Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

I think a 2 prong attack is needed here.

1. Ban assault rifles
    2. Increase funding for Mental Health organizations ( I say organizations here to cover just about anything to do with mental health)

This is grossly underfunded and lets say they can help a few more people per year that would have otherwise lashed out violently. I don't see why anyone here is worried about money. I saw someone say (not here but on tv) "but at what cost". Now to me this is just stupid. You can't put a cost on a human life. I don't care if it takes 20,000 or 200,000. If the kid isn't going to walk into some school and shoot 26 innocent people I don't think the cost should matter one bit.

i read somewhere that all these shootings happen in gun free zones? something to think about. anyway, i would start thinking about moving country once the US government starts taking your weapons away - you know whats gonna happen soon down the line! problem is no where in the world to move

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

we have liquidations in the underworld every few months or so, but odds of getting shot innocently are very very slim here. even in the underworld people are warned in advance by police, and when shot it is usually done more or less professionaly. with thus far no bystanders being killed.

we´ve had 1 spree so far, killing 6, injuring 17 with a total of around 100 shots fired by a 24 year old gun club member. does that mean there are no shootings? of course not...there have been 500 or so of them this year, but as long as gangs / criminals off each other, so much the better for society.

You have received a warning at Nation-Wars Community Forum.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

You deserve that infraction for being mean to Maggio.. I hope you have learned your lesson. Now go to your room and don't come out till you are ready to say you're sorry.

bad bad boy!!

morituri te salutant

EURO Retals

You know, I am not seeing this thing being an easy fix in any way. My entire take on this is form that of an old conservative type so bear with me. This has been coming for a long time. I don't mean this incident, but the behavior that allowed these things to happen. The entire values system has changed over the last 40 or so years.

I have a lot to say on this, but not till I get enough time to continue writing.

I am cooking the Mrs' dinner.

the shooting in CT has nothing to do with gun control IMO. There was some mental health issues, and there most likely were some red flags ingnored or kept behind closed doors. normal people dont wake up one day and do things like this.

The economy is 24 hours round, and with human nature allways wanting to improve ones own standards more and more couples are both working instead of just one, to make end's meet or have more spending cash. Children see less and less of their parents with every generation and the task of raising them is pushed more and more in to the hands of the schools. kids are becomming more individualistic and egocentered in the process. underpayed, overworked teachers see their tasks expanded without proper resources and time to manage it. Schools these days have to do so much parenting to bring them up to the level that kids had before when they came to school that they hardly get to the things they were setup in the first place.... teach. this might work out decently enough for large parts of the children population, but a lot of kids are lost along the way. There is a reason so many kids are diagnosed with socialemotional / psychilogical disorders like ADHD, PDD-Nos and god knows what else. does this mean that they all end up like spree shooters? no of course not, but i think it would be in everybodies best interest if folks starting shifting their focus away from their work / carreer a bit and did some more parenting of their own, with decent youthcare and mental healthcare to help both the kids and most importantly the parents cope.

You have received a warning at Nation-Wars Community Forum.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

You deserve that infraction for being mean to Maggio.. I hope you have learned your lesson. Now go to your room and don't come out till you are ready to say you're sorry.

bad bad boy!!

morituri te salutant

EURO Retals

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    the shooting in CT has nothing to do with gun control IMO. There was some mental health issues, and there most likely were some red flags ingnored or kept behind closed doors. normal people dont wake up one day and do things like this.
    i dont see this as a mental health issue at all.

not saying that the people who do these things are sane.

but think about it a crazy guy goes into a place and says bang that is not gonna hurt anybody.

however if you make a weapon/gun avaliable to him well completely diffrent story wouldnt you agree?

a ban on guns would be in the better intrest of the us if the population actually wants to avoid these kind of things from happening, if not well you choose to have weapons and thus you choose to have these kind of things happen every now and again....

