Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Open Letter to the Community

Missionary Guest

that was a big read . agree with pretty much everything said except #5. i think the idea of the board was that it would be volunteered and thus not expecting any share of any potential profit.

also, this guy should be on the board :-P .

number 5, was mainly to have a discussion regarding the future and what would happen if profit will be made, because just IF the game goes back to 2000 users, then it would be very interesting website for advrtisers etc...so this needs to be discussed at least. So then there would be no hard feelings, and etc..because lets agree, money is the route to most problems, and if game starts making money, there will be issues. People would get pissed off, that they are not gettign a share of profit and blah blah...

But if an agreement was set before everyone commits. then of course all members would have a right for a share of potential profit. And if game makes no money, then no one will be upsetm becase all members have agreed to join this project, knowing perfectly well no one will get paid.

BUT WHAT IF???

Number 5 is not a problem at all. Any money the game makes goes directly to me so I can take vacations at lavished resorts. Seriously though, unless the game was to really be bringing in the money to where we could afford to pay people then I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I think anyone who signs up to help must understand that they are basically donating their time or talents to the game. Currently, every dime that is made by the game goes back into the game. I don't take any money for myself. But pasha you do make some valid points and if the game begins to head in that direction then a plan should be made.

Getting ingame tutorials are a must. I agree with an advisor that sits on top of every page and can be turned off. We use to have guide hints set up in the game. A lot of it is still around and I will work from that to help rebuild it. I'll make the default on, but also make it so it can be turned off. A huge help is also going to be the new Wiki that has been loaded up. This is a secure version and shouldn't get hacked like the other one did. Shame as we had a lot of information on that. When the board is created some of that will fall on whomever is in charge of keeping manuals and information up to date. There will be a checksheet in place before any new implementation is completed.

Also, the new chat will help a lot in game as well. People will be able to instantly chat with someone else in the game and seek answers. I'll make a chat room called Q&A and new people could post questions in that as well and us regulars can check it when we log on.

We have a lot of potential. The biggest thing we need it commitment. If you sign on then you need to fulfill your vows as we will depend on you.

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Just wondering, do we still have a way to send out mass Emails like we did back during WoW? I was just in my email and saw one from my initial signup and it sparked that idea. I mean i realize some people would just delete it and move on but maybe a few would return. Sorry I know we kinda said that we want to try a rebirth where we start more in a beta but this just came to mind.

Just thinking, 10 this set, 20 the next, and maybe in time we can get back to a 200+ active set. Quite honestly we would have to try to be passive thoughout. I know the constant wars and fact that if you weren't attached to the computer 24/7 would mean death to your state. Personally that's what burned me out on coming back. Every time I do it ends in wars.

January 2009 - Satan666(#44) was awarded the Medal of Destruction for making 819 attacks