Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nation Wars Redemption V2.0

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    this fool just intelled me this morning
    isint it a bit offtopic in here?

however this fool is -2500+ turns and have already both way more land and net than you....

Code:
     	21 	SkyCat(#169) 	[ICN] 	37.094 	$68.144.996 	502 	*

37 	MAGGIO(#8) 	[DEAD] 	23.192 	$32.628.851 	489 	-
    fool indeed
    pohjakiht[KIHT]; domination[EE]

I was declared a cheater in Nation-Wars!!! @ welcome to the DARK SIDE

NEVER STOP

LIFT THE BAN ON POSTING STATE NUMBERS IN THE FORUMS

however a serious note, havent you think to make for example mobile interface or something for this game to get more players, few browser based games have nice views to play them in mobile phones.... just idea ofc

this nerf to make game more easy and hopefully get more players just seems strange....

NEVER STOP

here is my 2 cents
    first of all change is what make games like this one intresting so why not make changes?

now what i see in these changes is first of all going back to basics of this game called nation wars, what will happen is that since you now as i understand it will risk war as a consuqence of any landgrabing.

you will need to first of all work togeather as a group in your nation more actively then currently.
    to be sucessfull in grabbing you will have to interact with other nations thru FA talks.
    there might be retal policys.
    there might be more wars so activeity might go up and as a result maybe more recruiting.
    i see no problems with these changes except that they might have to be tweaked and fixed abit as we go, but then again when was the last time you bought a windows version bug free?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyCat View Post
    however a serious note, havent you think to make for example mobile interface or something for this game to get more players, few browser based games have nice views to play them in mobile phones.... just idea ofc
    YES! Some of the apps i have on my phone are mear mobile websites after some intro screens. WE HAVE TO GO MOBILE or its just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    For the first time ever war actually has more advantages than just killing. Now when you kill someone you are actually taking the land away from them instead of just killing it and it vanishing into thin air. Diplomacy will be needed more than ever. You will actually have to put some thought into winning the game. Now you will have to have strategic moves in order to avoid an all out war. Leaders will have to pick their members more carefully as now, having a rogue state could be costly.
    Not entirely true. I think you could end up with more land trough land-dropping plus if it wouldn't be so easy to kill or cripple a state, you could also improve your state by grabbing the attacked state right after it's readiness has been lowered.
    And one other thing - I find it odd you to say that from now on I would have to put some thought into winning - like if I won being a headless chicken so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    Cool. Im not quite sure what changes in terms of peoples propensity to hoard though. Infantry still seems to be the unit of choice to gain land and then if you're at risk towards BR/AA, well isn't that how its the case now if you hoard? Wont GA simply become the new SA?
    Exactly what I thought. The unit that can get you the most land with lowest cost shall be hoarded. I think it was about 2 or 3 years ago when for a few sets guys in top had 1-1.5G infantry and almost no other defense. Btw the last time I made some calculations tanks seemed to be better unit than infantry when the food price would be over 95 or something like that. I made those calculations from indy's perspective only and I haven't checked what tweaks have been made meanwhile, though I'm 99.9% sure if there are any tweaks, they are pro tanks.

Yes SA is gone and yea you could say that the GA is a weakened SA except, it's a much weaker SA. The AR will only destroy buildings and pop. It will not add the land/buildings or pop to your state like the GA will. No you will not get more land in GA then you did with the current SA. We have removed land grabbing and made it so if you want the land then you either need to explore for it, war for it or be sneaky and invade with the hopes of not being caught.
    I would further tweak the "Obtain spy info". 24h is too long time for a respectable state to find out who hit him.

One way to increase the importance of science is to drastically increase the amount of science needed for mid and max levels. Make the science needed for the last 0.05% account for 25%-30% in the future. And increase the amount of science needed for max level. Let me demonstrate:
    graph.jpg
    This is one option. But the general idea would be to make the science level drop 20-30% like it now drops 0.05-1%. And increasing the amount needed for max level would insure that nations would have to invest more cash into science.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    now what i see in these changes is first of all going back to basics of this game called nation wars, what will happen is that since you now as i understand it will risk war as a consuqence of any landgrabing.
    That's why I found the name of Estonian version much more fitting: Domination - you don't need to war to dominate. And there were no debates how the name of the game should dictate the way you played.

This is your game Mr P, do whatever you like. Some like the changes while others don't. And while I might not be not much active anymore, at least I've given my small contribution to keep this game up trough premium.

Thanks, Kris. You have done more than just purchase a premium. As I have stated, I don't know if this change will work or not. But I do feel its worth trying. With the game being how its been the past couple of years we might as well try something new and see what happens. Game can always go back to normal if needed.

Going mobile costs a lot of money and time and right now we really don't have either.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Going mobile costs a lot of money and time and right now we really don't have either.
    Really? I would just think time...

i have to agree that its mostly time, what is needed in here is new skin that is optimized for small screens so this can be used nice in mobile phones

and later if this work nice there can be done some hacky-hacky and make some andropid/iphone/whatever app that is basically a embed browser that shows that page inside himself but woilla.... we have apps everywhere and they work all the same

NEVER STOP

what i was refering to kris wasnt the war part of the name but rather the nation part as haveing an active and well run nation might actually become important from now on as you might have to focus on anational strategy and all that
    one can argue that apparently you guys know something that mr p doesnt and thus arguebly one can ask if you would like to take responseability of makeing this app thingy happen as mr p might not have the time required ?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyCat View Post
    i have to agree that its mostly time, what is needed in here is new skin that is optimized for small screens so this can be used nice in mobile phones

and later if this work nice there can be done some hacky-hacky and make some andropid/iphone/whatever app that is basically a embed browser that shows that page inside himself but woilla.... we have apps everywhere and they work all the same
    agreed.. the maryland DNR app is just a mobile sized site, and so is some of my other fishing apps. we just need to strip down some of the options in game to make it a little easier to navigate.