Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gems of wisdom from the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Well said. I think that the president is doing more harm than good for the left as his policies and standoff approach to leadership (if that is what he is doing) is tarnishing what the party stands for. Or maybe he is playing his hand too soon and alienating his base. I do have a question for the scholars here. Why is it ok to make concessions for the muslim faith all the while removing any reference of the GOd of the christian faith from public life? Are the American people just scared or are they that hypocritical? Where are the atheists on this one? They released yesterday that UC (University of Chicago) permanently removed the pews from the chapel on campus to accommodate muslim prayers. Is that right? I know the spell check says I should capitalize the word muslim, but I refuse.
    i went to my sons middle school grad ceremony (a whole nother subject why we are over praising our youth without significant accomplishments) and we stood and said the pledge of allegiance which included GOD. I was shocked because according to all the shit I read on facebook they dont do that anymore.I think its American to make concessions for others because I feel like its the right thing to do, but we need to work on preserving our own heritage to some extent as well. we cannot continue to worship a book written thousands of years ago and take it word for word, and I also feel that we cannot continue to abide by a document hundreds of years old as well. Time change, people change, and hopefully the progression is for the positive. I feel that our country is divided by two segments, ones that want to progress and ones that will not let go of old standards. Between the two groups NONE can find common ground and thats where the mud starts to sling.your UC example is not a good one IMO because its a private organization and not a public one. but I get your point.I think American needs to worry about Americans FIRST and that goes for with in our country and as well as globally. I cant stand that our government sends aid to starving children in other countries while we have hungry children right here in our back yard. I dont mind helping out but we are in a bad spot right now and we need to constrict our aid and refocus on our country.personally i think we are screwed because many of our simple problems have such massive ramifications if adjustments are made. The "free market" got us in quite a bit of trouble, and the fact that our "classes" widen in difference as time goes by is a major issue. My first job, I was paid min wage. it was $4.16/hr if you ad inflation that same $4.16/hr would now have the value of $10.48/hr. The current min wage is $7.25 federally. We need to raise it but how do we raise it without hurting tens of thousands of small businesses? The costs of materials is skyrocketing (as our dollar becomes weaker by the day) and we are now asking consumers to spend more money on everyday items which many cannot afford. Imagine what the raising of the min wage would do and compound the that issue.our government is reactive only and not proactive. not only that but our policies are so far behind the curve of real time events. if you want assistance you have to qualify under standards that are over a decade old. meaning you have to make less that $20,000 (for example) well the 20k ten years ago was much different than what 20k is worth today.Do some math, 7.25/hr x 40hrs x 52 weeks... its about 15K wtf can you do with 15k? you cant afford rent, a car payment, health insurance, car insurance, food for yourself much less a child, we havent even talked about utilities like water, and power...we are not talking about shitty jobs like mcdonalds and shit either. in the mall i work at there are over a hundred stores. if you make 10/hr as a sales associate your doing pretty good. you have to be a manager of some sort to start making any money. its just not kids working in these stores. quite a few adults nowadaysthe cycle is vicious and has no mercy... then to have people complain about people on "the system" taking hand outs etc.... dont be ignorant, open your eyes. sure some suck off of it, but MOST of the time assistance is needed for basic survival. Sure the media is going to find someone talking on their obama phone, or wont work and has 10 kids, or is "illegal" but I promise you that is the media leading you down the path of hate and resentment. its not always so cut and dry.the part of the country that is really going down the tube is the segment of the population that will watch news all day, rant and complain all ****ing day about shit, but wont lift a finger to do anything about it. voting every few years is not getting it done. if you want your country to change it begins in your community, then your town, then your city, county, state... get out and do something rather than sitting on your *** and pointing out all the problems. We have enough people doing that already.The problem is not the president, its the people (this was not written directed at Dogma at all and I am certainly not insinuating is ignorant or anything like that. this is a broad statement directed at ALL)

