Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Gems of wisdom from the Republican Party

people are entitled to some things. if your on SS, or medicare, or disability, YOU PAID into it, so when its your turn you DESERVE it. If you pay taxes (retail, payroll or otherwise) to your local and federal gov, and you fall on hard times you DESERVE help since you PAID into the system. If you pay into a system you DESERVE to get help when you need it or get paid back when its your turn. Not everyone depending on the system is black with 10 kids has 22" rims, and totes hand guns.

Ryan was disappointing at the debate.

they say 1/6 of dr offices etc will close due to obama care. the reason is because obama care will not allow governement programs to OVERPAY for proceedures. Romney hates this and want to cointinue to BAIL OUT abusive over charging drs. but when it comes to GM NO BAILOUT, so wtf gives? dont play peoples strings

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    people are entitled to some things. if your on SS, or medicare, or disability, YOU PAID into it, so when its your turn you DESERVE it. If you pay taxes (retail, payroll or otherwise) to your local and federal gov, and you fall on hard times you DESERVE help since you PAID into the system. If you pay into a system you DESERVE to get help when you need it or get paid back when its your turn. Not everyone depending on the system is black with 10 kids has 22" rims, and totes hand guns.

What if you haven't "paid into it" ? Should you be hung out to dry?

I have to tell you I found your comment both funny and sad. Sad because somehow you deemed it necessary to bring in the "black" thing. No where in my comment or comments written by others in this thread would a sensible person find any racism. Except yours, sorry. Typical Obama/Biden tactic though where if someone doesn't agree just try to label them as racist. Quick question, do you have any idea what percentage of the white population that voted voted for Obama? & what percentage of the black population that voted voted for Obama? I'll help you. 96%+ of blacks voted for Obama and approximately 45% of whites voted for him. Do you think there was any racism in those numbers? Not me, at least not the racism you think of. So you and your political party really should stop using it as crutch.

The balance of your comment I thought was funny because I pretty much feel the same way you do. If you paid (<--two key words) in to programs such as SS, medicare and disability you deserve to have that assistance when needed. No argument here! However I do have a huge problem with those that choose to receive entitlements as a career. I have a problem with those that are both physically and mentally able too but don't help the system by contributing their fair share. (See Greece)

Funny how you said Ryan was disappointing at the debate but let's be honest here. He could have cured cancer on stage and you still wouldn't like him.
    Last edited by DevilDog; 10-13-2012 at 16:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What if you haven't "paid into it" ? Should you be hung out to dry?
    Depends on the situation. If they are/were able to "pay in to it" and chose not to then that's their problem, not mine! If they have some sort of physical and mental issue that doesn't allow them to do so that's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post
    Depends on the situation. If they are/were able to "pay in to it" and chose not to then that's their problem, not mine! If they have some sort of physical and mental issue that doesn't allow them to do so that's understandable.
    Morally that may be true, but in practical terms, if you don't have any other income and you can't get benefits, your only option is crime. If you refuse benefits to people who can't get money any other way, expect them to rob and riot, and while riots in europe don't tend to involve firearms, if people got desperate enough I could well see open gun battles in US streets.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post
    I have to tell you I found your comment both funny and sad. Sad because somehow you deemed it necessary to bring in the "black" thing. No where in my comment or comments written by others in this thread would a sensible person find any racism. Except yours, sorry. Typical Obama/Biden tactic though where if someone doesn't agree just try to label them as racist. Quick question, do you have any idea what percentage of the white population that voted voted for Obama? & what percentage of the black population that voted voted for Obama? I'll help you. 96%+ of blacks voted for Obama and approximately 45% of whites voted for him. Do you think there was any racism in those numbers? Not me, at least not the racism you think of. So you and your political party really should stop using it as crutch.

The balance of your comment I thought was funny because I pretty much feel the same way you do. If you paid (<--two key words) in to programs such as SS, medicare and disability you deserve to have that assistance when needed. No argument here! However I do have a huge problem with those that choose to receive entitlements as a career. I have a problem with those that are both physically and mentally able too but don't help the system by contributing their fair share. (See Greece)

Funny how you said Ryan was disappointing at the debate but let's be honest here. He could have cured cancer on stage and you still wouldn't like him.
    1. hispanics, and african americans typically vote democrat and now women too

2. you say career entitlement receivers... who is the majority of those who recieve entitlements as a career?

3. I expected Ryan to own him and IMO it was almost vise versa. I dont like him, but I also dont have a problem saying romney took the first debate. I expected Ryan to kick his ***, and it just didnt happen. If it did, we would all be hearing about his victory instead of pointing the finger at biden making faces and interupting. If he cured cancer I would vote for him btw.

