Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gems of wisdom from the Republican Party

@DevilDog Ryan said 1/6 at the debate. Romney doesn't like it because if he endorsed it he wouldn't get the nomination. Neither like it because its a bill produced by a dem voted in solely by dens and in a shady way. There are other reasons but those are the primary ones.

@Blade I didnt read the bill, but I read the parameters of obamacare and agree with most of them (not all, but what piece of paper serves the best interests of all) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

Fact is that we are all fighting, and the parties are more divided then ever. The last time our country stood together as one was 9/11/01

I dont hate either party, I HATE the media giants who SPIN pretty much every little thing. Most of the issues are dismissed or the blame game is played by ALL, the petty BS crap comes out and the conspiracy theories DIVIDE us even further. I dont think ANY president can heel our nation in the way we need it.
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 10-14-2012 at 14:42.

I agree with you on this one DD
    "Just my opinion here but NO, the government should not have bailed out GM. I don't give two jacks which political party is in control of the government they have NO right to pick and choose which business's they want to help out and what ones they want to let fail. If GM and its employees wanted to succeed let them work out their own labor issues and come up with a quality product that people want at prices people can afford. If they can't fix their own problems then they need to go away! Sounds harsh but that's just how business works."

and it dos sound harsh but the agreements they make and then break are ridiculous.
    You need to have a balenced field for helping businesses.

On a unrealated note:
    My dept is a victim of downsizing again.
    I have to let a guy go on Friday.
    So i go from 4 down to 3 and make it work
    He's 57 so he'll go on unemployment for awhile and try to find something I hope,.
    Won't be easy,never is.
    Yeah things are so much better...my arse.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/14/romney-tax-plan-ed-gillespie_n_1964934.html?1350224091&ncid=edlinkusa olp00000009

E
    VERYTIME the Romney Ryan ticket is asked, they simply cannot give any detail on what deductions or loopholes will be altered, and how THAT is going to pay BIG as far as debt reduction.

Its "anyone but obama" that will even give the republican ticket a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeEWG View Post

On a unrealated note:
    My dept is a victim of downsizing again.
    I have to let a guy go on Friday.
    So i go from 4 down to 3 and make it work
    He's 57 so he'll go on unemployment for awhile and try to find something I hope,.
    Won't be easy,never is.
    Yeah things are so much better...my arse.
    times are changing, industries are changing, business as usual is NO LONGER. The company I work for saw a 30% decrease in sales in the last year of Bush, then 30 again on the first year of obama, then 10, then 0, now +15. we stopped being profitable but AT NO TIME did we lose money. We reduced our staff by 1 the whole time, and just started working smarter instead of on cruise control.

1.4 was our normal. on the bubble we were at 1.7. our low is 1.2 last year and year before. we should see 1.275-1.3 this year. So I ask you. what is normal 1.4 or 1.7? If I get 1.4 am I good, or No? So my question on recovery is... Is 1.4 recovered or is 1.7 recovered. I think 1.7 was pretty great, but it COST the country when the bubble burst. We actually could have a real 1.5-1.6 by now if we didnt see that HUGE POP in the economy.

Unregulated banks, 2 wars, and bad politics costs us 2 steps backward, now its going to be a LONG step forward. regardless of who the president is.

I can never understand why you yanks can't just have one big National (Federal) health service. It would solve far more problems than it created.

and I don't understand why we just don't get a King or Queen.
    That would solve a lot of probblems also and we'd not have to waste so much time on this election jazz

Quote Originally Posted by BladeEWG View Post
    and I don't understand why we just don't get a King or Queen.
    That would solve a lot of probblems also and we'd not have to waste so much time on this election jazz
    Well, we have a queen and still have to put up with elections and lying politicians

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=INDEXDJXJI

looking at the 5yr avg of the DOW (which so many people use to judge the economy) I'd say we are ok

I don't know a lot about politics but I do know how they can cut some of the deficit. we wanna cut some deficit? How about making these politicians get a job or paying for their house or cars instead of having everything given to them while they work for the government even after they are done working for the government to my understanding they get everything for free.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    https://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=INDEXDJXJI

looking at the 5yr avg of the DOW (which so many people use to judge the economy) I'd say we are ok
    Better yet look at the ten year. You can see bush's collapse and Obama's recovery more clearly.