Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 days in the set and ...

Default 6 days in the set and ...

And it seems that upgrading isn't needed.

In the top 10 hardly any state except for the USA states are upgraded. It would seem that infantry at level 8 is the thing you need for the first 10 days to win a set and get up top.

And you people wonder why you get suicided? If I want I can spy op kill every infantry hoarding state and grab them, but i won't.

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

Quote Originally Posted by DBozMen View Post
    It would seem that infantry at level 8 is the thing you need for the first 10 days to win a set and get up top.
    That's correct. This is how you achieve best possible NW on day 28

Quote Originally Posted by ukurasmus View Post
    That's correct. This is how you achieve best possible NW on day 28
    When i was playing actively we were fully upgraded and stocked for war at day 6. Now the only way is to hoard infantry.... where is the challenge in that?

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

its not about just hoarding infantry.

It's a calculated time of when to jump.
    When to upgrade to stay the highest and when to make the right grabs.
    Also how much hoarding you need to do on your jump so you can break the top guy that is already hoarding. (This can be fixed with a new unit vs unit attack)

If its so easy like you say why aren't more poeple challenging for the top spot. Really though its about not blowing your money early on upgrading ships and agms. You spend 540 mil upgrading infantry which isnt too much but 1.4 bil and 900 mil early on to upgrade ships and agms....when this equals about 2.5 mil net in infantry had you bought those instead (not to mention the grabs you could be making instead of doing nothing but upgrade for ~60 turns on ships and agms)

So ya we hoard early...but we hoard out of necessity and the fact that it's not advantagous to upgrade quickly because then you are way behind. If we want to fix this we have to fix how the units interact in fights

if 500k lvl 8 ships let me defend against 20 mil inf better. than maybe i'd think about splurging 1.4 bil earlier to upgrade them

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    its not about just hoarding infantry.

It's a calculated time of when to jump.
    When to upgrade to stay the highest and when to make the right grabs.
    Also how much hoarding you need to do on your jump so you can break the top guy that is already hoarding. (This can be fixed with a new unit vs unit attack)

If its so easy like you say why aren't more poeple challenging for the top spot. Really though its about not blowing your money early on upgrading ships and agms. You spend 540 mil upgrading infantry which isnt too much but 1.4 bil and 900 mil early on to upgrade ships and agms....when this equals about 2.5 mil net in infantry had you bought those instead (not to mention the grabs you could be making instead of doing nothing but upgrade for ~60 turns on ships and agms)

So ya we hoard early...but we hoard out of necessity and the fact that it's not advantagous to upgrade quickly because then you are way behind. If we want to fix this we have to fix how the units interact in fights

if 500k lvl 8 ships let me defend against 20 mil inf better. than maybe i'd think about splurging 1.4 bil earlier to upgrade them
    this pretty much. if your going for top1, upgrades are only a consideration when you've calculated that all potential other top1 stocker jumpers / top states cant catch you if they continue going 100percent inf...plus preferably done when tax is dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by DBozMen View Post
    When i was playing actively we were fully upgraded and stocked for war at day 6. Now the only way is to hoard infantry.... where is the challenge in that?
    Exactly!

And this is why people get AAed. Jump away with nothing but infantry a few AAs take care of that infantry hoarding issue. then all that saved money by not upgrading just got pissed away.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

ok sure. but your missing the point. It can be fixed and hopefully it will be by the changes soon.

not by this AA bull<edit> and infantry hoarding you guys call foul on all the time. People will stay push the "new norm" you guys are trying to impose so they finish first. Because upgrading ships and agm early is a death sentence when going for the number 1 spot. It can't be done.
    Last edited by Dogma; 09-08-2012 at 09:07. Reason: language

Calm down killer, It can be done if EVERYONE upgrades ships and AGM. It has to be everyone though.

Anyway, I'm with you that hopefully this will be fixed with the possible changes.

Edit: One more thing. You and others can say it's "bull<edit>" what Grim is talking about but take note that Grim is NOT the only ones that feel the way they do about this subject. Also I say "talking about" because this has been going on for how many months now? & how many people have been AA'ed for hoarding? To me it's just a bunch of jibber jabber to make the forums look busy. Just my opiniion.
    Last edited by Dogma; 09-08-2012 at 09:07. Reason: language

I'm calm. Just stating the facts. If you upgrade early the way the game is set up now. You dont get 1st. And you can't make EVERYONE play the same way

I'm not calling it bull<edit> what they are talking about. I'm just lumping it all together saying this AA Bull<edit> that everyone throws around.

I realize theres more poeple that feel this way but I thought the point has already been beaten into a pulp. don't see why you need to bring it back up LD
    Last edited by Dogma; 09-08-2012 at 09:08. Reason: Language