4. YOU cannot deny rascism exists on both sides of the party lines, and I THINK that many less intellegent republicans (less intellegent then us, you know the ones who think obama is a muslim terrorist) stereo type the receivers on entitlements.

5. I really wish we knew how many recipients of entitlement were actaully black and carear receivers, but I dont. I have heard that more white people get assistance then african americans which is possible.

When romney said 47%..... and when Ryan said 30% are takers.... They are just fueling the fire of their base who we can all agree on have rascist members. NOT ALL, not too many were I live, not sure about were you live, but I can assure you that there are 10s of millions of rascist voter out there. They might not admit it (some are proud of it), but deep down inside A LOT of people are rascist, sexist, biggots, hypocrits. I am for 100% equality across the board. race, sex, sexual orientation EVERYTHING. What is good for one is good for all.

6. I was not accusing you or anyone on this forum of stereotyping or being rascist, but I do know that most people are peices of shit and that is what it is, so when I say there is issues with race its because I wholeheartedly believe there is. Maybe not you, maybe not this forum, but generally speaking ABSOLUTELY. And that cuts both ways across all races.

7 In closing, the funny thing is that they have us all talking about entitlement programs ONCE AGAIN pegging parties against each other. Could we trim some fat sure we could, but there are bigger fish to fry. Notice no one is talking about earmarks, and pats on the back this time around because that talk didnt move the needle much last time. Notice not many are talking about congresses 8-11% approval rating. Ita all being diverted to topics to pit parties against each other.

8. still going... look when you help several hundred million americans there is going to be some hangerson, and bloodsuckers, but it next to impossible to weed them out with out effecting the help to those that really need it. Another example is the part in obmama care that makes health insurances pay for womens controception. YES chuches dont like it, and YES thousands of women work for religeous outfits, and there is an issue there, BUT that act helps a hundred million women. so are we going to jepordize the heath of 100million because relegeous groups dont want birth control given to a few thousand female employees? COME ON it shouldnt even be a point. honestly if those women really believed in their relegeon they wouldnt be using the controception anyway right? I know there is a point there, but the reward outways the risk in this case and many others. You can knitpick every little thing.

9. what is "real recovery" Romney Ryan have not actually said specifically what they are going to do. "we are going to close loopholes" Really? which ones?, we are going to install a "framework to work across party lines" Really so which loop holes again? NO ANSWER. They have some HUGE ideas, but no specifics. Its HOT AIR. Even my hardcore rep friends admit to me in private that they are not even voting for Romeny/Ryan, they are voting AGAINST obama. if they say there going to take away the child tax credit they will Lose, if they say there gong to take away the ability to write off interest on your home loans they will lose, but honestly its going to have to be something HUGE if not more to cut the deficit in the amount they say they want too. NO ONE will vote for that.

Why? Because no one likes to loose! BOTH parties have created this situation where half of america is going to LOOSE! It SUCKS. Dems did it when they have complete control after Bush screwed up, and passed obmamacare with ZERO rep votes, NOW reps basically block EVERY bill that comes across from the dems and the president. Its obvious they are not doing their jobs because they ahve such a low approval rating. You know why we dont have REAL recovery, its because NOTHING is getting done. You need EVERYONE to be on board to get things passed, and its a ****ing DEADLOCK.

If you really wnat to know why im voting for obama here it is. (by no means is obama all that great, but...)

#1 OBAMACARE. I like it, I think it will work, and It REALLY helps my family, and I love what it does for women
    2. Jobs growth month after month (not great but getting good)
    3. Unemployment is going down (not fast enough but getting faster)
    4. Im not much better than 4 years ago, but im ALOT better than 5 years ago
    5. I dont think Romney has a REAL gameplan, he is just playing the game, and playing on the card of "anyone but obama" If someone really good would have stepped up then I would vote for them. Even most repulicans didnt like ANY of the candidates running for the nomination.
    6. Planned Parenthood, blaa blaa (no pun intended) abortions... LETS FACE IT planned parent hood is going help keep a future generation of career entitlement seekers from happening with controception, education, and yes an abortion here adn there (3-4% of their services) call that racist if you must, but thats called REAL TALK (and im talking about a lowerclass not a color) because FACT poor breed poor

One more thing about unemployement. its pretty low in my state FYI, but regardless. I hire and fire 3 to 4 people a month. Here is what I am seeing. BTW I REQUIRE RESUMES NO APPLICATIONS
    1. Gen Y really sucks at being responsible adults. You can barely get them off their iPhones. They are all about pay me to perform instead of LET ME EARN MY KEEP and work my way up.
    2. Quite a few have tattoos, peircings, dont dress for interviews dont follow rules
    3. Criminal records!
    4. (this one sucks) older over qualified people who didnt do GREAT at thier previous jobs, and now can find the same pay. when the economy hit the first ones to get chopped where DEAD WEIGHT.
    5. RARE - someone that actually is really good, and is just down on hardtimes and totally deserves a shot.

