Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LoR vs RO

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin44 View Post
    Who said we didn't have a reason to war! All our legitimate reasons are listed in our declaration. I do believe RO declared war on us with no reason!

P.S. I don't think anyone cares that you guys quit for the set, as it really hasn't made an impact to us. Just felt it was poor sportsmanship, especially when you have options such as Surrender, Diplomacy, to evade war and net out the remainder for your players.
    If you were that concerned about sportsmanship you would have told us upfront you were going to declare, not blindside us and leave us without breakers to CS. Diplomacy and Surrender in this case are the same thing and a waste of time, since netting is now out of the question, and as I said before I won't create restarts to inflate LOR's kill count.

Enjoy 3 weeks of netting

There was 50 states before this war, and LOR only had 30% of the game +/- in their tag. What about the rest of the community? I dont think LOR would have any problem not hitting your restarts if you declared a loss. It just doesnt sit well with me win or loose to just quit or give up. I guess its your prerogative.

We've already declared a loss, but we see no reason to waste time with creating restart after restart when we can't do any meaningful damage to LOR. At best we could pick off a couple of your lower states, then we all get killed again, rinse and repeat. As for trying to net? without the bots to farm it's even more pointless since practically every other state is either unbreakable or doesn't have enough land to be worth the bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If you were that concerned about sportsmanship you would have told us upfront you were going to declare, not blindside us and leave us without breakers to CS. Diplomacy and Surrender in this case are the same thing and a waste of time, since netting is now out of the question, and as I said before I won't create restarts to inflate LOR's kill count.

Enjoy 3 weeks of netting
    I don't think their was any blind side. I mean LoR was being recreated, and that to by me. Would my first set back after two years be a netting set? As for targets it was evident RO would be the best target, and I am sure RO had contingent plans for war against LoR. If not then I don't know what to say... As the leadership should always seek out to figure out the motives of a nation 50% bigger than itself and known to enjoy wars.

So for the sportsmanship aspect it is quite simple, from the moment of declaration or thereafter RO could have easily stated surrendered or asked for terms and RO players could do as they pleased.

As for the game aspect it has always been the case that after a war restarts can't ever rank up as high as already established states, unless they kill them. That has been since day old, which is why nations would have "tag jumpers" who would be the breakers for the restarts to strike back. Again a tactic which is used in war.

LoR has no problem netting, this idea, that starving LoR from a great viable threat will drive them mad is complete and utter nonsense.

All we want is good old fun, for our players. At the same time we respect others, and me nor any leadership of LoR has ever gone against the words of surrender. Once terms are established we have always kept to them, only in the instances where we have found that the Surrendered nation is planning to break terms, have we taken any action upon them.

Wishing RO wouldn't establish a new precedent of a lost war = quitting set is all Maggio and others of the community wanted. Again I'd like to point out that isn't for the sake of LoR, but the community which is pretty much dead as it stands now.

Open the doors to diplomacy, plan alliances, make treaties, make wars. This was the way of the old game, and the way to establish a safe set for a nation. If no one is willing to be diplomatic, then everything is free for all. Call it Fair, Unfair, Gangbang, or whatever.
    Legion of Riot for Life!
    We Arived, We Observed and We CONQUERED!!

it is pretty simple really when you restart after being killed even with a surrender in place, you know you will be targetted for regular land grabs by both LoR and others. As there is no gangbang protection your state is a viable target as soon as it crosses 5000 land as the gains on GA will be higher than exploring, even at 5 turns per hit. A restart therefor knows that he/she will be hit daily by the top 20 once or twice if they play nice, more if they are greedy, and there really is nothing you can do against it. As the 15-30k land states will allways be able to outbuy / outbuild your defence.

So unless you die in the top nation like i did last set, you have no chance of a meaningfull score at the end of the set nw wise. the same goes for warring more or less. sure you will be able to pick off a few states, but nothing really meaningfull. so with that in mind, what is the point of restarting if you are only going to be giving the states that killed you more land.

