Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Benghazi

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Hey, I never claimed to be an expert on the US military
    Well I do study US military and with one Spooky, the entire attack could have been stopped. Probably too late for the Ambassador, but the people there (at the embassy) attacking wouldn't have had the opportunity to go hide. They can in fact precisely take a target and not "level an entire town" with that platform.

But to tell you the truth, I probably would have been ok with the leveling of an entire town in order to protect even one of our ambassadors. That was an attack on sovereign territory just as all British embassies are British territory.
    Last edited by Dogma; 11-10-2012 at 07:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Well I am sure a lot of you will say,. "dogma has lost his mind" or " he is just old, pay no attention" But the US cannot pull out of the middle east. If the US and Britain were to pull completely out, then Israel would cease to exist in short order.

I do agree that we should not be trying to spread our form of govt to those that don't want it. I also agree that the Middle east is already a powder keg that only cares about their religion, or the subversion of a religion and money. IF we were to get to be independent of their oil, then we could choose not to buy it form them, but that would take EVERYONE. Then, let them eat the only other thing that they have in abundance over there, sand.
    Why is it the job of the US and Britain to protect Israel at all costs? Especially Britain, which has suffered terrorist attacks in the past from Israel. Pull out and let them fend for themselves. I agree with you about ending oil dependency, but to do that you'll need to break the power of the oil companies.

Well I do study US military and with one Spooky, the entire attack could have been stopped. Probably too late for the Ambassador, but the people there (at the embassy) attacking wouldn't have had the opportunity to go hide. They can in fact precisely take a target and not "level an entire town" with that platform.

But to tell you the truth, I probably would have been ok with the leveling of an entire town in order to protect even one of our ambassadors. That was an attack on sovereign territory just as all British embassies are British territory.
    That..... is a scary line of thought. I didn't think you were that bloodthirsty.

Why is it the job of the US and Britain to protect Israel at all costs? Especially Britain, which has suffered terrorist attacks in the past from Israel. Pull out and let them fend for themselves. I agree with you about ending oil dependency, but to do that you'll need to break the power of the oil companies.
    Should we have let Britain fend for themselves 70 years ago? Should we have left the French to learn German? Should we have left Australia to fend for itself back then as well? Should we have allowed Nazi Germany alone to take what it wanted as long as they stayed on their side of the pond?

Why was it our job to send Supplies via convoy across the Atlantic when we weren't attacked?

That..... is a scary line of thought. I didn't think you were that bloodthirsty.
    I am not bloodthirsty, I am just tired of ***** footing around with these people who have no respect for human life. If they want to meet Allah, let us arrange the meeting.

Those who attack our people for trying to help them. Those thinking that that want to bring Sharia to the world. Just wait WIll, they are already in Britain. These monkeys that live in caves and huts want the world to live in huts and caves. Sorry, I am not giving up my house nor my freedom.

Should we have let Britain fend for themselves 70 years ago? Should we have left the French to learn German? Should we have left Australia to fend for itself back then as well? Should we have allowed Nazi Germany alone to take what it wanted as long as they stayed on their side of the pond?

Why was it our job to send Supplies via convoy across the Atlantic when we weren't attacked?
    It wasn't. But would you have wanted Nazi Germany to take full control over all of Europe? Hitler's future plans involved a united Europe fighting the US, which you would have lost badly. Between the Kriegsmarine, French Navy, IJN and the Royal Navy (either captured or allied to the Germans) the US fleet would have been wiped out. At the start of the war the USN was roughly on a par with the RN. With all the other fleets added together, the Atlantic fleet would have been torn to pieces. Then you would start seeing landings by Axis forces all along the east coast.

And how can you possibly compare Europe to Israel in any case? Britain and France are states with over 1500 years of history. Israel has what, 65? It was carved out of Palestine without any regard for the wishes of the Palestinians, (along with jewish terrorist groups like the Irgun and Stern gang killing British soldiers trying to ensure an orderly transition) and kept afloat with massive miltary aid. If you cut it off, there would not be some immediate all out attack by all the arabs. Israel's nukes alone would stop that. What you would see is Israel not being able to mess with the region any more, and actually having to make a few concessions to their neighbours.

I don't understand how a patriotic American could support a state which has launched unprovoked attacks on US troops (USS Liberty), sold US tech to China, and now threatens to drag the US into war with Iran.

It wasn't. But would you have wanted Nazi Germany to take full control over all of Europe? Hitler's future plans involved a united Europe fighting the US, which you would have lost badly. Between the Kriegsmarine, French Navy, IJN and the Royal Navy (either captured or allied to the Germans) the US fleet would have been wiped out. At the start of the war the USN was roughly on a par with the RN. With all the other fleets added together, the Atlantic fleet would have been torn to pieces. Then you would start seeing landings by Axis forces all along the east coast.

And how can you possibly compare Europe to Israel in any case? Britain and France are states with over 1500 years of history. Israel has what, 65? It was carved out of Palestine without any regard for the wishes of the Palestinians, (along with jewish terrorist groups like the Irgun and Stern gang killing British soldiers trying to ensure an orderly transition) and kept afloat with massive miltary aid. If you cut it off, there would not be some immediate all out attack by all the arabs. Israel's nukes alone would stop that. What you would see is Israel not being able to mess with the region any more, and actually having to make a few concessions to their neighbours.

I don't understand how a patriotic American could support a state which has launched unprovoked attacks on US troops (USS Liberty), sold US tech to China, and now threatens to drag the US into war with Iran.

Are their people any less human or deserving of protection than the British of Europe? Do they not deserve to live?

How can you possibly compare your life or the lives of Europeans as more worthy of living than anyone else's? Who cares how long they have been around. USA has been around just over 240 years but yet, who was it that came to the aid of Europe?

Do you seriously say that Anglo loves are more worthy of living that the Jews?

Are their people any less human or deserving of protection than the British of Europe? Do they not deserve to live?

How can you possibly compare your life or the lives of Europeans as more worthy of living than anyone else's? Who cares how long they have been around. USA has been around just over 240 years but yet, who was it that came to the aid of Europe?

Do you seriously say that Anglo loves are more worthy of living that the Jews?
    The point is they have no real right to be there. Britain is the homeland of the English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh. France is the homeland of the many French cultures. Israel is supposed to be the Jewish homeland, yet less than half of the world's Jews live there. It's little more than a colony, on a par with South Africa under Apartheid.

This isn't about survival. The US pulling out of the middle east will not result in every Jew in Israel being killed. It will knock them off their pedestal somewhat, but considering their behaviour, that will be for the better.

Will, I really did not realize you were bigoted.

We will again agree to disagree and I will not continue in this one anymore.

I am.quitting smoking and my patience is nonexistent at the moment.

Just look up USS Liberty on Google. You might have second thoughts about how much of a US ally Israel is.