Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retiring

Default Retiring

Hey guys...just wanted to say that since I'm starting a new job (as well as taking up some additional online courses) in a few days I am 90percent sure that I will be permanently retiring as a nation leader starting from next set. I might still play next set in someone else's tag as a transnational "weaning-off" period and there will be some months during which I won't be as busy at work so I might return, but all in all will be aiming to quit fully. I havent discussed with my players yet whether theyll want to form their own tag or whether theyll want to join other nations, but if thats the case, Id be more than happy to recommend that they join someone who is willing to start a new tag, is active and preferably European based (as are most of my players).

also, might as well use this post to say a big thank you to all the people who played in my tags, who helped us win all those netting sets and warring sets; who continued fighting to the end in sets when things didn't go all our way; whod never get too annoyed with me constantly bothering them to play set after set....to the allies who helped me out in tough situations and the epic big wars....and to the necessary evil, the enemies who provided the challenges, fun and excitement during all these years.
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 09-29-2012 at 06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    Hey guys...just wanted to say that since I'm starting a new job (as well as taking up some additional online courses) in a few days I am 90percent sure that I will be permanently retiring as a nation leader starting from next set. I might still play next set in someone else's tag as a transnational "weaning-off" period and there will be some months during which I won't be as busy at work so I might return, but all in all will be aiming to quit fully. I havent discussed with my players yet whether theyll want to form their own tag or whether theyll want to join other nations, but if thats the case, Id be more than happy to recommend that they join someone who is willing to start a new tag, is active and preferably European based (as are most of my players).

also, might as well use this post to say a big thank you to all the people who played in my tags, who helped us win all those netting sets and warring sets; who continued fighting to the end in sets when things didn't go all our way; whod never get too annoyed with me constantly bothering them to play set after set....to the allies who helped me out in tough situations and the epic big wars....and to the necessary evil, the enemies who provided the challenges, fun and excitement during all these years.
    You rocked IT! on several occations

That's not cool. There aren't too many decent tag leaders around currently and one less makes it even boring...

But hey, good luck with your new challenges and crossing fingers you'll not be able to fully quit the game any time soon

Good luck with the job though!

I find this hard to belive. Who would hire you? Nothing is perminate.

To quote Akbar, "It's a trap!" You're up to something...

so our target is off this set? dammit..

[LoR][LOL][TNG][EX][GRIM][PW][MILF][SKY][Psy][XF]

nooo lead one more set

Best of luck on the outside!
    You're always welcome to come chill with the band at ICN
    I'm a wee bit concerned about this "weaning" part tho we might have to really get loaded to get past that

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post
    I find this hard to belive. Who would hire you? Nothing is perminate.

To quote Akbar, "It's a trap!" You're up to something...
    well once i told them about my leadership, management, teamwork and organizational experience in leading 10-20 man teams over the course of many years, coordinating different nationalities, personalities and ages across the globe, as well as honing my diplomacy and communication skills, they had no choice but to give me the job!

Quote Originally Posted by kitoy View Post
    so our target is off this set? dammit..

pfft funny you should say that, there was some talk of taking out your top1 state but I thought it would be too much of a suicider move to go 4 vs 12. although would have been worth it possibly to see Dboz win...but then again im sure he wouldnt have wanted it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I'm sorry but the retirement request has been DENIED! Resume normal activity.

Thank You

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"