not that i think there will be any change of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Scav View Post
    The economy is 24 hours round, and with human nature allways wanting to improve ones own standards more and more couples are both working instead of just one, to make end's meet or have more spending cash. Children see less and less of their parents with every generation and the task of raising them is pushed more and more in to the hands of the schools. kids are becomming more individualistic and egocentered in the process. underpayed, overworked teachers see their tasks expanded without proper resources and time to manage it. Schools these days have to do so much parenting to bring them up to the level that kids had before when they came to school that they hardly get to the things they were setup in the first place.... teach. this might work out decently enough for large parts of the children population, but a lot of kids are lost along the way. There is a reason so many kids are diagnosed with socialemotional / psychilogical disorders like ADHD, PDD-Nos and god knows what else. does this mean that they all end up like spree shooters? no of course not, but i think it would be in everybody's best interest if folks starting shifting their focus away from their work / carreer a bit and did some more parenting of their own, with decent youthcare and mental healthcare to help both the kids and most importantly the parents cope.
    Exactly, although I would add that the divorce rate in this country is horrendous. 75% of the time after a divorce, that dad is just gone. Selfishness takes over and too bad so sad...

Single women, no matter how hard they try, 9 times out of 10, cannot raise boys to be men. They are busy trying to support the household and most of those kids are left to fend for themselves and raise them selves with whatever guidance they get from school or worse yet tv. .I for one, REFUSED to leave my kids welfare to their mother alone. There is not one thing a liberal art major female could raise my sons to be the men the are now and the men I expected them to be. I had to be there to help and take that on. Too many divorce the kids when they divorced their wives and that is just wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think my ex wife is a great one, but she could not do it alone and she admits that and even complimented me on seeing that they turned out to be well adjusted young men.

You cannot legislate morality under any circumstances, it must be taught by the parents. There is no way in hell would I want my kids or any other kids raised by an education system controlled by the government.
    Last edited by Dogma; 12-20-2012 at 19:14.

An assault weapon is a semi-automatic firearm possessing certain features similar to those of military firearms. An assault weapon has a detachable magazine, and it usually has a pistol grip; sometimes it also has certain other features such as a folding stock, a flash suppressor, or a bayonet lug. Most assault weapons are rifles, but some are pistols or shotguns.

"Assault weapon" is not a technical term. The meaning of the term is set by various laws that limit or prohibit their manufacture, importation, sale, or possession. These laws include the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban, as well as some state and local laws. Each of these laws defines the term in a slightly different way.

Assault weapons are often confused with assault rifles. The two are similar in appearance but different in function. Since an assault weapon is semi-automatic, it fires one bullet (round) each time the trigger is pulled. Assault rifles are actual military weapons that generally are either fully-automatic, i.e. they fire multiple rounds continuously when the trigger is pulled, or burst capable, i.e. they fire a burst of several rounds when the trigger is pulled.

Whether or not assault weapons should be legally restricted more than other firearms, how they should be defined, and even whether or not the term "assault weapon" should be used at all, are questions subject to considerable debate as part of the arguments of gun politics in the United States.

You have semi automatic hunting rifles and just about every handgun I have ever seen does the same thing, fire with each trigger pull. It isn't like these are military grade weapons. They are really just semi automatic rifles with fancy handles and easy load clips.

In a perfect world, weapons of this nature would not be needed. Problem is, without the ability to arm oneself, you are open to danger. Danger from criminals, the insane, evil and perhaps even your own government. The right to bear arms is not a negotiable concept. It is an inherit right that is ours and our forefathers simply pinned it into the constitution as a matter of fact. If you take away that right, you take away everything. What I mean is simple. If you destroy ONE right, then none have meaning. you may as well say you cannot have air, food or water. Taking away one freedom is a path to totally stripping all freedoms. It becomes too easy. what next? Freedom of religion? It is too dangerous for us to have different religions as most wars are fought about whose god is better. Make everyone believe the same and POOF! you cut out most wars. Free speech? Well that has to go too. People with different opinions start the bulk of the rest of the wars that religion didnt cause. If we all think and say the same things then POOF! there goes another chunk of wars. Wake up America, our thinly held on to rights are being torn away.
    There is no greater sin than apathy