Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Nation Wars Redemption V2.0

Default Nation Wars Redemption V2.0

As we come to the end of the year I would like to announce that V2.0 of Nation Wars will be released next set (testing set) and if everything works well then fully released in January 2013.

Below is a list of changes that will be part of NW V2.0:

Attacks -

The game will only have 3 attacks.

Ground Attack - This pits Infantry/Tanks VS Infantry/Tanks. This attack is used to invade and occupy the enemies land. The occupied amount is added to your land. So basically, you have just invaded and declare that land, yours! There is no longer any "land grabbing" in the game. With that, also goes the large hits as well. If you want land quicker then you need to GA someone for a much smaller piece of land and take the chance of an all out war as there are no longer and "legal" attacks. You only gain the land with this attack. You will not get buildings or anything else too.

Air Attack - This is Jets/Bombers VS Jets/Sams. This attack destroys buildings, population and will also kill infantry and tanks at a higher % than the NA (Naval Assult).

Naval Attack - This is Ships VS Ships. This attack destroys military units and lowers readiness. With this attack the readiness is lowered at a random rate of 1-8 per attack.

Turns - It will still be 5 turns out of war and 2 turns while at war per attack.

Expanding - If you wish to not risk war you can explore for more land. This has been increased and will be adjust as needed.

Start Up Turns - Each state will now start out with 300 turns (up from 200). This includes restarts.

Max Turns - The max amount of turns one can have before they roll over to stored turns is 400.

Protection - Each state will leave protection at 300 turns (up from 200)

Science Production - This has been increased. Techers will now produce more science per turn.

Science Costs - The price of science has just gone up by 200.00 per science. With production higher and prices higher, it will help this strat.

Spies - Strength has been lowered, Prices have been lowered and production has been increased per turn. The prices of spies was outrageous compared to the capabilities of them.

Infantry - Strength has been lowered.

Tanks - Prices have been lowered, production has been increased.

Bombers - Prices have been lowered, production has been increased.

Ships - Prices have been lowered, production has been increased.

We needed to make sure units were more attractive but yet make it so indy's didn't lose on the deal. This is why production has been increased per turn. This will either offset the loss or equal it out. Tweaks will be made as needed.

The theme of the game will remain the same. It's a war game. If you want peace then play nice and use diplomacy. If you want to kill everything in sight then best of luck to you. Each state can increase it's land, but now it's not as simple as stocking 300 billion infantry and winning each attack. If you GA someone for land you better have other units to back you up as they can deploy new attacks to mess your state up.

For the first time ever war actually has more advantages than just killing. Now when you kill someone you are actually taking the land away from them instead of just killing it and it vanishing into thin air. Diplomacy will be needed more than ever. You will actually have to put some thought into winning the game. Now you will have to have strategic moves in order to avoid an all out war. Leaders will have to pick their members more carefully as now, having a rogue state could be costly.

I'll implement the new version at the start of next set. We will play a set with it and see how it goes. If all is well then it will be fully released in January 2013.

I think the most exciting part for me is, we are all starting on the same page now. None of our old styles will work with this new version. Each of us will now have to learn a new way.... And....... possibly have to really start interacting with other members. Imagine that!!!

Post your comments/questions but remember that it's a holiday weekend and well, I won't be all that active
    Last edited by Mr President; 11-28-2012 at 16:29.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Keep up the good work!

Love the techer tweak!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    As we come to the end of the year I would like to announce that V2.0 of Nation Wars will be released next set (testing set) and if everything works well then fully released in January 2013.

Below is a list of changes that will be part of NW V2.0:

Attacks -

The game will only have 3 attacks.

Ground Attack - This pits Infantry/Tanks VS Infantry/Tanks. This attack is used to invade and occupy the enemies land. The occupied amount is added to your land. So basically, you have just invaded and declare that land, yours! There is no longer any "land grabbing" in the game. With that, also goes the large hits as well. If you want land quicker then you need to GA someone for a much smaller piece of land and take the chance of an all out war as there are no longer and "legal" attacks. You only gain the land with this attack. You will not get buildings or anything else too.

Air Attack - This is Jets/Bombers VS Jets/Sams. This attack destroys buildings, population and lowers readiness of the enemies forces. This lowers readiness at a random rate of 1-4 per attack. The minimum amount of readiness of the enemy has been lowered to 10%, which means you can lower their readiness even further than our current version.

Naval Attack - This is Ships VS Ships. This attack destroys military units and lowers readiness. With this attack the readiness is lowered at a random rate of 1-8 per attack.

