Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is This The End?

Default Is This The End?

4/1/13 - 14 states used turns so far... no contact with many members... not much contact from the Leader of the Community... #boredtodeath

Bah, it will never die... Just restart.

i can't even get into the game. my book mark doesnt work ill try logging in through google

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

ok my bookmarked link had "/wordpress/" which now is not a working URL for the game. I'm willing to be there are quite a few people who had that as well.... lets spread the word!

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

I was having that problem too, all fixed now though.

Over the past couple of months we have had some major security breaches. We finally were able to track it down and found that wordpress was the main issue. That has been removed and the old login page has been added until I can make a new one.

I haven't been on that much as I have been trying to take a little time to recharge. These security issues haven't helped . BUT, I have been working on adding a new "chaos" style server to the game and also working on a few changes in the main game. I wouldn't say this is the end, but I also wouldn't say things are getting better. I think all of us are kinda worn out and could use a break. I know some of you find it hard to even log in daily.

I don't have any magical changes that are going to make the game exciting again. At least not now. Time continually becomes an issue and sadly the game is what loses out most of the time. What we really needs are a few opinions on what would help things become a little more exciting around here. I don't mean detailed changes to the game, I mean simple changes that make sense. Our highest activity was when we were really promoting the game via facebook, emails and IM's. I think before we make a big push like that again, we should have some new things to offer. (new server, game changes ect ect) and then we continue to stick with it.

The main problem we have is we don't stick to things. We come up with ideas, implement them and then lose interest. We should work on changing that. (me included)

So lets work on some ideas. Get them in the game and then start a large promotion of the game and see what happens.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

chaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooos

on a more serious note:
    1. don't ask us for ideas. This will just end in maggio coming up with a shitload of ideas and spamming stuff everywhere.
    I am sure you have a ton of ideas as well, just put them up for discussion and we'll probably get more shit done.

2. as long as there is an active developer, this game can't die
    Last edited by blaa; 04-03-2013 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by blaa View Post
    chaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooos

on a more serious note:
    1. don't ask us for ideas. This will just end in maggio coming up with a shitload of ideas and spamming stuff everywhere.
    I am sure you have a ton of ideas as well, just put them up for discussion and we'll probably get more shit done.

2. as long as there is an active developer, this game can't die
    i agree, the ideas are plentiful, and they have pretty much all been thrown out there

I have looked at this for some time and I think maybe I have come to a conclusion, maybe not. Before I get flamed for this post, this is only an observation and not an indictment of anyone or any thing nor is it any kind of suggestion.

I know we have a handful of players who compete for top spots every set, one thing I have actually heard from a new player is that there really is no competition to win as after the first few days, the top 2 or 3 are pretty much unreachable so the game actually ends up competing for 3rd or 4th place. No one wants to play for 3rd. I don't know what the answer is on that one nor do I have any suggestions for it, just relaying something I have been told by a new player who played a set then quit.

I know I am here every day, more than once. I see the community coming apart. we no longer shoot the shit with each other anymore. The activity in the forums has gone to nothing. We don't even scroll thru it to see if any of us is having a birthday. We used to always wish happy birthday at least. I know that all of us are older than when we started and time is short for all of us, well not me, I am still retired, but we just don't take the time to communicate with each other anymore.

Yes, it is a huge problem, but I do believe there have been a number of ideas thrown out to relieve the issue. To name a few: reduce the set length, add achievements, maybe more