BTW retail sales are WAY UP this year in my state, unemployement is down, and things are LOOKING BRIGHT.

NO MATTER who is the next president I 100% think the economy is coming back and they will get the credit. I would have to take a WORLD event for things to go backward like a war, major terrorist attack etc... But if we keep on course its only going to get better.

OMG my fav last point. What is the gauge we are going by? meaning are we trying to get back to the point right before the bubble burst. You know... the part were banks were lending retardedly, to people who could not afford things, and the housing market when up 20% every year for 5 years, and people were spending hand over fist on credit because "theycould". I really hope not. Investmetns and saving is meant for the long haul, not to "get rich quick" if your trying to go back to pre iraq war please stop. IT WAS JUST A FANTASY FOR MOST ANYWAY.
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 10-13-2012 at 22:02.

Wow Mags, thats some post.
    I'll be needing another coffee in me before i respond tho.
    nice

.1. hispanics, and african americans typically vote democrat and now women too – Not the women I know and as far as the other two why is that?

2. you say career entitlement receivers... who is the majority of those who recieve entitlements as a career? – You tell me because personally I don’t give a hoot what color or nationality they are because it won’t change their career choice.

3. I expected Ryan to own him and IMO it was almost vise versa. I dont like him, but I also dont have a problem saying romney took the first debate. I expected Ryan to kick his ***, and it just didnt happen. If it did, we would all be hearing about his victory instead of pointing the finger at biden making faces and interupting. If he cured cancer I would vote for him btw. – First it is my opinion that Biden is ****** and has been for 25+ years. His clown show didn’t bother me because that’s what I expect to see out of him on a daily basis. Hell, even SNL ran a skit on Biden’s debate buffoonery last night. To be fair though I too thought Ryan would dominate the debate and he didn’t. That being said neither did the clown. Draw.

4. YOU cannot deny rascism exists on both sides of the party lines, and I THINK that many less intellegent republicans (less intellegent then us, you know the ones who think obama is a muslim terrorist) stereo type the receivers on entitlements. – I agree with you on racism existing on both sides. Poll numbers reflect that.

5. I really wish we knew how many recipients of entitlement were actaully black and carear receivers, but I dont. I have heard that more white people get assistance then african americans which is possible. – Back to the race thing. Again it doesn’t matter the race. A mooch is still a mooch,a turd is a turd no matter the race however I don’t doubt that “white’s” get more assistance because they’re still the majority. Still don’t make it okay.

When romney said 47%..... and when Ryan said 30% are takers.... They are just fueling the fire of their base who we can all agree on have rascist members. NOT ALL, not too many were I live, not sure about were you live, but I can assure you that there are 10s of millions of rascist voter out there. They might not admit it (some are proud of it), but deep down inside A LOT of people are rascist, sexist, biggots, hypocrits. I am for 100% equality across the board. race, sex, sexual orientation EVERYTHING. What is good for one is good for all. – Sure I’d be willing to agree with you that there are registered republicans that are racist but to think that Obama’s base is not full of racist would be just plum ignorant. For the record I happen to know a few democrats that are racist. As far as the “sexual orientation” goes I could care less. People can love & marry who they want. Don’t mean I have to agree with it but it isn’t me so what do I care, not my business.

6. I was not accusing you or anyone on this forum of stereotyping or being rascist, but I do know that most people are peices of shit and that is what it is, so when I say there is issues with race its because I wholeheartedly believe there is. Maybe not you, maybe not this forum, but generally speaking ABSOLUTELY. And that cuts both ways across all races. – Fair enough.

