Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gems of wisdom from the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Leave the butthurt Dogma alone!
    well as we can see the republicans may not have wisdom but atleast it seams the electoral college showed some wisdom and prevented the us population from electing the wrong president

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    i got to disagree about the electoral. This was written back when we had 13 states...and a very small population so it worked. Now its rediculous that its like 5 states that can decide the election. Essentially if your voting in a blue state as a republican..your vote means nothing.
    Yep, its different now and the constitution was not designed to stay intact for over 200 years.
    It was written as a guide and should have been changed as the country grew.
    The fact we have added amendments has not changed the core, and thats what needs work.

Using the popular vote would keep voters interested and bring out more to vote.
    The risk in that of course is having a recount nationwide.

But it is what it is *shrug*
    Now we get 4 more years of the same...
    So who really wins?

Something that my dad told me a long time ago may make a little sense and years to come, I would like you guys to stop and remember I said it. "A man who is not a liberal in his 20's has no heart: a man that isn't a conservative in his 40's has no brain."

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    236 years

I'd rather change both countries. And it's a little silly to compare the Britain of George III to the one today. Though I suspect that had Washington been able to look ahead and see how things turned out, he might have been a lot less keen on having a revolution.
    236 years was when we went independent, we left long before that. We have agreed to disagree many times before so I guess we can again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Something that my dad told me a long time ago may make a little sense and years to come, I would like you guys to stop and remember I said it. "A man who is not a liberal in his 20's has no heart: a man that isn't a conservative in his 40's has no brain."
    - Winston Churchill

Well, do you guys still think that Obama is the saint you thought he was when this thread started? I still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Well, do you guys still think that Obama is the saint you thought he was when this thread started? I still don't.
    Not sure if this has any validity but gas prices are far higher with Obama than with Bush... :shrugs:
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

well yes but us petrol priceses are silly low to start with i mean i was in alaska and they where complaining about like 3 or maybe it was 4 dollars per gallon that silly to complain about try european prices

he isnt all that, but still dont think romney would have been the right choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    he isnt all that, but still dont think romney would have been the right choice for me.
    Aren't you forgetting McCain of all things? If we elected him we wouldn't be having this conversation
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.