Turns - It will still be 5 turns out of war and 2 turns while at war per attack.

Expanding - If you wish to not risk war you can explore for more land. This has been increased and will be adjust as needed.

Start Up Turns - Each state will now start out with 300 turns (up from 200). This includes restarts.

Max Turns - The max amount of turns one can have before they roll over to stored turns is 400.

Protection - Each state will leave protection at 300 turns (up from 200)

Science Production - This has been increased. Techers will now produce more science per turn.

Science Costs - The price of science has just gone up by 200.00 per science. With production higher and prices higher, it will help this strat.

Spies - Strength has been lowered, Prices have been lowered and production has been increased per turn. The prices of spies was outrageous compared to the capabilities of them.

Infantry - Strength has been lowered.

Tanks - Prices have been lowered, production has been increased.

Bombers - Prices have been lowered, production has been increased.

Ships - Prices have been lowered, production has been increased.

We needed to make sure units were more attractive but yet make it so indy's didn't lose on the deal. This is why production has been increased per turn. This will either offset the loss or equal it out. Tweaks will be made as needed.

The theme of the game will remain the same. It's a war game. If you want peace then play nice and use diplomacy. If you want to kill everything in sight then best of luck to you. Each state can increase it's land, but now it's not as simple as stocking 300 billion infantry and winning each attack. If you GA someone for land you better have other units to back you up as they can deploy new attacks to mess your state up.

For the first time ever war actually has more advantages than just killing. Now when you kill someone you are actually taking the land away from them instead of just killing it and it vanishing into thin air. Diplomacy will be needed more than ever. You will actually have to put some thought into winning the game. Now you will have to have strategic moves in order to avoid an all out war. Leaders will have to pick their members more carefully as now, having a rogue state could be costly.

I'll implement the new version at the start of next set. We will play a set with it and see how it goes. If all is well then it will be fully released in January 2013.

I think the most exciting part for me is, we are all starting on the same page now. None of our old styles will work with this new version. Each of us will now have to learn a new way.... And....... possibly have to really start interacting with other members. Imagine that!!!

Post your comments/questions but remember that it's a holiday weekend and well, I won't be all that active
    is it just me who can't see this, but how do we kill people? Also, why not, isntead of increasing maximum price of science, increase the minimum price isntead? or both? it has one of the largest price ranges in the game! can be a total dud if someone massive undercuts you adn you dont want to withdraw from PM!

do we still GA population or BR land to get kills as before?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

The min prices were adjusted as well. I can't change the max without changing the min. As for killing, good point. I did forget to mention how that works.

You can kill by GA, where you occupy all of the land. You can also kill by AR where it destroys buildings and population. You can also kill via spy missions as normal. However, I would love to revamp the spies and missions but I don't think I'll have the time to get that done. So that might be one of the first V2 updates after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    The min prices were adjusted as well. I can't change the max without changing the min. As for killing, good point. I did forget to mention how that works.

You can kill by GA, where you occupy all of the land. You can also kill by AR where it destroys buildings and population. You can also kill via spy missions as normal. However, I would love to revamp the spies and missions but I don't think I'll have the time to get that done. So that might be one of the first V2 updates after the first of the year.
    Cool. Im not quite sure what changes in terms of peoples propensity to hoard though. Infantry still seems to be the unit of choice to gain land and then if you're at risk towards BR/AA, well isn't that how its the case now if you hoard? Wont GA simply become the new SA?

also, are the number of attacks needed to destroy all land / kill all population still same levels as they are in current version for purposes of killing states?
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 11-21-2012 at 19:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Infantry hoarding now doesn't really come with a threat cause we have a legal way to gain land. Making it so taking land from others is an act of war changes the game play. Now if people are lazy and allow GA's to become the new SA then that is their bad. Although, those looking for the big grabs will be disappointed as all of the GB formula has been removed.

Yes the same calcs used in the current BR will be the same for the new GA. So as you see, gaining land will take some time and thought. The winner will not be decided 3 days after the set starts.

just to clarify do you gain anything from an air attack?

I'm pumped for next set- I was considering a quiet retirement after this round because it was stale and predictable with such a small playerbase, but this is going to be great. Nations will be even more important now that people will have to watch their backs if they want to grab lots of land from others. It'll be interesting to see how far unwritten rules get people in this version of the game...or if the EURO retal policy will be king.

Mr P, what do you excactly mean by "all of the GB formula has been removed"?
    >Gretchen will never choose to sit next to you in class.

Amanda even attempts an underwater blowjob but nearly drowns after getting carried away.