Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBOX VS PS3

Question XBOX VS PS3

My 13 and 9 yr old need a good xmas present. what should I get the xbox 360 or ps3? please reply below.

depends what they want to do...I'd get a ps3. Then you dont have to pay any fees if they wanna do any online stuff. But xbox has more kid oriented games i think

I would also recommend a ps3, some advantages it has:

- removable hard disk, so you can replace it for a bigger one (standard 2.5 inch sata)
    - you can watch Blue-ray movies and it supports 1080p
    - has better output for sound, also has optical out which is the best (like combined with logitech speakers
    - ps3 has more horse power is general
    - its controlers feel more natural

What sort of games do they like?

Maggio, buy then PS3. Then it's also for you ;-)

Games like Rachet and Clank (must have) and Littlebigplanet are loads of fun. If you got an old PS2 you can play those games aswell ;-).

Gr,

Dennis

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I would also recommend a ps3, some advantages it has:

- removable hard disk, so you can replace it for a bigger one (standard 2.5 inch sata)
    - you can watch Blue-ray movies and it supports 1080p
    - has better output for sound, also has optical out which is the best (like combined with logitech speakers
    - ps3 has more horse power is general
    - its controlers feel more natural
    I am pretty sure that my XB360 has an easily replaceable(push-pull) hard drive, plays 1080p movies without a glitch and supports 5.1 AUDIO through optical plus I have it connected to my domestic sync server where I have all the good music and movies backed up. This more or less turns the XB into a hometheater with 2TB of HD
    Not sure how PS3 and XB360 compare in performance, but so far my XB has not suffered any performance issues. But I agree on the controllers. XB controllers need some time to get used with, but KINECT is a blast and from my experience works a lot smoother than PS's MOVE. So yeah, it's up to what you want to play/do with your console. If you're after FPS experience, I'd choose PS3, if you want good motion-games and full home cinema setup then XB. My 14 and 11 yo neeces still seem to enjoy the motion-games's experience that the XB I bought them for last Chrismas offers.

For as far as i know xbox360 only support microsoft based hdd's, which u might guess are expensive.
    Movies are 1080p, but games on xbox are 720p?
    I didnt knew an xbox also has optical.

Basically its Halo Vs God of War....

My vote goes for God of War...PS3 it is

But seriously... God of War.

PS3 are also less complicated when buying.. the xbox is like xbox, xbox elite, xbox arcade etc etc... then gold live, silver live etc...

PS3 is buy and use (just be sure to get God of War)

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    For as far as i know xbox360 only support microsoft based hdd's, which u might guess are expensive.
    Movies are 1080p, but games on xbox are 720p?
    I didnt knew an xbox also has optical.
    You can use other HDDs(WD has some nifty ones that even fit into SLIM adapters) too, but then you need an adapter that you can get on eBay for less than 10$.
    XB360 is fully capable of 1080p, but majority of the non-M$ games are on 720p.
    Optical I need to double-check

EDIT: Optical SPDIF right next to the HDMI
    Last edited by ukurasmus; 09-03-2012 at 19:40. Reason: had a look at mine

I wanted the blue ray and thought the unit looks better...

i heard the connect is better on the xbox and my wife wants that part...

we have a wii, and we have tons of wii games, but now they are getting into sports games and FPS so the wii is really lacking in graphics overall.