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    i went to my sons middle school grad ceremony (a whole nother subject why we are over praising our youth without significant accomplishments) and we stood and said the pledge of allegiance which included GOD. I was shocked because according to all the shit I read on facebook they dont do that anymore.I think its American to make concessions for others because I feel like its the right thing to do, but we need to work on preserving our own heritage to some extent as well. we cannot continue to worship a book written thousands of years ago and take it word for word, and I also feel that we cannot continue to abide by a document hundreds of years old as well. Time change, people change, and hopefully the progression is for the positive. I feel that our country is divided by two segments, ones that want to progress and ones that will not let go of old standards. Between the two groups NONE can find common ground and thats where the mud starts to sling.your UC example is not a good one IMO because its a private organization and not a public one. but I get your point.I think American needs to worry about Americans FIRST and that goes for with in our country and as well as globally. I cant stand that our government sends aid to starving children in other countries while we have hungry children right here in our back yard. I dont mind helping out but we are in a bad spot right now and we need to constrict our aid and refocus on our country.personally i think we are screwed because many of our simple problems have such massive ramifications if adjustments are made. The "free market" got us in quite a bit of trouble, and the fact that our "classes" widen in difference as time goes by is a major issue. My first job, I was paid min wage. it was $4.16/hr if you ad inflation that same $4.16/hr would now have the value of $10.48/hr. The current min wage is $7.25 federally. We need to raise it but how do we raise it without hurting tens of thousands of small businesses? The costs of materials is skyrocketing (as our dollar becomes weaker by the day) and we are now asking consumers to spend more money on everyday items which many cannot afford. Imagine what the raising of the min wage would do and compound the that issue.our government is reactive only and not proactive. not only that but our policies are so far behind the curve of real time events. if you want assistance you have to qualify under standards that are over a decade old. meaning you have to make less that $20,000 (for example) well the 20k ten years ago was much different than what 20k is worth today.Do some math, 7.25/hr x 40hrs x 52 weeks... its about 15K wtf can you do with 15k? you cant afford rent, a car payment, health insurance, car insurance, food for yourself much less a child, we havent even talked about utilities like water, and power...we are not talking about shitty jobs like mcdonalds and shit either. in the mall i work at there are over a hundred stores. if you make 10/hr as a sales associate your doing pretty good. you have to be a manager of some sort to start making any money. its just not kids working in these stores. quite a few adults nowadaysthe cycle is vicious and has no mercy... then to have people complain about people on "the system" taking hand outs etc.... dont be ignorant, open your eyes. sure some suck off of it, but MOST of the time assistance is needed for basic survival. Sure the media is going to find someone talking on their obama phone, or wont work and has 10 kids, or is "illegal" but I promise you that is the media leading you down the path of hate and resentment. its not always so cut and dry.the part of the country that is really going down the tube is the segment of the population that will watch news all day, rant and complain all ****ing day about shit, but wont lift a finger to do anything about it. voting every few years is not getting it done. if you want your country to change it begins in your community, then your town, then your city, county, state... get out and do something rather than sitting on your *** and pointing out all the problems. We have enough people doing that already.The problem is not the president, its the people (this was not written directed at Dogma at all and I am certainly not insinuating is ignorant or anything like that. this is a broad statement directed at ALL)

in prespective in sweden the min wage depends on the unions deals but as far as i know hospitality is the lowest at 16 the min wage is 11,5 usd an hour based on todays excange rate and no lb we dont have the euro
    at 18 its 17 usd an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    in prespective in sweden the min wage depends on the unions deals but as far as i know hospitality is the lowest at 16 the min wage is 11,5 usd an hour based on todays excange rate and no lb we dont have the euro
    at 18 its 17 usd an hour
    Wait are you part of EU? I thought EU members were required to change currencies. Then again I probably got that thought from German class of all places XD
    DKO, LoR, ICN, ARC and SLOB.
    ELE AND UK

Born from LoR and die greater

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post

Well, if ya hadn't actually quoted me on the original quote, I wouldn't necessarily think you were directing that at me. But, that's ok, John, that's what you and I do, it is what you and I have done for what? Going on 10 years now?

