Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Empire Strikes Back - UK most powerful nation on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Tell her to spoil the ballot Did you vote for a police commisioner?

Patriotism is a waste of time unless we somehow bring back the empire, and there's more chance of Poland conquering Russia than that.

As to the EU, I agree there's plenty wrong with it, but the UK is too small to be credible standing on our own, and the other option is to become 51st state. Sod that, better the French and Germans than the madness that runs rampant in the US. (no offense to the yanks here btw) We either become:

1) Insignificant Island

2) Major player in EU

3) Officialy a US colony (arguable we're already one unofficialy)
    Well Poland did conquer Russia for a tiny bit of their history im sure theyre still masturbating over it xD

Well what about countries like Australia/Canada/New Zealand? Mexico? There are shitload of countries in the world and im sure theyre not butthurt about being "insignificant". Who cares if were no longer credible. Hey, hopefully that stops the legions of benefit seekers and political asylum seekers coming in here. Borders should be closed. Only immigrants allowed in should be either v.skilled ones or high net worth investors (thats how my family got here ). Theres all this talk about local population not willing to do the jobs that low skilled immigrants are willing to....well that seems to imply our local population is somehow highly 100percent skilled. It is anything but that.

A sense of pride in community & society needs to be installed in these people. They should be forced to work for charities / doing public works if they want to continue receiving their benefits and are somehow unsuccessfull in their job search. or something along those lines. But then again im sure theres some EU Human Rights bill that will deem that against their human rights of doing only 1-2 hours worth of job searching a week, collecting benefits then playing Xbox rest of time.

Personally I have no idea how people can stay on the dole. When I graduated University I had no job lined up and spent ages looking for one. I was also living alone and spent all the money left to me on various recreations. When I ran out of money I applied to job seekers allowance whilst still searching for graduate jobs....I was on that for a whole 2-3 weeks before I got so fed up that I found a flexible PT job on an OK income. After working in that I found a FT one afterwards...the whole process of always needing to go the the job centre and deal with their massive ineptitude and beauracracy was mind blowing numbing. I felt I had a better grasp on the employment market than some of the people working there. Who couldn't even type without spelling errors tbh.

Anyway, I guess you could say im quite the isolationist. Switzerland is loving it. Why can't we? The people of the EU are too diverge in their beliefs and opinions to be able to have as a result a unified policy on things such FA etc. and i 100percent sure that as soon as UK loses any chance of leaving and are forced to stay, people will start shitting all over us inside the EU too. Major player my ***.

I dont see why we cant try and rebuild the ties with NZ/Aus/Canada. Atleast those are countries we are really close to rather than French and Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    Well Poland did conquer Russia for a tiny bit of their history im sure theyre still masturbating over it xD

Well what about countries like Australia/Canada/New Zealand? Mexico? There are shitload of countries in the world and im sure theyre not butthurt about being "insignificant". Who cares if were no longer credible. Hey, hopefully that stops the legions of benefit seekers and political asylum seekers coming in here. Borders should be closed. Only immigrants allowed in should be either v.skilled ones or high net worth investors (thats how my family got here ). Theres all this talk about local population not willing to do the jobs that low skilled immigrants are willing to....well that seems to imply our local population is somehow highly 100percent skilled. It is anything but that.

A sense of pride in community & society needs to be installed in these people. They should be forced to work for charities / doing public works if they want to continue receiving their benefits and are somehow unsuccessfull in their job search. or something along those lines. But then again im sure theres some EU Human Rights bill that will deem that against their human rights of doing only 1-2 hours worth of job searching a week, collecting benefits then playing Xbox rest of time.

Personally I have no idea how people can stay on the dole. When I graduated University I had no job lined up and spent ages looking for one. I was also living alone and spent all the money left to me on various recreations. When I ran out of money I applied to job seekers allowance whilst still searching for graduate jobs....I was on that for a whole 2-3 weeks before I got so fed up that I found a flexible PT job on an OK income. After working in that I found a FT one afterwards...the whole process of always needing to go the the job centre and deal with their massive ineptitude and beauracracy was mind blowing numbing. I felt I had a better grasp on the employment market than some of the people working there. Who couldn't even type without spelling errors tbh.

