Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: Nation Wars Redemption V2.0

DEAD was on its way out anyway. Just kinda sad that they ask for change, get it and then leave anyway. I don't think we really did any harm trying something new. Not like we really had much left to lose anyway but I do agree with maggio, something was missing. I like the old style of playing and think we do that and add in the keeping of land. SA needs to be tweaked and units need to go away.

The one comment I most agree with and have stated a trillion times is maybe its not the game but the people.

We can't please everyone. So here is the deal. I'll return the game to normal but make some changes. We need to discuss round lengths a little more. I need pros and cons for that.

This new style does have potential. Perhaps someday I'll work on it and make it another server.

One other thing that I plan to do is make the game fully automated. this means the game will reset and perform all other functions automatically. Admins will still need to check basic day to day functions but being automated will take some crap off of me.

Not going to lie. I'm pretty burnt out. I have to force myself to log on these days . Work and life is just really busy and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. However I do still have a love of this game and really don't want to see it go away. I just need to get it to a place then take a few sets totally away and then I'm sure I'll be better.

In the next few weeks there will be some position changes to help me with the game and other functions. I will also be removing some things that just take up space. I really only want to make changes that make sense and will improve the game.

If we only ever have 60 people playing then so be it. We will always strive to expand and increase our player base but by removing the "need" to expand I think things will be a little more fun. As long as those who continue to play, continue to buy premiums and support the game, it will remain. And a long term goal is to make the game an app. Really wish I could work on that sooner but I just don't have any time to make it happen right now.
    Last edited by Mr President; 01-03-2013 at 20:52.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I agree that changes could have helped, I. just think that what was done made the game so different it made things worse. I honestly think that Blaa should actually be listened to and maybe consulted on the balance. factor. This is no longer the game we played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I agree that changes could have helped, I. just think that what was done made the game so different it made things worse. I honestly think that Blaa should actually be listened to and maybe consulted on the balance. factor. This is no longer the game we played.
    Great... The changes have driven dogma over the edge. Now he is repeating his comments.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

No I am not.

no I am not.

if you are gonna revert to the old, please cap the max amount gained on SA to a % of your own land. yes killing is to easy in the current set up, but the effect of stonewalling (gaining 1000's of land when down to a few hundred land) was ridiculous before. a more radical approach would be to cap the number of units that your land can support (lose a few % units per turn until the amount of units <= the max amount supported for your land). but that might be a bit to drastic

You have received a warning at Nation-Wars Community Forum.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

You deserve that infraction for being mean to Maggio.. I hope you have learned your lesson. Now go to your room and don't come out till you are ready to say you're sorry.

bad bad boy!!

morituri te salutant

EURO Retals

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    Maybe it's time to open the debate on where we are going again? Now that the biggest advocates for the changes(besides maggio) have left the game (DEAD) it seems reasonable.

Current situation, in my opinion:
    Maggio-Wars.
    Sure, it still takes skill to win, but I'm afraid nobody wanted this outcome. Biggest nation/most active nation wins, nothing wrong with that, but look at last set. Was it fun for anybody else besides RO (and wank - we did get to win one war, although lost another)? USA didn't participate in a single war. How fun was that? TOP10 had 200k land, you guys had like 50k max. So the only way to win = kill others. Not a difficult task ask you can have 400 turns in hand and you can easily kill one state with that much. I think it would work much better if there were more equal nations in the game, so maybe I'm being too harsh.
    Units are better now? Better than the old ingenius way the units were logically balanced? Where's the logic now? If enemy can break you in one of four attack (hoard basically) then you can be killed. I don't see an improvement.
    Why I call it maggio wars because it reminds me of a post maggio did some time ago, and its not meant as an insult. He explained that grabbing was taking too many clicks. Now we have lost some clicks, you don't need to click on global events anymore, just spy and attack with GA.