I will have a response to this, in my usual manner, but DAMN, you gonna make me type one like Pres does...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Well, if ya hadn't actually quoted me on the original quote, I wouldn't necessarily think you were directing that at me. But, that's ok, John, that's what you and I do, it is what you and I have done for what? Going on 10 years now? I will have a response to this, in my usual manner, but DAMN, you gonna make me type one like Pres does...
    i did origanally quote you to repsond directly but once i started ranting, i realized that it was not toward you but to the general public. I almost removed the direct quote reply but figured i needed to keep it to base my subject matter on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    Wait are you part of EU? I thought EU members were required to change currencies. Then again I probably got that thought from German class of all places XD
    nope its us and the uk thats not in

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    nope its us and the uk thats not in
    Then again...I slept most of the time in German class.

I would hate to be in Sweden.
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

Taking things easy on a beach, playing on my laptop or tablet and drinking some coca-cola.

Why did I stress myself out over this game. I didn't treat this as a game, which I should have, and treated it like a lifestyle.

I'm here to have fun.

I've conquered and killed before, but I am Dishonorably discharged from the NW army.

Just the way I like it.

i went to my sons middle school grad ceremony (a whole nother subject why we are over praising our youth without significant accomplishments) Well congrats to you for making you kid go long enough to finish 8th grade. I am sure it is a big thing to him, but as you stated, praise for no significant accomplishment. When you start talking about the whole other subject of that we will talk then.

and we stood and said the pledge of allegiance which included GOD. I was shocked because according to all the shit I read on facebook they dont do that anymore.
    Well this surprises me as OUR liberties are being infringed upon more and more every day.

I think its American to make concessions for others because I feel like its the right thing to do, but we need to work on preserving our own heritage to some extent as well. Have no problems with making a few concessions for people, but where does it stop. When is it ok to say no, this is how we do it here? Going back to my original post, Those Christian students that used that chapel, what do they do now? That was basically made into a mosque and Christian prayers are not allowed by islamic law. YOu think it is ok that whatever woman has sex, gets pregnant then goes to Planned Parenthood or Dr Gosnell and has an abortion and kills a human child and I have to pay for that? That is progress? Marriage is fundamentally a religious ceremony, not a function of government so we should require religions to allow and recognize 2 men or 2 women who want to get married and I have to concede that it is ok? The benefits that come from the gov for marriage were put there to encourage procreation. No country or society can survive with out procreation of the population.

we cannot continue to worship a book written thousands of years ago and take it word for word
    , I for one, do not believe that the bible should be taken word for word and my catholic school education taught me that. It was taught to Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School in the 1960's that the bible is not to be taken in it's literal sense. But people in this country are free to believe what the want and be free of persecution as guaranteed by the 1st amendment. Is that one that you think should be done away with?

and I also feel that we cannot continue to abide by a document hundreds of years old as well.
    The constitution was written expressly in order to limit the reach of government in our lives. It is NOT a document that limits the people. If it is not in the constitution stating that the government is allowed to do it, then the gov can't do it. Which part would you say is outdated? Our freedom of speech? No, I know, it is the right of the people to bear arms isn't it? Do you know why we have never been invaded by either a foreign government or our own? That's right, we own guns. Or would you say that the article that outlines th epowers of the president should be changed or the legislature. Maybe abolish the judicial branch? What would you change in it. You have been *****ing about he constitution since I have known you and I am curious what part would you take out? Should the gov be allowed to enter your home whenever they want to just to check on you and make sure that you aren't doing anything wrong in their eyes? Are you ok that the IRS targeted people who have different beliefs than you? Are you ok that James Rosen, a legitimate reporter had his phones, emails and his parent's phones and emails seized?

Time change, people change, and hopefully the progression is for the positive.
    I feel that our country is divided by two segments, ones that want to progress and ones that will not let go of old standards. Between the two groups NONE can find common ground and thats where the mud starts to sling.
    You are right, this country is divided into 2 segments, those of us that want limited government intrusion in our lives and those that want the Government to take the lead in everything we do. One side believes that you take personal responsibility and the other blames everyone else for their hard times. So yeah, you're right, those that want the government to take care for them, will always want the gov to do that and those of us that don't won't.

your UC example is not a good one IMO because its a private organization and not a public one. but I get your point.
    My point was to try and bring some discussion to this dead forum. But you took it way over what I was hoping for.