Anyway, I guess you could say im quite the isolationist. Switzerland is loving it. Why can't we? The people of the EU are too diverge in their beliefs and opinions to be able to have as a result a unified policy on things such FA etc. and i 100percent sure that as soon as UK loses any chance of leaving and are forced to stay, people will start shitting all over us inside the EU too. Major player my ***.

I dont see why we cant try and rebuild the ties with NZ/Aus/Canada. Atleast those are countries we are really close to rather than French and Germans.
    NZ/Aus/Canada are closer to the US nowadays than us. Unless we can somehow outbid the yanks I doubt they'll be that bothered about closer ties.

Most of the other "insignificant" countries don't quite have the history we do, and our government just lovesto poke it's nose where it's not needed.

As far as the "immigrants do the work british people don't want to do", this is largely crap. The problem is that the jobs don't pay enough to have any kind of decent living standards on. Combine this with people looking down their noses at you if you don't earn a ton of money, and it's not surprising people stay on benefits. How many cleaners could be employed on the salary of a banker? and who does the most good for society, the banker or the cleaners?

NZ/Aus/Canada are closer to the US nowadays than us. Unless we can somehow outbid the yanks I doubt they'll be that bothered about closer ties.

Most of the other "insignificant" countries don't quite have the history we do, and our government just lovesto poke it's nose where it's not needed.

As far as the "immigrants do the work british people don't want to do", this is largely crap. The problem is that the jobs don't pay enough to have any kind of decent living standards on. Combine this with people looking down their noses at you if you don't earn a ton of money, and it's not surprising people stay on benefits. How many cleaners could be employed on the salary of a banker? and who does the most good for society, the banker or the cleaners?
    well thats the thing. why do people feel entitled to have some sort of decent living standard if they dont work hard enough? and decent standards shouldnt be available on benefits. survival should be available. thats about it. no spare money for things like TVs, xbox, gifts, holidays etc. nothing above survival. why should others pay for it?

salary is given based on contribution to the firm not on contribution to society. theres a profit motivation. cleaners produce 0 profit and are a cost centre hence aren't paid much (not to mention most of them are probably gov workers?). Bankers are profit makers (theoretically) for their firms and hence get paid more. Not that I support the banking industry in general....but salary should be based on how much fiscal benefit youre giving to your salary payer.

Besides, im sure if there were less people willing to take those poor *** cleaner salaries (ie no EU & rest of the world unqualified flood), theyd be higher due to a more constricted labour market and people would be more willing to take them up.

Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

well thats the thing. why do people feel entitled to have some sort of decent living standard if they dont work hard enough? and decent standards shouldnt be available on benefits. survival should be available. thats about it. no spare money for things like TVs, xbox, gifts, holidays etc. nothing above survival. why should others pay for it?

salary is given based on contribution to the firm not on contribution to society. theres a profit motivation. cleaners produce 0 profit and are a cost centre hence aren't paid much (not to mention most of them are probably gov workers?). Bankers are profit makers (theoretically) for their firms and hence get paid more. Not that I support the banking industry in general....but salary should be based on how much fiscal benefit youre giving to your salary payer.

Besides, im sure if there were less people willing to take those poor *** cleaner salaries (ie no EU & rest of the world unqualified flood), theyd be higher due to a more constricted labour market and people would be more willing to take them up.
    While it's technically true that cleaners don't produce profit, it's arguable that they save tons of money by removing issues that would cost even more to clean up. Take a hospital. Full time cleaner on minimum wage costs about 12k/year. However, if they weren't there, you'd get major problems with infections which would cost far more in both costs to clean up + compensation claims/fines. You can't measure value to society (or even a company) based on purely how much money someone makes directly. There are other factors in play.

As far as benefits are concerned, I'm increasingly convinced that the system is in effect a massive bribe to the "underclass" (chavs and such) since if you reduced them to subsistence level only, crime would skyrocket and rioting would replace jeremy kyle as the new form of entertainment.

While it's technically true that cleaners don't produce profit, it's arguable that they save tons of money by removing issues that would cost even more to clean up. Take a hospital. Full time cleaner on minimum wage costs about 12k/year. However, if they weren't there, you'd get major problems with infections which would cost far more in both costs to clean up + compensation claims/fines. You can't measure value to society (or even a company) based on purely how much money someone makes directly. There are other factors in play.

