Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Benghazi

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    While the two SEALS may have been able to kill all of the attackers at the time, once word got out of a "massacre of libyan civilans" by US troops, all hell would break loose across not just libya but the whole middle east. It would be open season on every westerner in general and americans in particular. I seriously doubt that they could have got him out of the country alive in those circumstances.
    1. It's already open season on every westerner.

2. Even if they spun it as a slaughter of Innocent Libyan Civilians it wouldn't make a difference in anyone's opinion towards the US. The logical ones would see the facts of reality and the extremist that actually believe it was anything other than defending a consulate are all ready willing to blow themselves up.

3. Yes, with proper support they could have gotten out of there or at least made it to the better defended CIA outpost one mile away to wait for a helo.

4. The level of chaos in the middle east really can't get much worse outside of Iran Nuking someone. Terrorist, Drones, Military and other things kill hundreds of "innocent" people every year.

I personally think the USA and Britain should completely pull out of the middle east. They all hate us and only use us for our aid money and oil purchases. Seriously, I've been to a few countries over there and most only care about their religion and money. I say let them figure it out for themselves and the rest of us should just stay the hell away.

I agree we need to pull out and just let them do their thing. We've already seen that the civilians will revolt if they don't like their ruler. Yes it may take awhile and be bloody but this is the better course than us "doing it for them" . We give them something else to hate while we are there oppressing them with our democracy mongering(TM)

I'm going to make myself very unpopular with the following remarks, but every one seems to be forgetting that an army is nothing more than an extention of economic policy. In the bigger scheme of things the death of the SEAL's and ambassador + aides is of little significance except for their loved ones who will bear the loss the rest of their lives. Countries like france, italy, GB will not pull out of libya as their vested interests with Shell, GDF etc are simply to big. same reason with Iraq and same reason why nothing is or will be done with egypt, syria and lebanon.

The death of the seals is unfortunate to say the least, and might have been prevented in this instance. On the other hand, although the SEALs are quite capable there is little you can do against bomtrucks, IED's etc, and you never quite know what kind of resistance they would have met when trying to move / escape haveing evaded the mortar team.

You have received a warning at Nation-Wars Community Forum.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

You deserve that infraction for being mean to Maggio.. I hope you have learned your lesson. Now go to your room and don't come out till you are ready to say you're sorry.

bad bad boy!!

morituri te salutant

EURO Retals

I would like to comment on that one: Every american is an idiot.

have you been to middle east? plus i seriously doubt your military expertise just because you seem to not like the chain of command... "field soldier knows better".

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post

have you been to middle east? plus i seriously doubt your military expertise just because you seem to not like the chain of command... "field soldier knows better".
    Blaa don't meddle in things that are not yours to meddle in. Can't you see the murricans are talking?
    >Gretchen will never choose to sit next to you in class.

Amanda even attempts an underwater blowjob but nearly drowns after getting carried away.

stay out ferrreners!

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post

I wouldn't say we are all idiots but we really have a hard time defending ourselves due to the actions of many of our beloved citizens both abroad and at home.

I have been to several countries in the middle east. My point was not so much about the chain of command as it was that the person on scene often has a better perspective of the actual conditions than someone far removed from it.
    Last edited by L P; 11-09-2012 at 21:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Well, my knowledge of it comes from a level in COD. While I suppose it could take out individual people, I doubt it's quite as precise as you claim.
    OHHHHHH yeah, sorry, ok you got it from COD, I must be mistaken then...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    OHHHHHH yeah, sorry, ok you got it from COD, I must be mistaken then...
    Hey, I never claimed to be an expert on the US military

Quote Originally Posted by L P View Post

2. Even if they spun it as a slaughter of Innocent Libyan Civilians it wouldn't make a difference in anyone's opinion towards the US. The logical ones would see the facts of reality and the extremist that actually believe it was anything other than defending a consulate are all ready willing to blow themselves up.

3. Yes, with proper support they could have gotten out of there or at least made it to the better defended CIA outpost one mile away to wait for a helo.

4. The level of chaos in the middle east really can't get much worse outside of Iran Nuking someone. Terrorist, Drones, Military and other things kill hundreds of "innocent" people every year.

I personally think the USA and Britain should completely pull out of the middle east. They all hate us and only use us for our aid money and oil purchases. Seriously, I've been to a few countries over there and most only care about their religion and money. I say let them figure it out for themselves and the rest of us should just stay the hell away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MellonColly View Post
    I agree we need to pull out and just let them do their thing. We've already seen that the civilians will revolt if they don't like their ruler. Yes it may take awhile and be bloody but this is the better course than us "doing it for them" . We give them something else to hate while we are there oppressing them with our democracy mongering(TM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scav View Post
    I'm going to make myself very unpopular with the following remarks, but every one seems to be forgetting that an army is nothing more than an extention of economic policy. In the bigger scheme of things the death of the SEAL's and ambassador + aides is of little significance except for their loved ones who will bear the loss the rest of their lives. Countries like france, italy, GB will not pull out of libya as their vested interests with Shell, GDF etc are simply to big. same reason with Iraq and same reason why nothing is or will be done with egypt, syria and lebanon.

The death of the seals is unfortunate to say the least, and might have been prevented in this instance. On the other hand, although the SEALs are quite capable there is little you can do against bomtrucks, IED's etc, and you never quite know what kind of resistance they would have met when trying to move / escape haveing evaded the mortar team.
    Well I am sure a lot of you will say,. "dogma has lost his mind" or " he is just old, pay no attention" But the US cannot pull out of the middle east. If the US and Britain were to pull completely out, then Israel would cease to exist in short order.

I do agree that we should not be trying to spread our form of govt to those that don't want it. I also agree that the Middle east is already a powder keg that only cares about their religion, or the subversion of a religion and money. IF we were to get to be independent of their oil, then we could choose not to buy it form them, but that would take EVERYONE. Then, let them eat the only other thing that they have in abundance over there, sand.