Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gems of wisdom from the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    well yes but us petrol priceses are silly low to start with i mean i was in alaska and they where complaining about like 3 or maybe it was 4 dollars per gallon that silly to complain about try european prices
    Albeit that being true ones who use pounds or euros shouldn't really talk...their currencies are far stronger than the u.s. dollar so it kinda evens out...
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Well, do you guys still think that Obama is the saint you thought he was when this thread started? I still don't.
    I by no means think that he is a saint in any caty, that being said I have no doubts that if the president would have ended up being a republican this past election or in the '08 election we would be in a very similar situation but instead of the republicans talking about the things democrats are doing it would be the other way around. And sure you can argue that certain things would be different and things passed on Obama's watch wouldn't have been done if it was Romney or McCain, but that would change the topic of the criticism and not the passion against it.

What i believe counts at the end of the day is looking at the candidate and choosing them based on their ideals and not about what letter is in parentheses next to their name.

(why the fluff does c a p a c i t y turn into that)
    Last edited by Satan666; 06-12-2013 at 04:45. Reason: Stupid smilies

January 2009 - Satan666(#44) was awarded the Medal of Destruction for making 819 attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Satan666 View Post

What i believe counts at the end of the day is looking at the candidate and choosing them based on their ideals and not about what letter is in parentheses next to their name.

(why the fluff does c a p a c i t y turn into that)
    Satan, I could not agree with you more. I am not a "dyed in the wool" republican. I am conservative in my beliefs however, not necessarily republican over all else. I do though, have to disagree with the statement that Maggio made that Romney wasn't the right choice. My only point there is that how many businesses has he either started, run turned around. Ok, insert the "exported jobs" comment here. Now ask yourself how many jobs has Obama even held? The idea of voting for "hope and change" just to me, isn't enough of a qualification to be the most powerful man on the planet and he proves it every day. When is he going to stop campaigning? He will be seen by history as the worst president in the history of the USA. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a Roosevelt.

Now for the reference to John McCain, he has been in DC too long. He is no where near who or what this country needs and I am not so sure he ever was.

I consider myself a constitutionalist and this president uses the US Constitution as toilet paper. Say that it is outdated, I will disagree. Say that is is a living document and needs to be rewritten and I will disagree. The constitution was written in order to limit government not limit the people. Some people have somehow gotten that wrong.

Satan, I could not agree with you more. I am not a "dyed in the wool" republican. I am conservative in my beliefs however, not necessarily republican over all else. I do though, have to disagree with the statement that Maggio made that Romney wasn't the right choice. My only point there is that how many businesses has he either started, run turned around. Ok, insert the "exported jobs" comment here. Now ask yourself how many jobs has Obama even held? The idea of voting for "hope and change" just to me, isn't enough of a qualification to be the most powerful man on the planet and he proves it every day. When is he going to stop campaigning? He will be seen by history as the worst president in the history of the USA. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a Roosevelt.

Now for the reference to John McCain, he has been in DC too long. He is no where near who or what this country needs and I am not so sure he ever was.

I consider myself a constitutionalist and this president uses the US Constitution as toilet paper. Say that it is outdated, I will disagree. Say that is is a living document and needs to be rewritten and I will disagree. The constitution was written in order to limit government not limit the people. Some people have somehow gotten that wrong.
    hey man I am neither conservative nor liberal. I am an American and to me its America first politics last.
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    hey man I am neither conservative nor liberal. I am an American and to me its America first politics last.
    Well said. I think that the president is doing more harm than good for the left as his policies and standoff approach to leadership (if that is what he is doing) is tarnishing what the party stands for. Or maybe he is playing his hand too soon and alienating his base.

I do have a question for the scholars here. Why is it ok to make concessions for the muslim faith all the while removing any reference of the GOd of the christian faith from public life? Are the American people just scared or are they that hypocritical? Where are the atheists on this one? They released yesterday that UC (University of Chicago) permanently removed the pews from the chapel on campus to accommodate muslim prayers. Is that right?

I know the spell check says I should capitalize the word muslim, but I refuse.

Well said. I think that the president is doing more harm than good for the left as his policies and standoff approach to leadership (if that is what he is doing) is tarnishing what the party stands for. Or maybe he is playing his hand too soon and alienating his base.

I do have a question for the scholars here. Why is it ok to make concessions for the muslim faith all the while removing any reference of the GOd of the christian faith from public life? Are the American people just scared or are they that hypocritical? Where are the atheists on this one? They released yesterday that UC (University of Chicago) permanently removed the pews from the chapel on campus to accommodate muslim prayers. Is that right?

I know the spell check says I should capitalize the word muslim, but I refuse.
    I won't make a religious statement but its absolute fear that they give concessions to Muslim. Personally I could care less for religious groups. A summed up reason.

Some random person claims to hear and see voices they get branded schizophrenic but if its "God's" then you are spiritually aware.

As for Atheists they are eating chips drinking soda watching Tom Cruise scientology and watching Michael Moore's "film" just like every otheist.
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

I'm here to have fun.

Just the way I like it.

well if you want freedom of religion shouldnt the prayer places be open to everyone? after all judasism christianity and islam are based on the same god just with diffrent names so i dont see why you think they are diffrent

Well for one, my Catholic upbringing tells me that killing someone just because they don't believe the same things as me is wrong. That is not what islam says. It tells its followers to kill those they don't convert. It also states proper ways to beat your women, when it is justifiable to behead someone. It advocates child molestation in the name of marriage. Women cannot be seen at all and when they are they better be covered and accompanied by a family member.

To me that is no religion, it is a political doctrine.

have you read the koran?

[QUOTE=Lord Burch;185231
    As for Atheists they are eating chips drinking soda watching Tom Cruise scientology and watching Michael Moore's "film" just like every other atheists. [/QUOTE]

No one? Really?
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

I'm here to have fun.

Just the way I like it.