I think American needs to worry about Americans FIRST and that goes for with in our country and as well as globally. I cant stand that our government sends aid to starving children in other countries while we have hungry children right here in our back yard. I don't mind helping out but we are in a bad spot right now and we need to constrict our aid and refocus on our country.personally i think we are screwed because many of our simple problems have such massive ramifications if adjustments are made.
    You are right, I agree we should take care of ours first. Just like sending our president and his family on a $60Million VACATION while the White House is closed to tours and people are being furloughed because of sequestration. Or sending them to Hawaii or to the Bahamas for spring break and our troops in Afghanistan have their hot meals cut back.

The "free market" got us in quite a bit of trouble, and the fact that our "classes" widen in difference as time goes by is a major issue. Ok, the free market has goten us in quite a mess, ok, I'll concede. The free market has in 235 years made the USA the strongest, richest, most compassionate country in the history of the planet. I agree, that is a problem. Your governemet5 has been pumping billions of $$ into the stock market for years now and who has gotten richer? The poor? no, the ones who were already rich. This president by executive order has been pumping $$ into the stock market to the tune of trillions for 4 years now and who has benefited? Has it been any of the hungry children you speak of? Has it been the war veterans returning from Iraq or Afghanistan with massive injuries? Is is the old lady who can't afford to buy her medications because she has to eat? No, it is the wall street bankers that are making the $$$. Do you realize that there is $9 trillion that is unaccounted for in the fed bank system right now? Where is that money??

My first job, I was paid min wage. it was $4.16/hr if you ad inflation that same $4.16/hr would now have the value of $10.48/hr. The current min wage is $7.25 federally. We need to raise it but how do we raise it without hurting tens of thousands of small businesses? The costs of materials is skyrocketing (as our dollar becomes weaker by the day) and we are now asking consumers to spend more money on everyday items which many cannot afford. Imagine what the raising of the min wage would do and compound the that issue. My first job I was making 4.25 an hour and I got married when I was making 6.75. Another thing that you didn't point out in raising the min wage, if it is raised EVERYTHING would go up. The cost of groceries, clothing, gas, cars, everything as the employees' pay is all figured into the price of goods. NOt to mention the people that would lose their jobs because of it.

our government is reactive only and not proactive. Now it is because your progressive president leads from behind. We now have a world that has the muslim brotherhood in control of Egypt, and Libya and now we are sending arms to them in Syria along with Al Qaeda along with the ones they already had. Egypt was a huge ally to the US but now??? Our ambassador was murdered and what did he do? We still don't know the answer to that one because we haven't gotten thru the lies that they told to try and cover it up.

not only that but our policies are so far behind the curve of real time events. if you want assistance you have to qualify under standards that are over a decade old.
    No, you have it wrong, you go for assistance when you NEED assistance, not just want it. NEED! It shouldn't be easy to get assistance, it should be easier to get a job than to be on public assistance. That way there is incentive to get off and go to work. If you get public money or assistance, you should have to work for it. We don't need a nanny state.

meaning you have to make less that $20,000 (for example) well the 20k ten years ago was much different than what 20k is worth today.Do some math, 7.25/hr x 40hrs x 52 weeks... its about 15K wtf can you do with 15k? you cant afford rent, a car payment, health insurance, car insurance, food for yourself much less a child, we havent even talked about utilities like water, and power...we are not talking about shitty jobs like mcdonalds and shit either. in the mall i work at there are over a hundred stores. if you make 10/hr as a sales associate your doing pretty good. you have to be a manager of some sort to start making any money. its just not kids working in these stores. quite a few adults nowadaysthe cycle is vicious and has no mercy... then to have people complain about people on "the system" taking hand outs etc.... dont be ignorant, open your eyes. sure some suck off of it, but MOST of the time assistance is needed for basic survival.
    DO you know my wife makes $11000 a year and I am disabled and she can't even get Medicade?

