Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is This The End?

well the game needs an active irc chan...

I remember back in the day I could log on to MSN (and would keep it logged on all time) and thered be shitloads of people online all the time from NW/WoW (I used MSN 90% for this game). Last time i logged on (Dunno when, maybe 6months + ago? ), infact any time I logged on there'd be barely anyone on. Cant get people back into the game if you cant contact them anymore. I know most people use facebook now, but tbh I wouldnt really trust my fb account to many people outside my closest crew on an absolutly necessary basis. Infact, atm the only people I have on it are about 6 or so WLF members/people who played with me for many years and thats it (and with whom i talk to now about non NW stuff). Considering I barely use fb as it is, I wouldnt bother setting up a seperate one to communicate with other people nor would i spam people on my current fb advertising this game (infact , i sincerely hate all type of FB promotion...whether its games or stupid shit people say or other self promoting crap like how many miles you ran using Nike fuelband or w/e that stupid thing is or where you checked in etc etc). This is not to mention the fact that i am 99.9% certain that 99.9% of all my contacts would think of me as a retard for playing this game. If we are going to try and advertise it, it should be done in a very targeted manner in places where people look for such games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    This is not to mention the fact that i am 99.9% certain that 99.9% of all my contacts would think of me as a retard for playing this game. If we are going to try and advertise it, it should be done in a very targeted manner in places where people look for such games.
    i feel the same way but tbh idc if its cool people or total nerds or total housewives that play (like farmville) i just want someone to play with...I would like to send a newsletter via mailchimp...its free and easy to use.

Crimson Shadow Guest

What we need is to contact vets who used to play and find out why they left. New membership turnover is insanely low or even negative, so we can't cater to their needs. If we can find out why the vets left and work to fix that, then maybe we can go somewhere. Standing still is not an option because the game will probably be under 15-20 active players by the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    What we need is to contact vets who used to play and find out why they left. New membership turnover is insanely low or even negative, so we can't cater to their needs. If we can find out why the vets left and work to fix that, then maybe we can go somewhere. Standing still is not an option because the game will probably be under 15-20 active players by the end of summer.
    sitting around for 28 days doing pretty much nothing and getting so freaking bored you keep asking yourself, "why am I here"?

I keep logging in for you guys (not trying to sound like im all that). Ive put in all these years, and I dont want to let go, but to be completely honest that actual moments FUN and ENTERTAINMENT i get from this game are fewer and further apart the more we go fwd.

no one wants to war, no one wants to stir the pot and then we are pretty much left with 3 or 4 people competing to win the set and rest of us are land farms.

Vets are dropping off like dead flies, and new people have ZERO investment in the game so WHY WOULD THEY STAY? I see a few new guys get excited post a recruitment thread, no one wants to join up with them, they realize the community is a FLOP and the game tends to be pretty boring (28 days) and they leave.

The interface of the game is a dinosaur, no one is playing, the people that are left feel committed, no one wants to put in 28 days of effort, no one wants to BANG and have fun. You cant use your phone, you cant kill people by yourself, you really cant do shit, so WHY WOULD ANYONE REALLY WANT TO PLAY?

im sorry for my rant and by no means is it Mr. P's fault (event though i am sure I am offending him), his efforts have been enormous and extremely generous over these years but he is not an expert and he has been slapping bandaids on this game trying to save it from bleeding out and here we sit today with a faint pulse, about to flatline. I think the hard truth is that the game needs about a 4-5000$ update and what needs to be done seems to be beyond the skillset of anyone still involved.

I tried to find a graphic designer to help out but couldnt... I dont know how to do mobile sites, especially with the present coding. if it was just straight html then I could do it but its not even close.

We have tried so many things and fought with each other over and over again with little to no long term success.

Could we do a campaign to try to get old players back for a set or two, SURE we can, but the results will be the same... A month or two of strong numbers only to twindle down further than we had prior too the efforts. This is becomine a trend.

IMO at some point we are going to have to sacrifice the game as we know it in order to save the community (whats left of it) or both will just dissolve. I think the game is good in its current state with 500-1000 players but those days are gone! The freaking game is almost as old GOOGLE which in the computer age might as well be 100 years. Sadly our game, website, and strategy has not changed much at all.

IMO the best shot at a last ditch effort would be to do a Chaos type game with a shorter round length BUT if we cant some how get a mobile version of this game then we will never be able to rely on a constant stream of new players from the app stores an social media. (im not talking about a mobile game, but rather a mobile or smaller version of the screen dem that could be designed for use on a screen size of a phone.

