Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One World Market

I wasn't being critical, I was more amused that I agreed with Blaa than anything else.

killing the min price mmm feeding

Knowing what strategy to run doesn't come with experience. It's more or less of a lottery. Like dogma said, there were alot of strat switches this set, so that probably threw things out of balance.

Knowing that there will be not enough farmers in the set (so you can sell even at the start of the round) would mean that that farmer will most likely win as farmers produce the most. But usually farmers start selling enough food later in the set and then making up the gap with indies/cashers who can be efficient from day 1 is too big. I still remember this one set in wow where I was such farmer. Had a good run until wars started.

But then again, those ideals sets to be a farmer, or casher, or indy, rarely happen.

casher u all can sell your goods for ubber cheap to me
    Nation Wars-
    You have killed Tequilla in a beer bottle(#10)
    You have killed i see your bones(#321)
    You have killed NXL Media(#332)
    You have killed King Ali(#272)
    You have killed Best Worrior hunts Worst Boys(#344)

50k+ land destroyed in LD and AR's

[05:35] я ằ Ғ (F) ●◦я&Ŀ◦● I can barely count to 12, but I can multiply 45: does food defends me against AAs?
    [05:35] я ằ Ғ (F) ●◦я&Ŀ◦● I can barely count to 12, but I can multiply 45: cuz if not...

Missionary Guest

maybe there shouldnt be a min/max price. or not as the way we know it now. but the min/max price could relate to the price of things already on the market. so say food is on at $90, then you can only sell yours between $85 - $95. still keep an overall min/max price. this would prevent people massively undercutting for no aparent reason.

and yes i agree its all about the strat picked, but not always. like now for example, i tried to put ships on the market the last couple days but couldnt put it on for the same price ships were on the market for because they had dropped below the minimum price allowed. ya should be able to either put it on for that price, or the market shouldnt be allowed to drop below minimum prices.

The name of this game should be changed to market or pricing wars!! It's a shame that you have to sit back and take hits and watch players pass you by cause you can't attack or retaliate even when you have full turns, cause you can't buy or get wnat you want when needed. (Im not buying from the BM, just to see that 5 minutes later what u needed is half the price on thE PM). I hope the charm and nostalgia for the select few is worth the sacrifice for broader player base. Not bashing,just saying. What happened to the slogan "CHANGE"? ...

Sure, change it. I am sure the broader playerbase will double within a few hours and the broader playerbase will start winning sets.

I was being sarcastical, if someone didn't understand.

Wow! I hope I didn't strike a nerve with anyone. Whats wrong with a little trial error? It's not like it couldn't be changed back or would ruin the game. What if there was a way that Mr.P could implement a automated price changer according to supply demands? I just think it would be more fun to have product on hand at all times instead of depending on other players and strats. That way not one strat or nation dominates.

make it easier to switch strategies without penalising people as much. maybe have a seperate higher bpt when converting as opposed too builing on newly gained land?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Missionary Guest

merlin is definaly onto a winner i think. it ahouls be down to the individual player and not the rest of the community asto wether they can use turns or not. would also even out the competition for the top spots and give anyone, not just the guys who lives on the internet, a chance at doing well.