Sure the media is going to find someone talking on their obama phone, or wont work and has 10 kids, or is "illegal" but I promise you that is the media leading you down the path of hate and resentment. The media id covering for this community organizer in the white house. And do you mean to tell me that it is a right to have a ****ing cell phone? It is our responsibility to give these away to people who actually don't need them? Are you telling me that Chris Matthews is leading me down a path of hate and resentment when he "has a tingly feeling down his leg every time Obama Speaks"? Come on John you are not that stupid.

its not always so cut and dry.the part of the country that is really going down the tube is the segment of the population that will watch news all day, rant and complain all ****ing day about shit, but wont lift a finger to do anything about it. voting every few years is not getting it done. if you want your country to change it begins in your community, then your town, then your city, county, state... get out and do something rather than sitting on your *** and pointing out all the problems. We have enough people doing that already.The problem is not the president, its the people. Let me remind you, I AM DISABLED, I CANNOT WORK. I am not disabled because I can't get on welfare, I am disabled because I have a medical condition that leaves me in pain EVERYDAY with little or no relief. It was not my choice to have this happen to me but by God, I worked and paid into the social security system and I NEED assistance now. I resent your assertion that I don't do anything about this mess. Every person I can help see what the **** is happening helps my country.

(this was not written directed at Dogma at all and I am certainly not insinuating is ignorant or anything like that. this is a broad statement directed at ALL)
    Yeah right!

Now if you would like to continue this debate, I am more than happy to provide more information and evidence of our gov's over reach on our liberties.
    Last edited by Dogma; 06-20-2013 at 16:44.

[QUOTE=Dogma;185274]i went to my sons middle school grad ceremony (a whole nother subject why we are over praising our youth without significant accomplishments) Whoopdie do. High school is another ballpark dude. FAR more difficult. At least for others all I had to do was put in a little effort as I got through high school mostly through As on tests...for others it takes far more. Use your sentence AFTER he has finished High School.

and we stood and said the pledge of allegiance which included GOD. I was shocked because according to all the shit I read on facebook they dont do that anymore.
    REALLY? FACEBOOK? All facebook does is giving whiny *****es a platform to talk and ruin relationships. Their "information" is about as real as a tabloid and about as important as The Statesmen Journal. Don't know what it is? Nuff said.

I think its American to make concessions for others because I feel like its the right thing to do, but we need to work on preserving our own heritage to some extent as well. YOu think it is ok that whatever woman has sex, gets pregnant then goes to Planned Parenthood or Dr Gosnell and has an abortion and kills a human child and I have to pay for that? That is progress? Marriage is fundamentally a religious ceremony, not a function of government so we should require religions to allow and recognize 2 men or 2 women who want to get married and I have to concede that it is ok? The benefits that come from the gov for marriage were put there to encourage procreation. No country or society can survive with out procreation of the population.

RELIGION MAKES REASONABLE PEOPLE ACT LIKE IDIOTS! If I offend thee with my post it proves my point and people do. Its not really freedom of religion when you get backlash from religious people about insulting their "GOD" or which god or doctrine. As for your statement doggyma this disgusting and depraved race has over 5 billion people we don't need any more **** trogloditic hellspawn in this world. I don't support killing people off but please stop breeding.

Technically we all came from a certain type of inappropriate breeding but it won't be expanded upon for the sake of being PG. (Ow saying PG hurts my head.)

we cannot continue to worship a book written thousands of years ago and take it word for word
    But people in this country are free to believe what the want and be free of persecution as guaranteed by the 1st amendment. Is that one that you think should be done away with?
    If you people agree to use it to do away with religion sure. Otherwise no.

and I also feel that we cannot continue to abide by a document hundreds of years old as well.
    The constitution allows us to say crap about others and the government w/o fear of reprisal.

[COLOR="#FF0000"] Time change, people change, and hopefully the progression is for the positive.
    No people don't change. We all just *****. The only thing that changes is the medium in which we *****. Going from handwritten letters to facebook. We are all just whiny *****es.

your UC example is not a good one IMO because its a private organization and not a public one. but I get your point.
    My point was to try and bring some discussion to this dead forum. But you took it way over what I was hoping for.