When I kept asking for a more simplified game that was my vision and direction, I just cant see how a game with all these options could play out on a tiny screen resolution. It seems that there is NO WAY that all of the game features can be converted over to a different type of coding and we dont have the designer support to make this look more like a video game rather than a text based rpg.

A few months ago I approached Mr. P with an idea of developing a "Board of Governors similar to those you would find in many community associations, and non profits. Where there is a president, vice president, secretary, and various chairs such as a communications chair, a forum chair, etc.... I am a member of a few of these boards and they work out pretty well. TWO main goals would be to get a group involved that would meet and discuss the games status, make goals to achieve and report back progress during monthly meetings. The other goal would be to take some work load off of Mr. P and spread it around a little because NO ONE MAN can do it all and live a fulltime RL.

he asked me to pursue this idea, but sadly I just couldnt think of a good mix of players to bring into the fold that would EVER really agree on anything because almost everyone here is so IN LOVE (and rightly so) with the current game that no one really wants any big change. Ironically Blaa was my first choice to discuss this with but sadly he is on another continent and how could we ever meet up because of the time zone difference. BOG meeting would have taken place on something like Skype video chat or something... I just dont know anymore...

We are not kids anymore and the older we get the less we can "play", THE PROBLEM is that the game in its current state is not attracting those "kids" that we all used to be. We have to start thinking about what people MUCH younger than us are wanting in a game in order to attract them. Its funny but I'm thinking "what would my son want in a game like this"? 28 days with little to NO ACTION is NOT what he would be looking for.

That is my rant for now thanks for reading but that is how I feel right now. #sorryimnotsorry
    Last edited by MAGGIO; 04-05-2013 at 13:27.

oh and btw, its a little over the top to have dozens of forum section when we are lucky to have one to three posts going at once...i suggest putting the forum more in a bullitan board mode where there is no sections just posts. but i bet ill be shot down on that one

here is something that is a little more modern and free http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/05/goo...n-and-its-freehere is the actual site http://moot.it/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Intervention View Post
    I remember back in the day I could log on to MSN (and would keep it logged on all time) and thered be shitloads of people online all the time from NW/WoW (I used MSN 90% for this game). Last time i logged on (Dunno when, maybe 6months + ago? ), infact any time I logged on there'd be barely anyone on. Cant get people back into the game if you cant contact them anymore. I know most people use facebook now, but tbh I wouldnt really trust my fb account to many people outside my closest crew on an absolutly necessary basis. Infact, atm the only people I have on it are about 6 or so WLF members/people who played with me for many years and thats it (and with whom i talk to now about non NW stuff). Considering I barely use fb as it is, I wouldnt bother setting up a seperate one to communicate with other people nor would i spam people on my current fb advertising this game (infact , i sincerely hate all type of FB promotion...whether its games or stupid shit people say or other self promoting crap like how many miles you ran using Nike fuelband or w/e that stupid thing is or where you checked in etc etc). This is not to mention the fact that i am 99.9% certain that 99.9% of all my contacts would think of me as a retard for playing this game. If we are going to try and advertise it, it should be done in a very targeted manner in places where people look for such games.
    Please note that due to the MSN going offline and switching to skype, many might have continued with there skype account instead of there msn account. You can purge both if you want to, but it is not required. This might be here the case as well.

other then that, with rising of age, and crisis more and more of you/us are getting more occoupied by work and/or family. In other words, time for new blood, and active chasing of old members..
    **Serving the planet**

Missionary Guest

vets are not the way to go. infact alot of them are proberly to blame for the state of the game now. the game needed to have changed over the years, but hasnt. because the main players around over the previous years havent wanted change. so ideas get shot down by what were proberly reasonable arguments. vets saying "something needs to be differnt, improved, but not that" because its not in there game plan.

the best sets were warring sets. the most ive ever played was during the massive 6month long wars we had.

leave the vets where they are, they left for a reason.

maggios idea of the game being scaled down enough to work on a tablet or mobile is a good idea. ive tried playing on my fone a few times, takes forever and then bores me.

Gotta agree on this, not all vets were against change, but a lot of them left or got disinterested after changes were sampled and then rolled back, myself included. I came back since I hate to see the game die out like this in hopes that new people would stick around.

All of the unwritten rules and such from before ran off a lot of newer players with promise, especially ones that wanted to war (Burch comes to mind as one of the more recent ones)- changes should be welcomed IMO. Adapting to new changes and strategies keeps things from getting stale and boring.