7 In closing, the funny thing is that they have us all talking about entitlement programs ONCE AGAIN pegging parties against each other. Could we trim some fat sure we could, but there are bigger fish to fry. Notice no one is talking about earmarks, and pats on the back this time around because that talk didnt move the needle much last time. Notice not many are talking about congresses 8-11% approval rating. Ita all being diverted to topics to pit parties against each other. – WOW…..I could spend all day on this one. EARMARKS aka legalized bribery. Both parties are guilty of this and unfortunately I’m not sure how we as voters can stop them. Did you read the friggin Obamacare bill? If you didn't don't worry because neither did a majority of those elected politicians who voted on it because they just wanted to push it through. If you did read it did you see any earmarks in the bill that had absolutely nothing to do with health care? I did. Do you know there's actually an earmark that covers peanut research in Alabama, one for pig waste management in N.C. and another that has to do with Polynesian Voyaging Society in Hawaii? WTF does any of that have to do with health care!?! I only mentioned a couple but there are literally dozens of items attached to the bill that don't belong. I get that earmarks may be normal practice in government and both parties area at fault but that doesn't make it right. Especially when dealing with a bill like this one that will add such a monumental debt burden to the nation. I said monumental debt burden to the nation but I really should of said states because it is them that will get jammed and ultimately have to fund the program.

8. still going... look when you help several hundred million americans there is going to be some hangerson, and bloodsuckers, but it next to impossible to weed them out with out effecting the help to those that really need it. Another example is the part in obmama care that makes health insurances pay for womens controception. YES chuches dont like it, and YES thousands of women work for religeous outfits, and there is an issue there, BUT that act helps a hundred million women. so are we going to jepordize the heath of 100million because relegeous groups dont want birth control given to a few thousand female employees? COME ON it shouldnt even be a point. honestly if those women really believed in their relegeon they wouldnt be using the controception anyway right? I know there is a point there, but the reward outways the risk in this case and many others. You can knitpick every little thing. – So because we can’t weed out the blood suckers we should FORCE everyone else to pay the price? I don’t get that thinking. Now before you go all “gangster” on me I want to say that I applaud the current administration for trying to fix the Health care system because as an industry that is a required necessity to live the costs are way out of control. It's broken! I agree fully that there needs to be health care reform because there is a fundamental problem with the system in America when a good portion of those who are of working age, work 40+ hours a week to support their family, even have insurance through their work and yet they still have to decide if they can afford to go to the doctor or not. Why is that? Why is it that those who just happen to stumble in to the country or those that choose freeloading as a career can get all of the health care they need? That being said according to a previous comment made by you you put fault solely on the doctors. Other than greed do you think there could be any other reason for high medical cost? Could it be because of those that don't pay and somehow the bill needs paid? Malpractice insurance because of the sue mentality this nation has? I ask because I don't know but I'm not sure why I'm asking because I'm sure you don't either.

But

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the plan that's being jammed on us may not be the right one for ALL of us? I don't know either way if the bill should be repealed or not but if kept at the very least the bill needs to be cleaned up to include nothing but health care related items. Did you also know that the bill contains amendments to it so particular supporters of the current administrations political party can opt out? Why the amendments if the plan is so awesome? That too needs to be addressed because if it's good enough to be forced on some surely it can be forced on all unions.

9. what is "real recovery" Romney Ryan have not actually said specifically what they are going to do. "we are going to close loopholes" Really? which ones?, we are going to install a "framework to work across party lines" Really so which loop holes again? NO ANSWER. They have some HUGE ideas, but no specifics. Its HOT AIR. Even my hardcore rep friends admit to me in private that they are not even voting for Romeny/Ryan, they are voting AGAINST obama. if they say there going to take away the child tax credit they will Lose, if they say there gong to take away the ability to write off interest on your home loans they will lose, but honestly its going to have to be something HUGE if not more to cut the deficit in the amount they say they want too. NO ONE will vote for that. – And the Obama plan is what again, build bigger government? As far as this paragraph goes we can just swap Romney with Obama and Obama with Romney and we can say I wrote it.

Why? Because no one likes to loose! BOTH parties have created this situation where half of america is going to LOOSE! It SUCKS. Dems did it when they have complete control after Bush screwed up, and passed obmamacare with ZERO rep votes, NOW reps basically block EVERY bill that comes across from the dems and the president. Its obvious they are not doing their jobs because they ahve such a low approval rating. You know why we dont have REAL recovery, its because NOTHING is getting done. You need EVERYONE to be on board to get things passed, and its a ****ing DEADLOCK. – Republicans block every bill? Maybe if the President tried reaching across the aisle and tried working with them on things could be different. You just keep towing the party line though and just blame congress but when the democrats controlled both houses and the Whitehouse they got NOTHING done!

If you really wnat to know why im voting for obama here it is. (by no means is obama all that great, but...) - I want you to know that I 100% respect your reasons for voting the way you are even though I disagree with 6 of your 6 reasons listed below for doing so. As with every legal voter you have the right to vote for the person you feel will best represent you. As long as you only vote once and don’t let your pets vote!

