to offend but not personally just some harsh critism)

my suggestion there would be to make restarts stronger NOT make killing states harder.
    restarts are ridiculously strong. Blaas 3rd state for example will probably finish in top20-30. Granted not everyone can do it as easily, but restarts can gain land and production REALLY fast. After that they just need to know what unit to upgrade and go 100percent on it from the outset. DaK had a war restart strat that had states have like several million lvl4 jets 300-500 turns OOP. Similarly now states can easily get 2-3m bombers fast and thats enough to help a breaker finish a kill. Its not about making restarts stronger, its more about better organization. If a player is left to restart by himself he could end up spending days before he bothers helping in the conflict again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    If you want war, come to America. We need a little help to beat GRIM. Apply
    to America and you could be accepted. You guys are powerful. Add that to us.

Big Al The Great
    RE:

So im guessing your new to NW... I would never join USA... I would recommend
    you stop msging ppl like this... Know who you takling to next time!!!!

Zooter
    RE:

y not?

Big Al The Great
    RE:

WHy do i have to explain myself to you? buzz off

Zooter
    RE:

you say you would never join. There has to be a reason. Are you afraid of
    dieing? Coward.

Big Al The Great
    RE:

You know wat i do feel like warring..... See you on the battlefield...

Zooter

there you go dogma

What a great way to work with new members and convince them to stick around.. We should all tell them to buzz off.. It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling when being told that.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    what happened? did you guys let your guard down? I remember back when I was intelling USA non stop for the first week or two expecting a hit, most of your guys (except a few) were always playing on 250-300 + turns at all time.

also, Nball...how do you feel about being called cannon fodder? pfft, you deserve more than that!
    The night before I told everyone to use up there turns. We had held on to full turns for so long I wanted them to use em and build up some more. It's just one of those bad timing things I guess..

Organization is key however getting people online to strike is what matters. We do only have about 6 core players and when you take out the majority of them you can't really strike back. We have managed a few kills and I'm happy to see that. We don't have much to work with as our main states are dead.

Lets not get overly cocky here people.. Just cause we haven't done too well the past 2 wars doesn't mean much. What about the countless wars/sets that USA was the powerhouse? We all know each nation takes rotations at the top. I'm pretty sure in short time we'll have our turn again

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

wanted to mention a few things.

1 we ran our war chat via text message because the ingame chat room didnt work when we tried to set it up, so make sure you set up your chat room on day one, not on the day of the strike. I refuse to use MSN anymore.

2 everyone has everyone cell number now, so it really reflects on stonewalling etc...

3 speaking of cell phones, some real advances in teh game need to made on a mobile platform. alomst every site I am involved with now adays at least 25% of the traffic is from a cell phone this should be 2nd or 3rd priority over anything else.

I played our second strike all via cell phone a mobile version would be grearlt appreciated

As much as I refuse to get a smartphone, I do have to admit that being able to text back and forth is what made me survive the multiple kill attempts on my state last set.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    what happened? did you guys let your guard down? I remember back when I was intelling USA non stop for the first week or two expecting a hit, most of your guys (except a few) were always playing on 250-300 + turns at all time.

also, Nball...how do you feel about being called cannon fodder? pfft, you deserve more than that!
    to be honest, i was expecting to be in that pile of crap category. The cannon fodder seems like a step up for me,
    Nations
    [usa] x 48[wlf] x 8 [want] x 3 [tng] x 1 [NS] x 8 [px] x
    1 [HuuF] x 1

Talk about selling yourself short.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    If you want war, come to America. We need a little help to beat GRIM. Apply
    to America and you could be accepted. You guys are powerful. Add that to us.

Big Al The Great
    RE:

So im guessing your new to NW... I would never join USA... I would recommend
    you stop msging ppl like this... Know who you takling to next time!!!!

Zooter
    RE:

y not?

Big Al The Great
    RE:

WHy do i have to explain myself to you? buzz off

Zooter
    RE:

you say you would never join. There has to be a reason. Are you afraid of
    dieing? Coward.

Big Al The Great
    RE:

You know wat i do feel like warring..... See you on the battlefield...

Zooter

there you go dogma
    Just as you said Hoebs, This guy has been in the game maybe a week or so and was only in our nation for 2 days. He DIDN'T know who he was talking to and he didn't know that we don't go around asking for tag jumpers. So you saying that USA was asking for help, you are again wrong.

These things will be cleared up with him upcoming. Now if someone wants to ***** about the people we have had joining during the war, just look at their states, they are brand new people and were warned about us being in a war and it was also recommended to them to wait until next set. But insisted they wanted in so we let them. NO one that we took in had more than a 1M nw and all had mixed strats so it is quite obvious that they are new players.
    Last edited by Dogma; 07-25-2012 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    IMO USA's problem isn't so much player skill as simple organisation. With the numbers advantage they have they should have bounced back against DEAD (and MADE last set). But you can have the 10 best players in the game and it won't count for a thing if you can't get them all to participate in strikes. That is where MADE/Bratva have the edge currently. DEAD is somewhere inbetween from what I've seen.
    What part of people not even reading their in game messages are you having trouble with Will? If someone won't even open their in game messages, how do you propose organizing them? Now is the time I wish we could kick people during war time.

USA will be a much smaller nation next set as we will not have people in the nation who care more about their states than they do the nation as this is what comes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    What part of people not even reading their in game messages are you having trouble with Will? If someone won't even open their in game messages, how do you propose organizing them? Now is the time I wish we could kick people during war time.

USA will be a much smaller nation next set as we will not have people in the nation who care more about their states than they do the nation as this is what comes from it.
    Well, ingame messages aren't the only way to organise people. How many of them are on MSN or other messengers? Make it clear as soon as they join the nation that ignoring important ingame or other messages won't be tolerated.