As far as benefits are concerned, I'm increasingly convinced that the system is in effect a massive bribe to the "underclass" (chavs and such) since if you reduced them to subsistence level only, crime would skyrocket and rioting would replace jeremy kyle as the new form of entertainment.
    Yes Government spending is a massive bribe. Thats why politics are so disgusting. Governments do what they can to stay in power rather than progress the country. Maybe if they were forced to work on some nation wide programmes all day long theyd be too tired to then go and riot. dunno. The culture and attitude of this nation has gone down the shitter. Maybe the answer is to stop all immigration except that from China where people are super hardworking, let them interbreed overhere and eventually maybe a hardworking attitude will be instilled in the population. Theyre attempting to do socio-engineering either way, might as well do it with people for whom laziness is a sin

Yes Government spending is a massive bribe. Thats why politics are so disgusting. Governments do what they can to stay in power rather than progress the country. Maybe if they were forced to work on some nation wide programmes all day long theyd be too tired to then go and riot. dunno. The culture and attitude of this nation has gone down the shitter. Maybe the answer is to stop all immigration except that from China where people are super hardworking, let them interbreed overhere and eventually maybe a hardworking attitude will be instilled in the population. Theyre attempting to do socio-engineering either way, might as well do it with people for whom laziness is a sin
    You'd be just as likely to make the chinese lazy

Though I don't think they're so much as chasing votes as simply having no idea what to do. Way i see it, you either engage in a program of wide scale training + employment by the government, as you say on public works and such, or you have a policy of sterilisation of the underclass, which while it would probably work very well in reducing costs, any government trying it would be lynched. So they take the third option - pay them off.

Current government is about as inept as it gets, "Welfare Reform" which will piss off the chavs, and cutting police spending so next time they do some shopping with bricks, there aren't any police to stop it and either the country collapses or we get martial law declared.

You'd be just as likely to make the chinese lazy

Though I don't think they're so much as chasing votes as simply having no idea what to do. Way i see it, you either engage in a program of wide scale training + employment by the government, as you say on public works and such, or you have a policy of sterilisation of the underclass, which while it would probably work very well in reducing costs, any government trying it would be lynched. So they take the third option - pay them off.

Current government is about as inept as it gets, "Welfare Reform" which will piss off the chavs, and cutting police spending so next time they do some shopping with bricks, there aren't any police to stop it and either the country collapses or we get martial law declared.
    who knows, there are some conspiracy theories abound at the slow attempt to whittle down the underclass through flourinated drinking water and other such similar theories! The problem with eugenics, sterilisation of the society undesirables etc is that it will invariable end up in an attack on all remaining intelligent opposition to the powers that are trying to gain total control and power over us. Dont agree with government party line? Boom - > sterilized or what have you not, even if youre a valuable contributing member. etc etc.

So yeah...society & this country is ****ed up but theres no where too run sadly. Switzerland wont have anyone WHAT TO DOOOOOOOO

But yeah, back to the matter at hand - were already paying too much of our hard earned money supporting **** tards & corrupt politicians here in UK to afford to pay for the additional **** tards & corrupt politicians in the EU.

Unless of course we use the Guy Verhofstadt way of thinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMi8wI-enM

honestly this guy disgusts me so much.

But yeah, back to the matter at hand - were already paying too much of our hard earned money supporting **** tards & corrupt politicians here in UK to afford to pay for the additional **** tards & corrupt politicians in the EU.

Unless of course we use the Guy Verhofstadt way of thinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMi8wI-enM

honestly this guy disgusts me so much.
    ****, someone should have put Nigel Farage in the room with him. That would have been quality

****, someone should have put Nigel Farage in the room with him. That would have been quality
    I went to school with Nigel Farages son . Oh and instead of voting National Front, I got my mum to vote for UKIP for the by elections with me . Although the guy just seemed to be a compromise minority candidate. Most of his leaflet was about being a local guy, waiting on platform X for train and taking bus Y to work and shopping at centre Z etc ah well.

but yeah, how can you not like him ? thats what the EU is about. decreasing national sovereignty & local obligations, to be replaced by some massive beauracracy of highly paid eurocrats. What im most surprised is that nations who are vehemently nationalist and patriotic such as the polish & croats are rushing headlong into the EU :-/.