#1 OBAMACARE. I like it, I think it will work, and It REALLY helps my family, and I love what it does for women
    2. Jobs growth month after month (not great but getting good)
    3. Unemployment is going down (not fast enough but getting faster)
    4. Im not much better than 4 years ago, but im ALOT better than 5 years ago
    5. I dont think Romney has a REAL gameplan, he is just playing the game, and playing on the card of "anyone but obama" If someone really good would have stepped up then I would vote for them. Even most repulicans didnt like ANY of the candidates running for the nomination.
    6. Planned Parenthood, blaa blaa (no pun intended) abortions... LETS FACE IT planned parent hood is going help keep a future generation of career entitlement seekers from happening with controception, education, and yes an abortion here adn there (3-4% of their services) call that racist if you must, but thats called REAL TALK (and im talking about a lowerclass not a color) because FACT poor breed poor

One more thing about unemployement. its pretty low in my state FYI, but regardless. I hire and fire 3 to 4 people a month. Here is what I am seeing. BTW I REQUIRE RESUMES NO APPLICATIONS
    1. Gen Y really sucks at being responsible adults. You can barely get them off their iPhones. They are all about pay me to perform instead of LET ME EARN MY KEEP and work my way up. - Agreed
    2. Quite a few have tattoos, peircings, dont dress for interviews dont follow rules – Agreed. I actually had a person show up to an interview with cutoff jean shorts and a wife beater on…
    3. Criminal records! – but they were innocent.
    4. (this one sucks) older over qualified people who didnt do GREAT at thier previous jobs, and now can find the same pay. when the economy hit the first ones to get chopped where DEAD WEIGHT. – Agreed. I feel so bad for them when I interview them.
    5. RARE - someone that actually is really good, and is just down on hardtimes and totally deserves a shot. - Agreed

BTW retail sales are WAY UP this year in my state, unemployement is down, and things are LOOKING BRIGHT. – I disagree with the unemployment numbers. I contend that those numbers are affected by those that are no longer eligible to collect so they all off of the rolls and re-find themselves on welfare.

NO MATTER who is the next president I 100% think the economy is coming back and they will get the credit. I would have to take a WORLD event for things to go backward like a war, major terrorist attack etc... But if we keep on course its only going to get better. – Well we don’t have to worry about terrorist attacks while Obama is in office because they don’t happen even when they do.

OMG my fav last point. What is the gauge we are going by? meaning are we trying to get back to the point right before the bubble burst. You know... the part were banks were lending retardedly, to people who could not afford things, and the housing market when up 20% every year for 5 years, and people were spending hand over fist on credit because "theycould". I really hope not. Investmetns and saving is meant for the long haul, not to "get rich quick" if your trying to go back to pre iraq war please stop. IT WAS JUST A FANTASY FOR MOST ANYWAY. - too confusing for me to reply. My brain is fried + the EAGLES game is about to come on.
    Vote Romney/Ryan!!

they say 1/6 of dr offices etc will close due to obama care. the reason is because obama care will not allow governement programs to OVERPAY for proceedures. Romney hates this and want to cointinue to BAIL OUT abusive over charging drs. but when it comes to GM NO BAILOUT, so wtf gives? dont play peoples strings
    Who's the, "they" that say 1/6 of dr offices etc will close due to obama care. the reason is because obama care will not allow government programs to OVERPAY for procedures? Or did you just make that mumbo jumbo up?... I also contend that you really have NO idea why Romney "hates" Obamacare and just decided to make up a reason that fits your thoughts.

You said Romney, "want to cointinue to BAIL OUT abusive over charging drs"? I don't get it. Are you implying that Obama is already bailing out doctors that over charge and you think Romney will continue doing the same?

Just my opinion here but NO, the government should not have bailed out GM. I don't give two jacks which political party is in control of the government they have NO right to pick and choose which business's they want to help out and what ones they want to let fail. If GM and its employees wanted to succeed let them work out their own labor issues and come up with a quality product that people want at prices people can afford. If they can't fix their own problems then they need to go away! Sounds harsh but that's just how business works.

Another thing as far as bailouts go, the Federal government should NOT be bailing out individual states or cities either, get ready because its coming. Times are tough all around. I suggest people get with the program and elect local and state politicians that will make the tough decisions to straighten out the economy instead of those that don't want to offend a particular voter base so they just keep adding to the debt. A state that is a leader in dairy products comes to mind.