Well thanks to me that changed. Aren't I awesome?

I think American needs to worry about Americans FIRST and that goes for with in our country and as well as globally. I cant stand that our government sends aid to starving children in other countries while we have hungry children right here in our back yard. I don't mind helping out but we are in a bad spot right now and we need to constrict our aid and refocus on our country.personally i think we are screwed because many of our simple problems have such massive ramifications if adjustments are made.
    You are right, I agree we should take care of ours first. Just like sending our president and his family on a $60Million VACATION while the White House is closed to tours and people are being furloughed because of sequestration. Or sending them to Hawaii or to the Bahamas for spring break and our troops in Afghanistan have their hot meals cut back.

Guys do I even need to comment here? Moving on.

The "free market" got us in quite a bit of trouble, and the fact that our "classes" widen in difference as time goes by is a major issue. Ok, the free market has goten us in quite a mess, ok, I'll concede. The free market has in 235 years made the USA the strongest, richest, most compassionate country in the history of the planet. I agree, that is a problem. Your governemet5 has been pumping billions of $$ into the stock market for years now and who has gotten richer? The poor? no, the ones who were already rich. This president by executive order has been pumping $$ into the stock market to the tune of trillions for 4 years now and who has benefited? Has it been any of the hungry children you speak of? Has it been the war veterans returning from Iraq or Afghanistan with massive injuries? Is is the old lady who can't afford to buy her medications because she has to eat? No, it is the wall street bankers that are making the $$$. Do you realize that there is $9 trillion that is unaccounted for in the fed bank system right now? Where is that money??

My first job, I was paid min wage. it was $4.16/hr if you ad inflation that same $4.16/hr would now have the value of $10.48/hr. The current min wage is $7.25 federally. We need to raise it but how do we raise it without hurting tens of thousands of small businesses? The costs of materials is skyrocketing (as our dollar becomes weaker by the day) and we are now asking consumers to spend more money on everyday items which many cannot afford. Imagine what the raising of the min wage would do and compound the that issue. My first job I was making 4.25 an hour and I got married when I was making 6.75. Another thing that you didn't point out in raising the min wage, if it is raised EVERYTHING would go up. The cost of groceries, clothing, gas, cars, everything as the employees' pay is all figured into the price of goods. NOt to mention the people that would lose their jobs because of it.

Guys you seem to be nothing but irritable at this point. We aren't the richest or more prosperous. We've been in a ****load of debt since our country's founding...or do you not remember our debts to France. We are a country born in debt. We are like an adopted child XD.

our government is reactive only and not proactive. Now it is because your progressive president leads from behind. We now have a world that has the muslim brotherhood in control of Egypt, and Libya and now we are sending arms to them in Syria along with Al Qaeda along with the ones they already had. Egypt was a huge ally to the US but now??? Our ambassador was murdered and what did he do? We still don't know the answer to that one because we haven't gotten thru the lies that they told to try and cover it up.

This happens countless times with different situations. This scenario isn't unique.

not only that but our policies are so far behind the curve of real time events. if you want assistance you have to qualify under standards that are over a decade old.
    No, you have it wrong, you go for assistance when you NEED assistance, not just want it. NEED! It shouldn't be easy to get assistance, it should be easier to get a job than to be on public assistance. That way there is incentive to get off and go to work. If you get public money or assistance, you should have to work for it. We don't need a nanny state.

Hate to break it to you guys but I could live my life as a king due to all sorts of gov't programs from mental "disabilities" to my IQ to gov't worrying about me being dangerous to inheritences. However for some F-ed up reason I don't get much access to it because it goes into a locked Swiss Bank account I have no access to. People need to stop whining about these programs. Nothing will change just more people *****in'
    Enough input from me whether you like/believe me or my words is of no consequence to me or the world. Nothing will change.

I don't want to violate rules though so feel free to delete this post if necessary.
    ELE AND UK

A new lease on life.

I'm here to have fun.

Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Burch View Post
    Then again...I slept most of the time in German class.

I would hate to be in Sweden.
    why ?
    we have free health care school and such