Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Stats

the most important stat is how many people visit vs. make an account vs. log in for more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    o yes it should be. I wonder....

You know how most of us don't want to go through all the trouble of logging into a game and making an account and all that.

What if we had something like a quick log in for new players. Where they got some random state assigned to them just to see how the game works and stuff. This obviously needs to be heavily monitored by IP so we dont have people doing this to feed their state but this keeps them from having to create a new account which keeps some people out. I'm guessing many of those 6k look at the front page. then see they need to create an account and leave.

We need some way to keep them around just a bit longer.
    A sandbox where they just can play around with the interface and try out what different things do/mean in the game with some sort of an interactive tutorial, but can not affect the actual game itself?

yes! something like this. They are thrown into some saved game stats of like 2 months before and they can do whatever they want with 300 turns to get the feel of the game. sort of thing

AND! Most importantly....There is no sign-up needed to do this. This has to be very simple for them to get into the game or it will defer them. They need to be able to click some button on the front page (preferablly very big) and jump right in. Then once they use all their turns they have a link given to them saying "Like this? Join the real game now!" Then they can go register and all that jazz

Crimson Shadow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    they can do whatever they want with 300 turns to get the feel of the game. sort of thing
    How about something like 3000 turns? Enough to mess around and kill a state or whatever. 300 turns goes extremely fast, and since we are trying to get people to stick around, why not a bunch of turns.

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    Who the hell is still using Netscape?

Dogma, are you still running Windows ME? Time to upgrade.
    Dude, you mean to tell me there is a Windows ME, I guess the windows 95 has to go then. Does it work better?

I just got used to this one from 3.1, now I got to upgrade again??

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    How about something like 3000 turns? Enough to mess around and kill a state or whatever. 300 turns goes extremely fast, and since we are trying to get people to stick around, why not a bunch of turns.
    ya thats fine. Just throwing ideas out

Why not 34,000,000 turns and 8 states!