You have received a warning at Nation-Wars Community Forum.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

You deserve that infraction for being mean to Maggio.. I hope you have learned your lesson. Now go to your room and don't come out till you are ready to say you're sorry.

bad bad boy!!

morituri te salutant

EURO Retals

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
    There was 50 states before this war, and LOR only had 30% of the game +/- in their tag. What about the rest of the community? I dont think LOR would have any problem not hitting your restarts if you declared a loss. It just doesnt sit well with me win or loose to just quit or give up. I guess its your prerogative.
    well we got tagkilled so that means we lost really why would we need to declare it? not that i have anything to do with the leadership thats DI and viali.
    what about the community? there is no activeity in the community as far as i can tell i might be wrong thou...

Quote Originally Posted by Scav View Post
    it is pretty simple really when you restart after being killed even with a surrender in place, you know you will be targetted for regular land grabs by both LoR and others. As there is no gangbang protection your state is a viable target as soon as it crosses 5000 land as the gains on GA will be higher than exploring, even at 5 turns per hit. A restart therefor knows that he/she will be hit daily by the top 20 once or twice if they play nice, more if they are greedy, and there really is nothing you can do against it. As the 15-30k land states will allways be able to outbuy / outbuild your defence.

So unless you die in the top nation like i did last set, you have no chance of a meaningfull score at the end of the set nw wise. the same goes for warring more or less. sure you will be able to pick off a few states, but nothing really meaningfull. so with that in mind, what is the point of restarting if you are only going to be giving the states that killed you more land.
    Well Scav, you make great points, and if we had gone through talks of diplomacy we may be able to establish set terms for grabs against your restarts.

See my argument isn't why you quit, its the fact that you retired from set when you had every possible option to work out a deal in favor of the players of RO.

Personally, I strictly hate attacks that are made that are land farming a state. Even if SA rules are gone, no one in there right mind has the right to attack 6-8 times to take 4k plus land from any state of any nation.
    Legion of Riot for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    well we got tagkilled so that means we lost really why would we need to declare it? not that i have anything to do with the leadership thats DI and viali.
    what about the community? there is no activeity in the community as far as i can tell i might be wrong thou...
    They would need to declare it, so that set terms of retaliation are forbidden for the remainder of the set. As long as a declared, loss, or surrender, or truce isn't established the potential for war attacks to recommence exists. To avoid this potential for war, nation leaders should come to some term for the sake of both nation's players.

Just like in real life
    Legion of Riot for Life!

Who said we didn't have a reason to war! All our legitimate reasons are listed in our declaration. I do believe RO declared war on us with no reason!

P.S. I don't think anyone cares that you guys quit for the set, as it really hasn't made an impact to us. Just felt it was poor sportsmanship, especially when you have options such as Surrender, Diplomacy, to evade war and net out the remainder for your players.
    Well Scav, you make great points, and if we had gone through talks of diplomacy we may be able to establish set terms for grabs against your restarts.

See my argument isn't why you quit, its the fact that you retired from set when you had every possible option to work out a deal in favor of the players of RO.

Personally, I strictly hate attacks that are made that are land farming a state. Even if SA rules are gone, no one in there right mind has the right to attack 6-8 times to take 4k plus land from any state of any nation.
    i think you expect way too much effort just to please your desires of war Ali. Viali has just opened a new businesses and is totally consumed by that. Im just a senior advisor and I have exams too so cant do anything (no more missing lectures and staying up till 7am with no sleep )(. if you think we were gonna be tryinna set up conversations with you and hammer our some massive deals about GAs etc and then have time to see whats happening and then dealing with everything, no chance .

6-8k ? no one took that from 1 single state. most of us did max 3 attacks...mostly 2 per state. if it was total of 6k from 1 tag well thats cos theres only 2 tags....you could say that why if we dont have time to run a tag did we make one? I dunno, I was against it ...but even if we didnt make it...who would all tose players go to? I doubt any of them are botrhered enough to make their own tag and run it...so best case scenario you woulda had a buncha 2-3man tags (like USA did this set) or something.

you should have simply used your brain and not think that we were caught out due to our lack of diplomacy. you should have come to us and told us "were gonna war u, lets make this fun for all...". its not as if were going through a multi set long grudge match where FS ASAP is a must (sort of how like Blaa & crew had it with DEAD for a while).

now that youve had it, well done, congrats, yes you "won". but you also lost cos you used up all your fun early on in the set )

also i think msot RO players arent bothered at looking at GE nowadays so I doubt any attempts to make "deals" would have been worth the trouble either way

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

I accept full responsibility for the lack of participation of the community since we drove everyone away with our anti infantry hoarding antics.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!