In my opinion the old game did not have any faults or misfunctions in it. Hoarding - not a problem. DEAD dealt with it good. They didn't like it, they warred. But hoarding was not a programming error. The units interacted with one another in a way that using too much money on upgrading early on didn't give you much chance to win the game.
    The only programming error there was, was that the rounds were usually decided within the first week. The problem worsened when the land expanding was increased (1.5 years ago ?). Now the jumps took place at 3-5 days in to the set.

I suggest:
    *Go back to old game
    *Shorten round length, because shorter game equals less tension if wars happen. Now you have to wait weeks before you could have a normal set, but with like 14 day sets you would only have to wait days.
    *Lose unneeded stuff that just 'are there':
    -tanks, no point with low playerbase. Looking at the numbers you can see that they are better than infantry. But with this low playerbase there aren't enough players to buy them.
    -State tax. You always have it at 50%. It's just there to confuse the newbies, plus it doesn't offer much of a strategical advantage for those who like to spend time on the game.
    -lose 5 upgrade levels, so you have 3 levels left (weak, medium, strong). weak would = level 1, medium = something like 4 or 6 and strong = 8. Make sure we DON'T lose the fact that upgrading should take place when you have 0 units and having units while upgrading = pay more. Because I think it offers a significant strategical factor.
    -lose 2 types of casher buildings. Casher zone is enough. No strategical advantage involved, it's just there to confuse the newbies.
    *tweak LG formula so having lots of land wouldn't equal to losing a lot of land to low land states automatically

We can't just be going around and creating new game all the time and hoping a lot of new players will join in a day. We can't be saying that our old game was bad because player numbers dropped. When there was that old players reunion set, I think we had 80+ active states, plus years ago there were hundreds and even thousands of players. Maybe the problem why we have 30+ states now isn't the game? Maybe its the players? Invite your old buddies to play again. But how plausible is that scenario now that there isn't much left from the old game?
    def agree with the casher stuff. no need to confuse the n00bies. most of these points tbh. except the one about RO having fun . dunno not particularly fun just farming everyone in a row i n10mins. you dont even need to look at GE anymore to see if its a good grab....

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    DEAD was on its way out anyway. Just kinda sad that they ask for change, get it and then leave anyway. I don't think we really did any harm trying something new. Not like we really had much left to lose anyway but I do agree with maggio, something was missing. I like the old style of playing and think we do that and add in the keeping of land. SA needs to be tweaked and units need to go away.

The one comment I most agree with and have stated a trillion times is maybe its not the game but the people.

We can't please everyone. So here is the deal. I'll return the game to normal but make some changes. We need to discuss round lengths a little more. I need pros and cons for that.

This new style does have potential. Perhaps someday I'll work on it and make it another server.

One other thing that I plan to do is make the game fully automated. this means the game will reset and perform all other functions automatically. Admins will still need to check basic day to day functions but being automated will take some crap off of me.

Not going to lie. I'm pretty burnt out. I have to force myself to log on these days . Work and life is just really busy and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. However I do still have a love of this game and really don't want to see it go away. I just need to get it to a place then take a few sets totally away and then I'm sure I'll be better.

In the next few weeks there will be some position changes to help me with the game and other functions. I will also be removing some things that just take up space. I really only want to make changes that make sense and will improve the game.

If we only ever have 60 people playing then so be it. We will always strive to expand and increase our player base but by removing the "need" to expand I think things will be a little more fun. As long as those who continue to play, continue to buy premiums and support the game, it will remain. And a long term goal is to make the game an app. Really wish I could work on that sooner but I just don't have any time to make it happen right now.
    so what game did they go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    def agree with the casher stuff. no need to confuse the n00bies. most of these points tbh. except the one about RO having fun . dunno not particularly fun just farming everyone in a row i n10mins. you dont even need to look at GE anymore to see if its a good grab....
    Again I agree. It seems as though all thought was removed from the game. And I don't repeat myself.

BRING ON V2.1

no we are going back to version 1,9 i belive